Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rep. Jones leads legislative charge against unconstitutional military action in Syria

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rep. Jones leads legislative charge against unconstitutional military action in Syria

Rep. Jones leads legislative charge against unconstitutional military action in Syria

by The Blog on June 28, 2013
    At a press conference yesterday, Rep. Walter Jones spoke against unconstitutional military action in Syria.
    Joined by Sen. Rand Paul, and Reps. Chris Gibson, Peter Welch, and Rick Nolan, the North Carolina lawmaker said, “We cannot continue to spend American money and risk American lives overseas without a vote of approval from Congress.”
    “For too long, the legislature’s responsibility to authorize military force has been overlooked,” said Jones. “It is time that we uphold the Constitution, which makes it clear in Article 1, Section 8 that Congress alone holds the power to declare war.”
    Rep. Jones noted the importance of H.R. 2494 — legislation that would require Congressional authorization before any funds are sent to Syria — a companion to S. 1201, which was introduced by Sens. Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Chris Murphy, and Tom Udall last week.
    A similar effort sponsored by Rep. Jones along with Rep. Thomas Massie, H.R. 2507, was introduced on Wednesday and would require that Congress formally declare war before funding any U.S. involvement in Syria.
    Rep. Jones also separately filed H. Con. Res. 40 last week to prohibit the president from using any war power against Syria without express authorization from Congress stressing that war powers and funds originate with the people’s Congress, not the Executive. Like H. Con. Res. 107 of the 112th Congress, this new concurrent resolution declares that all unauthorized military actions taken by the president are to be considered impeachable offenses under Article 2, Section 4 of the Constitution.

Tagged as: Congress must declare war, Executive War Power, Military intervention into Syria, Rep. Thomas Massie, rep. walter jones, Sen Mike Lee, Sen Rand Paul, war declarations
    http://www.conservativeactionalerts....tion-in-syria/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I love Walter! Wish he was my representative--he is awesome!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by imblest View Post
    I love Walter! Wish he was my representative--he is awesome!
    My Rep is Nydia Theassquez.