Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Response from Nestles!!

October 23, 2006

Dear Ms. _ _ _ _,

Thank you for contacting us. We were surprised and dismayed when the video appearing on YOUTUBE was brought to our attention.

The man wearing the Nestlé badge appearing on the video is NOT a Nestlé employee, and his comments do not represent the views of Nestlé nor do they represent our policies or practices. He is an outside supplier retained by Nestlé to perform services at our Chatsworth, California manufacturing facility. He had a temporary contractor badge to enter the facility.

Rest assured that we are investigating this situation. Nestlé follows all laws regarding documentation of our workers; we only employ those who have the right to legally work in the U.S. We also expect our suppliers to adhere to all applicable laws.

Again, we appreciate your forwarding these concerns to us.

Sincerely,
    Kathleen Hayes
    Consumer Response Representative

Ref: N14411721

My response...

Dear Ms. Hayes:

I hear this kind of thing from a LOT of companies that use outside contractors so that they can claim ignorance when illegal aliens are hired. Nestles as well as every company in this Country is ULTIMATELY responsible for making sure that the contractors they use FOLLOW THE LAW and that OUR food sources are safe from people that have not been screened for health practices. I am sure you are aware, when someone comes into this Country LEGALLY they MUST go through a health screening by a designated physician appointed by the immigration service. If that person cannot provide their immunization records, they must have the inoculations again. Not only am I angry with the racial slurs and the insults to my Country, but also that this man was picking up day laborers (which if you have any sense you would know are most likely illegal aliens) to work for your company in God knows what capacity.

Until your company takes responsibility and proves that they are doing background checks on their outside contractors and their hiring practices (by utilizing the federal governments workplace verification program) I will continue my boycott of your products as will thousands of people around America!

Please do not take the American people for fools.

I await your response.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

That is a very good response and you are absolutely right, they hire illegals through contractors and sub-contractors so they can say they do not hire illegals.

Wal-Mart pulls the same stunt with their contractors building their warehouses and stores. They employ illegals as construction workers putting citizens out of work at good jobs. And that dope Bush keeps harping they take jobs Americans won't do!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Well

It seems the elites and corporate America thinks STILL that we are all stupid and dumbed down. Boy are they WRONG! They have NO idea how many of us are aware! Safety is in numbers and they are outnumbered! Idiots! What they rain down on us they rain down on their own kids and grandkids. How damned blind can you be by greed? Those that want to bring this Country down from within that have kids don't give a rats rear end about their children. They are the sickest of the sick! I cannot fathom this sick and twisted way of thinking. Money and Power mean EVERYTHING at the expense of your own children! I cannot think of anything more low than thinking totally about yourself without a care about what happens to your children! Money will not save ANYONE! Violence and disease KNOWS NO BORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I haven't heard from them yet. My husband wanted some hot chocolate and the store I was at only had Nestle's...I told him they didn't have hot chocolate, since I didn't want to go to another store.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

A belated reply from a new user...

Too much hate and anger is wasted by venting at the fly-by-night immigrants coming from Mexico. It is wasted because it does no good. It only arouses a general discomfort in the general populace and accusations of extremism. There is a better way.

The hate and anger is more effectively directed at business and landlords who employ and rent to the undocumented. As business and landlords have moneyed interest in the political process, of course the government and law enforcement will follow suit. This should also be followed by increasing the minimum wage, which will make these jobs attractive to Euro-Americans. I say Euro-Americans because this whole debate ignores the fact that legal U.S. citizens, who are Mexican-Americans, are just as likely to accept the lower wages depressed by their undocumented paisanos.

In many ways, the future outcome of this debacle should be considered in light of the illegal drug debacle. Americans [American businesses] have a great appetite for illegal drugs [cheap illegal labor]. This energy potential corrupts the political process; it corrupts law enforcement; and it corrupts the purity of our civic spirit. The analogy between illegal drugs and illegal labor is perfect. Replace drug runners with labor smugglers; corruption with corruption; payoffs with payoffs; inertia with inertia.

I have lived in California my whole life, so I will share one example. Every single restaurant employs Mexican labor in the kitchen. This is in keeping with the native agricultural and culinary roots of these people. However, the end effect is the depression of the wage costs for all restaurants. Any restaurant that does business and expects to survive is forced to employ such labor because the market forces have cut costs here for everyone. At the very least they will offer their kitchen staff, whether legal or not, the same depressed wages. By raising minimum wages, businesses will be given the option to compete fairly; obviously labor enforcement must be a concommitant.

The substantial minimum wage increase MUST be coupled to enforcement of immigration and labor laws. There is NO other way. Do NOT be deceived by more political three card monte.
    Alia of the Knife

"I am a messenger from Muad'Dib. Poor Emperor. I'm afraid my brother won't be very pleased with you."