Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Report: Cruz caves, set to endorse Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ted Cruz

https://www.facebook.com/tedcruzpage/posts/10154476728267464
    6 hrs ·

This election is unlike any other in our nation’s history. Like many other voters, I have struggled to determine the right course of action in this general election.

In Cleveland, I urged voters, “please, don’t stay home in November. Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket whom you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution.”

After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump.

I’ve made this decision for two reasons. First, last year, I promised to support the Republican nominee. And I intend to keep my word.

Second, even though I have had areas of significant disagreement with our nominee, by any measure Hillary Clinton is wholly unacceptable — that’s why I have always been #NeverHillary.

Six key policy differences inform my decision. First, and most important, the Supreme Court. For anyone concerned about the Bill of Rights — free speech, religious liberty, the Second Amendment — the Court hangs in the balance. I have spent my professional career fighting before the Court to defend the Constitution. We are only one justice away from losing our most basic rights, and the next president will appoint as many as four new justices. We know, without a doubt, that every Clinton appointee would be a left-wing ideologue. Trump, in contrast, has promised to appoint justices “in the mold of Scalia.”

For some time, I have been seeking greater specificity on this issue, and today the Trump campaign provided that, releasing a very strong list of potential Supreme Court nominees — including Sen. Mike Lee, who would make an extraordinary justice — and making an explicit commitment to nominate only from that list. This commitment matters, and it provides a serious reason for voters to choose to support Trump.

Second, Obamacare. The failed healthcare law is hurting millions of Americans. If Republicans hold Congress, leadership has committed to passing legislation repealing Obamacare. Clinton, we know beyond a shadow of doubt, would veto that legislation. Trump has said he would sign it.

Third, energy. Clinton would continue the Obama administration’s war on coal and relentless efforts to crush the oil and gas industry. Trump has said he will reduce regulations and allow the blossoming American energy renaissance to create millions of new high-paying jobs.

Fourth, immigration. Clinton would continue and even expand President Obama’s lawless executive amnesty. Trump has promised that he would revoke those illegal executive orders.

Fifth, national security. Clinton would continue the Obama administration’s willful blindness to radical Islamic terrorism. She would continue importing Middle Eastern refugees whom the FBI cannot vet to make sure they are not terrorists. Trump has promised to stop the deluge of unvetted refugees.

Sixth, Internet freedom. Clinton supports Obama’s plan to hand over control of the Internet to an international community of stakeholders, including Russia, China, and Iran. Just this week, Trump came out strongly against that plan, and in support of free speech online.

These are six vital issues where the candidates’ positions present a clear choice for the American people.
    If Clinton wins, we know — with 100% certainty — that she would deliver on her left-wing promises, with devastating results for our country.

My conscience tells me I must do whatever I can to stop that.

We also have seen, over the past few weeks and months, a Trump campaign focusing more and more on freedom — including emphasizing school choice and the power of economic growth to lift African-Americans and Hispanics to prosperity.

Finally, after eight years of a lawless Obama administration, targeting and persecuting those disfavored by the administration, fidelity to the rule of law has never been more important.

The Supreme Court will be critical in preserving the rule of law. And, if the next administration fails to honor the Constitution and Bill of Rights, then I hope that Republicans and Democrats will stand united in protecting our fundamental liberties.
    Our country is in crisis. Hillary Clinton is manifestly unfit to be president, and her policies would harm millions of Americans. And Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way.

A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don’t want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him.
    https://www.facebook.com/tedcruzpage...54476728267464

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    .... Ted Cruz ...
    He ought to just keep his mouth shut. He has no explanation for the way he and other Republicans treated Trump even after the primaries? Who does he think he is fooling? No apologies?

Go back to Canada, Ted Cruz, your nation is calling you.

Listen to McCain. he knows how to keep his mouth shut.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

John McCain Backs Donald Trump, Says GOP Must Abide Voters ...

blogs.wsj.com/.../john-mccain-says-gop-must-abide-voters-wishe...The Wall Street Journal

May 8, 2016 - Sen. John McCain said he will back Donald Trump in the general election despite misgivings over his candidacy, sticking to his promise to back the Republican Party’s presidential nominee and urging other party leaders to get on board...
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's hard to explain how I feel about this endorsement, but the bottom-line is it makes me happy. It's like a lost relative coming home, the black sheep getting straight.

