Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reporting illegals to local police.

I reported an illegal alien, employed by the company I was laid off from, to everyone and his/her mother. When I called Social Security to report him for identity theft for using a stolen social security number, I asked them when they would do something about it. They said that they only take the information and put it in a database for law enforcement to use but don't enforce the law themselves. I asked who I would get a hold of to enforce the law and deport this illegal alien. Surprisingly, the lady at Social Security, whom I was speaking with, didn't tell me to contact immigration to enforce the law, she told me that I had to contact the local police department and report this man for identity theft.

The local police department is the only institution I haven't contacted. Well actually, I called them but they told me that I had to come there in person to file a report. Has anyone else here tried this? To report illegals to local police for identity theft for using stolen social security numbers?

yes many times

Palm Beach Fl is not interested. They do not ask criminals about their legal status. I have made reports in person. The Sheriff will not talk to me. I send the Sheriff every article about Sheriff Joe. I send weekly e-mails to County Commissioners, Mayor etc. No responses.
    I have reported many employers to ICE and IRS both Federal and State. I walk around with my camera and add pictures to my reports. I reported the Catholic Church. Yes, I report daily.
    I also call and e-mail all State Officials. They do not respond. Our AG lied to the press. Stated that law enforcement does ask legal status. I also called him about the importance of honesty.

Fedup,

Use our Action Pannel to contact immigration.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=19

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Fedup,

Use our Action Pannel to contact immigration.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=19

Dixie
    I tried ALL of those, not just once, but quite a few times in the past couple years. I learned about ALIPAC's Action Panel when I first became a member here over 2 years ago and used every single one of those. I'm still waiting for "someone" to do something. The only thing that I haven't tried is to contact local police, like Social Security suggested. That's why I was wondering if anyone here has tried that. She told me that to have the law enforced, I need to go to the local police.

I'm sorry FedUp but I don't have any help to offer,it sounds like you've done everything you could.If you were the one using false id,I have NO DOUBT you would be visited and detained by all of the groups you contacted.
    FedUp and ShelvaPreston -your stories make me angry(that no one is taking these problems seriously) and sad.
    Thank you both for doing the right thing.

Rawhide!

When I called Social Security to report him for identity theft for using a stolen social security number, I asked them when they would do something about it. They said that they only take the information and put it in a database for law enforcement to use but don't enforce the law themselves.
    Do you know the name on the social security card he is using? If the victim contacted the authorities he/she would have to be taken seriously. He also would have grounds for both a criminal and civil case. It would be a long shot that the person is living and could be located, but worth a try if it is not a completely ordinary name.

Unfortunately, the answer you got about them just putting the information in a database is happening in far too many cases. Many property crimes are treated the same way. They take a report for insurance and tax purposes, but never actually do an investigation.

It has become the sole responsibility of the business owner to protect his property from theft and burglary. In a nearby town, a 74 year old man shot and killed a theft as he was running from his store. He is now scheduled to stand trial for murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide
    If you were the one using false id,I have NO DOUBT you would be visited and detained by all of the groups you contacted.
    That's the thing. If an American citizen is committing identity theft, he/she will be arrested and probably spend many years in jail, and rightly so. But if an illegal alien is committing identity theft.....well......then it's ok.

Hannity and Colmes is going to have identity theft as part of "The Price We Pay" series on illegal immigration tonight. It's usually the last 20 minutes of the show and its on now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Do you know the name on the social security card he is using? If the victim contacted the authorities he/she would have to be taken seriously. He also would have grounds for both a criminal and civil case. It would be a long shot that the person is living and could be located, but worth a try if it is not a completely ordinary name.
    That's the thing. I know he is using a stolen social security card. I just don't know whose. And Social Security asks you whose social security number this person is using. Without being able to tell them this, they won't do anything. They just put your information in their database. So I guess if they are using people's social security numbers who are unaware that their identity has been stolen or social security numbers of people who passed away, then it's ok. What's also to stop terrorists from doing the same thing?

My dad passed away and I always wonder if his social security number is being used by an illegal alien now. I wonder if this could be a way to help stop illegals. If everyone in this country does checkups with social security to make sure that their deceased loved-ones social security numbers aren't being used by anyone else, maybe this can take a toll on illegals. Something for us to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Hannity and Colmes is going to have identity theft as part of "The Price We Pay" series on illegal immigration tonight. It's usually the last 20 minutes of the show and its on now.
    What did they say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast