Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Response Letter From My Own Personal Backstabber

Dear Mr. (VaMinuteMan):

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on border security and immigration policy. I appreciate your thoughts on these matters.

The Senate recently considered border security and immigration reform legislation. From the outset of the debate, I stated my firm belief that any legislative approach to providing overall immigration reform must rest on the foundation that we secure our borders, and then deal, realistically, with the millions of undocumented workers who are already in this country. In my view, both components are absolutely essential to ensuring our security as a nation.

During several weeks of Senate debate, over two hundred amendments were filed, and the Senate conducted over forty roll call votes. As a result, the legislation that ultimately passed the Senate by a vote of 62-36, with my support, was notably different from the original bill.

In the area of border security, the Senate passed bill - the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act - would provide significant new resources. Some key provisions of the bill include language that would: (1) authorize the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to hire an additional 14,000 border patrol agents (there are currently about 12,000 agents); (2) provide the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection a fleet of helicopters, power boats, unmanned ariel vehicles, and technological improvements to allow for constant monitoring along the borders; (3) make members of the National Guard temporarily available to assist the Department of Homeland Security in securing the United States' international borders; (4) authorize the construction of additional fencing and vehicle barriers located at strategic areas along the southwest border; and (5) increase the capacity of detention facilities to detain illegal aliens.

In addition to the important border security and enforcement elements of the bill, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act would create a new temporary work visa to match up employers, who are unable to find Americans to fill needed positions, with individuals who reside in other countries who wish to temporarily work in the U.S. and then return home. This newly proposed H-2C visa program would allow up to 200,000 workers to temporarily and legally hold jobs in the U.S. so long as employers interested in participating in the H-2C visa program first with the U.S. Department of Labor for certification that U.S. workers capable of performing the work are not available and that the employment of the alien workers do not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.

The Senate passed bill also contains provisions to address the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants that reside in the United States. Under the framework of the bill, these undocumented immigrants would be divided in three categories based on length of time they have lived in this country.

Those who have lived here less than 2 years would be forced to their home country. Undocumented immigrants who have lived in the U.S. less than 5 years but greater than 2 years would be required to exit the U.S. and seek re-entry through established legal procedures. Finally, those undocumented workers who have been in the United States for at least five years prior to April 5, 2006, could receive conditional work authorization of no more than six years after: paying a fine; undergoing a criminal background check; and submitting their fingerprints to authorities. After working for six years in the United States, this group would be eligible for a green card if they: completed their employment requirement; paid an additional fine; showed proof of payment of back taxes owed; demonstrated knowledge of English and U.S. civics; and registered for the military selective service. (Upon legal reentry into the United States, the second group of undocumented workers, those who have been in the country between two and five years prior to April 5, 2006, would be subject to these same requirements).

It is important to note that the Senate passed bill makes it clear that any undocumented worker who has been convicted of a felony, convicted of three misdemeanors, or who has been deemed a danger to the United States by DHS would be denied legal status and citizenship under the bill. Moreover, the bill includes language, that I strongly support, that requires the President to certify that these guest worker provisions are in the national security interests of the United States before they go into effect. Finally, the legislation includes provisions that I have supported that would declare English the national language of the United States and the unifying language of the United States.

The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act will now proceed to a conference committee between the Senate and the House of Representatives to negotiate the differences between the Senate passed bill and the House passed bill (H.R. 4437). While I do not expect to be a conferee, it is my hope that the conference committee will diligently work together to reach a consensus that further improves the Senate passed bill.

Please be assured that I value the thoughts you have shared with me. You may be certain that I will keep your views in mind should a final bill emerge from the conference committee.

With kind regards, I am

John Warner

Re: Response Letter From My Own Personal Backstabber

Quote Originally Posted by Senator Warner
    From the outset of the debate, I stated my firm belief that any legislative approach to providing overall immigration reform must rest on the foundation that we secure our borders, and then deal, realistically, with the millions of undocumented workers who are already in this country. In my view, both components are absolutely essential to ensuring our security as a nation.
    Ok jackass...so why did you vote for SB 2611?

Re: Response Letter From My Own Personal Backstabber

Quote Originally Posted by Senator Warner
    During several weeks of Senate debate, over two hundred amendments were filed, and the Senate conducted over forty roll call votes. As a result, the legislation that ultimately passed the Senate by a vote of 62-36, with my support, was notably different from the original bill.
    Ya got that right...it got WORSE.

PUKE PUKE PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I hear, "and then deal, realistically, with the millions of undocumented workers who are already in this country". Translated this means we are rolling out the welcome mat to all of them, giving them every benefit we can possibly think of, rights that americans citizens don't even have and even when they are made legal they will still not be expected to obey they law because their native country demands this and we will be called racist if we expect them to and be facing lawsuits. We want to make these wonderful hard working citizens legal but we will have no expectations of them and law enforcement will be banned from harrassing them in any way just as they are now.

Now you hammer him. Drop by congress.org and tell him this stand he's taking in just too out of line with what you, your family and friends in the community want done. Tell him none will support him.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Now you hammer him. Drop by congress.org and tell him this stand he's taking in just too out of line with what you, your family and friends in the community want done. Tell him none will support him.
    already did that the day of the Senate vote...my next act is a face to face appointment in his office.

He is wiling to sell out the country, the american people and he better be ready to sell out his office, because he is out of there.

Va,

already did that the day of the Senate vote...my next act is a face to face appointment in his office.
    OHHH, let us know what happens!

I sent him a letter too. Course, since I live in Fl, it'll easily be ignored. Just don't think that hearing from all of us around the country hurts.

Va, I'm glad you're on our side!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    He is wiling to sell out the country, the american people and he better be ready to sell out his office, because he is out of there.
    unfortunately John Warner is like herpes...we're stuck with him for the duration. He's of the same political stuff like Robert Byrd, Strom Thurmond and Edward Kennedy. They just refuse to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    Va, I'm glad you're on our side!
    Thanks Pat!

Just a note...anybody can have a face to face with their rep...you just have to arrange an appointment just like a doctor's visit. Now I've never taken such a step before...but I think this will be my first. It's alot easier since I live near Washington. But each rep has it's own district offices to meet with his constituents.

VaMinuteMan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast