Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Residents: Port Richmond mob attacks racially motivated

[b]I wonder why drudgereport.com is refusing to run this story?/b]

--

Residents: Port Richmond mob attacks racially motivated

Thursday, September 15, 2011

PORT RICHMOND - September 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are on alert in Port Richmond after a recent rash of mob attacks neighbors allege are racially motivated.

Philadelphia Police officers were stationed in the 2500 block of Indiana to prevent any more trouble.

Mark Lavelle, a Youth Athletic League director, says on Friday night he was walking outside to his car when he noticed two white teen males being chase by a large group of African Americans and Puerto Ricans wielding pipes and baseball bats. He says he quickly told the two to run into his house for cover.

"Then I got into my house, I dead bolted my door. Two males proceeded to kick it while one held the door open and managed to get through, busted through my door, broke my lock, swung and hitting me with a pipe," Lavelle said.

Police arrived moments later making a number of arrests.

It turns out there had been a confrontation between white teens and blacks and Hispanics earlier in Campbell Square Park in the 2600 block of Allegheny.

Community Activist Mary Trombetta says they're chasing the flash mobs out of Center City and right into the neighborhoods.

"The audacity to bust into his house and hurt him in front of his family, it's just appalling to me," Trombetta said.

But early Sunday morning, there would be more trouble to come.

Resident Joe Pellegrino says his brother-in-law was attacked by a group of white teenagers who thought he was Puerto Rican.

"The next thing you know, he's getting attacked by brass knuckles, getting jumped, and they said, 'You're one of them Puerto Rican kids who tried to jump us the other day', he said, 'No, I'm not even Puerto Rican, I'm Greek,'" Pellegrino said.

Tonight, Lavelle, who was wearing a foot cast after injuring his leg in the scuffle, says the mother of one of the men who attacked him has threatened to come after him.

All this tension which seems to rear its ugly head every few years in Port Richmond prompted an emergency meeting Wednesday night of police and officials from the Human Relations Commission along with community leaders and State Representative John Taylor.

"It's something that none of us can take lightly, I think the community leaders are not taking it lightly and certainly the residents aren't," Taylor said.

(Copyright ©2011 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8354866
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mob Attacks Terrorize Port Richmond; Retaliation Threatened

[img]http://media.philadelphiaweekly.com/images/649*432/NoCops.jpg[/img]

Gated community: Port Richmond residents say mobs of kids are taking over parks after dark.

Photo by Ryan Strand

Last weekend in Port Richmond was one of the most violent in recent memory, and it all took place within a few blocks and in or near parks that residents say increasingly attract trouble after dark.
    It all started Friday night when a fight broke out in Campbell Square Park. Judging from the piles of broken glass and amateur graffiti left behind—including incorrectly drawn pentagrams and backward swastikas—whoever it was was drinking illegally and looking for trouble. Though it’s doubtful they were actually trying to express Satan worship or anti-Semitism, at least some of the violence is racially motivated.

The neighborhood rumor mill cranked out two possible causes for the fight: Some say it was beef over turf, that some kids came over from Fishtown. Others heard it began when a white kid pushed a black kid off a bicycle.

Maryann Trombetta, president of Port Richmond’s Town Watch, walked up on the scene at Campbell after her regular Friday night patrol. Trombetta says cops were everywhere and a chopper swirled above, painting the park in bright light. The kids scattered.

Mark LaVelle, 37, lives a few blocks away from Campbell Square, but closer to Stokely Playground, another park residents say trouble-seeking kids take over at night. On the entrance hangs a sign that warns: no trespassing between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Someone covered the word “trespassingâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What did they stop building "Paddy wagons" here in the US? Let em' get settled in the park then throw the net over them, Inconvenience Mom and Dad slap the parents with a nice little $250.00 fine plus court costs. Use Obama's "Pay to Play" against him!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Is it just me or are these flash mob situations escalating since Obama came into power? Have the Obama presidency and a Black Panther sympathizer running the DOJ emboldened these racists?

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Is it just me or are these flash mob situations escalating since Obama came into power? Have the Obama presidency and a Black Panther sympathizer running the DOJ emboldened these racists?
    Before these flash mobs started forming and attacking white Americans in the last two years, I had never read of them before in my lifetime and I a have been an avid news consumer for twenty years.

W

I had never heard of a "flash mob" with the intent of attacking white Americans until this past two years. One might be lead to believe the Obama presidency is inciting racial unrest in this country; in which whites are being targeted while Obama and his DOJ look the other way in the name of "social justice."

Obama’s cavalier attitude towards this emerging violence which is no question fueled by hate, does not seem surprising given his 20+ year relationship with the “honorableâ€

Banned
    Word of advice to the cops, " center mass."

Remember when flash mobs were just random groups of people who gathered and did something offbeat like danced or sang a stupid song, then dispersed? No violence done, just a minor annoyance? Sigh. Why does someone always have to take something innocent and ruin it?
    "I'd rather be perceived as the biggest nerd and eventually be successful than as the coolest person and achieve nothing."

I never heard of a flash mob - ever - until the last couple of years, and violent flash mobs only in the last several months or so. Now the word is getting out about the reverse racism element to the violence.