Many of you may remember that in December os 2015 when Ted Cruz in my judgment lied to America in the Debate about his never supporting legalization of illegal aliens, that is when I turned on Cruz. Although I preferred Donald Trump and found Cruz way off the mark on social issues, I liked Ted Cruz because he was a co-sponsor of the FairTax Act of 2015.

Trump likes the FairTax, too, but he decided the fastest way to make some improvements was tax cuts, so that is tax plan for now. But for all FairTax Supporters, if Trump can work with Cruz and many many other FairTax Supporters and Sponsors in Congress, Republicans may be able to pass the FairTax bill soon after the election. There's an implementation period of 1 full year following passage of the bill.

This will be the most dramatic single improvement to our federal system that can be achieved, so a good relationship between Trump and Cruz could be very beneficial for our country if that synergy results in the FairTax passing. I realize there are some who don't yet get it on the FairTax, but that's where leadership comes in. Trump can provide that leadership.

There are moments in history where unity behind good ideas and doing the right thing can truly make a difference. And in all fairness to Ted Cruz, there are areas where he can make an important difference in Congress, like with the FairTax, Trump will need a good working relationship with Congress, and a renewed relationship between Trump and Cruz can go a long ways towards reaching these goals.

I'm not sure Trump knows how much support there is in Congress already for the FairTax. It's been held up in Committee, denied floor debate and strangled in that manner,, yet it has consistently had more Sponsors and Co-Sponsors, plus many supporters who will vote for it but don't put their names on the bill, than any major bill in history. So, it's time to unleash it, and hopefully 2017 will be that year, then the people can decide, do they really want freedom or not. You can not be free when the government imposes and collects income taxes on your earnings, your profits, your investments, your gains, your death. You are not free when government is involved with your private, personal or business affairs. Yes, government must have taxes to function, but the manner in which it taxes is the key difference between a country that is free to function and a country that isn't.

The FairTax sets US free.

So if you love freedom and limited government, then the FairTax is the answer to that.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-24-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump 'greatly honored' by Cruz's endorsement

By Gabby Morrongiello (@gabriellahope_) • 9/23/16 4:30 PM

Donald Trump graciously accepted and endorsement from Ted Cruz on Friday, just two months after suggesting the Texas senator "ruined his political career" by encouraging Republicans to vote their conscience at the GOP convention.
    "I am greatly honored by the endorsement of Senator Cruz. We have fought the battle and he was a tough and brilliant opponent," the Republican presidential nominee said in a statement.
    He added, "I look forward to working with him for many years to come in order to make America great again."
    Cruz announced his support for Trump on Friday, noting that it comes "after many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching [his] own conscience."
    Stay abreast of the latest developments from nation's capital and beyond with curated News Alerts from the Washington Examiner news desk and delivered to your inbox.

"I've made this decision for two reasons. First, last year, I promised to support the Republican nominee. And I intend to keep my word," he wrote on Facebook.
    The endorsement comes as Cruz looks to improve his approval rating, which began to decline after he refused to endorse Trump at the convention in July. Cruz was booed during the speech and faced tough questions from Texas delegates at a breakfast the following morning.
    Trump had previously floated the possibility of funding a challenger to Cruz when the Texas senator faces re-election in 2018.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...Xz-3MU.twitter
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 09-24-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    I agree that Trump will be a great uniter and I look forward to his leadership. But I don't think the Republican party or party politics in general are ever going to be the same after this election no matter who wins. Trump could have gotten this far without the Republican party. Maybe even farther.

Do you really so easily forget the abuse and subversion he suffered in his race for the nomination and the Republican caucus? This, despite the fact that he was winning the nomination handily by easily observable accounts.

And now, 5 weeks before the election, when it looks like he is winning, now Cruz is getting on board? Cruz should thank Trump for his efforts and apologize for his behavior. That wouldn't undermine party unity would it?
    Please ......... just give us a break. Call my wife ugly and accuse my dad of being part of an assassination plot and see how fast I support you. Cruz came around and decided to honor his commitment, so can we just please move beyond this hate you have for someone many of us still think is supporting our best interest in the U.S Congress? Your consistent bashing of Cruz isn't furthering Trump or helping our country in any way.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Please ......... just give us a break. Call my wife ugly and accuse my dad of being part of an assassination plot and see how fast I support you. Cruz came around and decided to honor his commitment, so can we just please move beyond this hate you have for someone many of us still think is supporting our best interest in the U.S Congress? Your consistent bashing of Cruz isn't furthering Trump or helping our country in any way.
    Sorry, but anyone who is paying attention can't help but observe that Trump is the "anti-establishment" candidate and that means also the Republican Party as represented by Cruz and his supporters, which includes you by the way. Arguments to deflect the term to Clinton are weak and for those of a much shorter attention span.

