Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Ron Paul's Record on Illegal Aliens and Immigration

It has been reported that Rep. Ron Paul has established a presidential exploratory committee.

There are many things I like about Rep. Paul, however, it is only fair that he must face the votes that he taken regarding illegal aliens and immigration.

Here is a link to the NumbersUSA immigration votes: http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=787.

On at least three (3) occasions, Rep. Paul voted for the notorious pro-illegal alien section 245(i) that is a form of amnesty for illegal aliens.

On at least seven (7) occasions, he voted against using troops to assist border control efforts.

He voted against against extending a voluntary workplace verification pilto program.

He voted against a bill that would bar dirver licenses for illegal aliens.

He voted against an amendment to fund program to deny driver's licenses to illegal aliens.

He voted against an amendment to increase security with a border fence.

He voted to allow firms to lay off Americans to make room for foreign workers.

He voted for a bill that nearly doubled H-1B foreign high-tech workers.

He cosponsored legislation to increase H-2B workers who are present in the U.S. at any one time in 2005-2006.

Now, compare the record of Rep. Paul with that of Rep. Tancredo on all of the votes mentioned previously. Here is a link to Rep. Tancredo's voting record: http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=146.

MW
    This issue is already being discussed. Please read:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=51013

I think you'll find the information you pointed out and more on the thread.

I'm still a Rep. Duncan Hunter man!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rep. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    This issue is already being discussed. Please read:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=51013

I think you'll find the information you pointed out and more on the thread.

I'm still a Rep. Duncan Hunter man!
    Thanks for providing a link to that thread.

That thread did not inlcude a link to Rep. Tancredo's votes. I hope the link that I have provided to Rep. Tancredo's votes will be useful to some.

I will be supporting Rep. Tancredo. His voting record on immigration and illegal aliens in my opinion is perfect. He has a lifetime score of "99" from the American Conservative Union. He has acheived a score of "100" from the National Right to Life Commitee every term that he has served in Congress with the exception of one and in that term he scored a "99". His 2005 voting record ranked him as the fifth most fiscally conservative member of the U.S. House of Representatives acccording to the National Taxpayers Union. His score of eighty percent (80%) actually placed him a tie for third with Rep. Duncan and Rep. Franks. Rep. Paul did finish second.

Rep. Tancredo is a fiscally conservative as Rep. Paul, but he has not on three (3) separate occasions voted for an amnesty for illegal aliens as Rep. Paul did when he voted in favor of section 245(i). If Rep. Tancredo and Rep. Hunter were not running, I would support Rep. Paul. He would be a fine president.

Rep. Tancredo, Rep. Ron Paul, Hunter, Dobbs, Virgil Goode even Buchanan (a bit gun shy after his last lashings by the neocons) would be fine choices for President.

But they will be dragged through the mud while the other idiots that MSM is pushing will get a pass and a push.

I have voted for the lesser of the two evils for the last time. If none of the above make it or someone else with similar credentials doesn't get a chance, I will be voting for a third party.

But then again, if we don't get a paper trail or eliminate these Diebold electronic voting machines that can easily be hacked, it may not matter.

I believe this is our last chance to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Rep. Tancredo, Rep. Ron Paul, Hunter, Dobbs, Virgil Goode even Buchanan (a bit gun shy after his last lashings by the neocons) would be fine choices for President.

But they will be dragged through the mud while the other idiots that MSM is pushing will get a pass and a push.

I have voted for the lesser of the two evils for the last time. If none of the above make it or someone else with similar credentials doesn't get a chance, I will be voting for a third party.

But then again, if we don't get a paper trail or eliminate these Diebold electronic voting machines that can easily be hacked, it may not matter.

I believe this is our last chance to get it right.
    I agree with essentially everything you said. If one of those three (3) candidates or someone with similar credentials is not nominated, I plan to vote for the nominee of the Constitution Party.

I do like a great deal abotu Rep. Paul, I just happen to have serious disagreement with some of his votes concerning illegal aliens.