This election is not won yet and even if it is, Cruz cannot be counted on to support Trump in the White House even though Trump in the White House advances the cause of the "establishment" Republicans like Cruz and his supporters. If it isn't won, then Cruz has lost nothing and won't represent anything like real opposition to Clinton. It was people like Clinton and McCain and the rest of the Two Party System that makes somebody like Cruz possible, somebody who can't really decide which country he belongs to -- maybe two or three at the same time. He is a "globalist", his posture of wanting to uphold US borders and citizenship is a sadistic prank.

So how many Republicans out there have openly decided to vote for Clinton? Cruz might have done the same thing, that's where his heart is at, but that would be political suicide now, even for Cruz.

I wouldn't otherwise snipe at Cruz at this occasion except that somebody went out of their way to actually thank the little rat. That calls for a response and a call to people's memory.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    So how many Republicans out there have openly decided to vote for Clinton? Cruz might have done the same thing, that's where his heart is at, but that would be political suicide now, even for Cruz.
    Such a thought is ludicrous. Cruz would have never voted for Hillary Clinton and has never said anything that would even suggest such a ridiculous notion. IMO, you obsession and hate are very misdirected. Trump won the primaries and is moving forward. Please, can't we all just move forward. This is not the time to create division among those of us who are committed to supporting Trump. Furthermore, you comment concerning Cruz and his lack of willingness to support Trump is pretty lame. If you'll look back at the primaries, they both pretty much agree with each other on a host of topics, especially where immigration and border security is concerned. Actually Trump has come around to Cruz's original position on deporting illegals through enforcement vice mass roundup and deportation. Personally, I like the mass deportation talk, but unfortunately, in reality, such talk was proving to be more damaging than helpful to securing the presidency.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cruz says he and his family have forgiven Donald Trump, says decision to endorse took months of prayer

Sep. 24, 2016 10:59am Chris Enloe

For Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas), the decision to endorse Republican nominee Donald Trump wasn’t an easy one.

Although for the former Republican presidential nominee’s supporters the decision seemed to be sudden and rash, Cruz told KTRK-TV Friday that the decision to support Trump didn’t come as a result of a political deal, but rather it came after several months of thought and prayer.

“There were no deals,” Cruz told the news station. “We had been engaged in conversations. You know it’s been a decision as I said I’ve been thinking about and praying about for weeks and months, discussing it with my family, and I made the decision today and announced it Friday.”

Following his non-endorsement of Trump during the Republican national convention in July, Cruz took a lot of heat from Republicans and supporters alike. At the time, Cruz instructed Republicans to “vote their conscience,” a phrase that drew a large number of “boos” during his speech.

During an interview with the Texas Tribune Friday, Cruz invoked the phrase again, this time in-favor of Trump.

“I don’t believe I could in good conscience look my kids in the eyes and say I sat by [and let Clinton win],” Cruz told the newspaper.

Many political pundits on the same side of politics and culture as Cruz have said they’re abstaining from voting for Trump due to conflicts in value and principle, among other reasons.

But Cruz explained in a lengthly Facebook post Friday that his decision to support Trump could be narrowed down to a few key issues, namely Supreme Court nominations, six policy differences between Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, his pledge to support the Republican nominee and the fact that “Hillary Clinton is manifestly unfit to be president, and her policies would harm millions of Americans [and] Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way.”

Still, many of Cruz’s supporters couldn’t understand why he decided to support Trump after the multiple personal attacks Trump launched at Cruz and his family during the primary.

But, Cruz told KTRK that he and his family have moved past the attacks and forgiven Trump.

“Listen, [in] politics, there’s always criticism. If no one is throwing rocks at you, you’re not doing much of anything,” Cruz said. “I’ve discussed it with both Heidi and my dad. I love my wife. I love my dad. Both of them have forgiven Donald. I have forgiven him.”

“This is not personal. This is not about our family,” he added. “It’s about the country.”

Watch Cruz’s interview with KTRK below:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...ths-of-prayer/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast