Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Response from Representatives in Congress

I want to share what would be a funny group of incidents if the issue was not so serious. I have contacted Senator Dole five times about illegal immigration. A couple of the letters were petitions from a website and some were personal emails. I received a reply several weeks ago and it SOUNDED like a form letter. Then, 2 weeks ago, I received THREE letters from her on the SAME DAY! EVERY SINGLE ONE was the exact same letter. I was FURIOUS. So, I made copies of all four of the letters, wrote her a personal note telling her what I thought of her as my Senator and, one day last week I received a call from some aide in her office. He said that they receive thousands of letters a day on this "hot button issue" and that she couldn't possibly answer every one individually!! I told him that, for the most part, each letter dealt with different issues on the subject. Then, yesterday, another letter came from Senator Dole. I thought that MAYBE she finally got the message from that last correspondence and that this would be a personal response to my complaint. Guess what?? It was the EXACT same form letter as the first four!!! Is this the kind of representation we need in Washington?

I have also written Senator Burr at least 3 times and have yet to even hear back from him.

BUT, I have written Congressman Coble several times and, each time, I get a PERSONAL response from him addressing each issue I have brought up. I might not always agree with his responses but, by jingo, at least he RESPONDS to his constituents. So, for those in his district, keep this in mind IF he runs for reelection.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie--I got one call from Senator Dole's office. A staff person working in Agriculture issues for her. I had some funny notions that American's didn't want to work agriculture and I said what are you talking about--my cousin picked lettuce, my dad picked fruit and they drove all the way from Missouri to California to get the jobs; all the boys in my high school bucked hay all summer. By the time they were 16 they had enough money to buy brand new loaded sports cars. He says, well, "I did farm work to, and I know how hard it is". So? I said, since when did you come to think that because it's "hard", Americans won't do it? That is a con job on our Congress by the US Chamber for companies hiring illegally.

And, there have always been laws that allowed farmers to high some temporary labor. He said they needed more which was they Dole voted for the one of the bills that would legalize ag jobs. I said, Hon, farmers don't need any more workers than they had 20 years ago. Our country loses millions of acres of farmland a year. North Carolina loses 145,000 acres of land every year to development. He said, "So?"

I said, the less land you have in farmland, the less farming you're doing, so the FEWER WORKERS you need, NOT MORE.

Hmmm. Well, he hoped he answered my questions and I said I had one more and asked him what town he was from? He told me he was from TEXAS!! Now figure that in Lizzy Dole's Office. Don't we have some smart kids here in North Carolina to take calls from North Carolinians so we don't have to explain about the 145,000 acres being lost---because they'd already KNOW farmers don't need any more illegal workers to pick whatever it is they're pickin'. And we've got 125,000 unemployed North Carolinians just in 64 of our 100 counties, the rural areas of North Carolina, that could USE A JOB DOIN' SOMETHING!

Anyone claiming they need foreign labor to do anything in the US today is full of it!!

I think what they're doing is using ag jobs to get them into the country or allow them to say, then they are going to "farm" them out to retailers and charge a personnel fee!!

Wholesale labor....

REPUGNANT!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Response from Reps

I have been writing NC reps about HB 1183 and the number who respond is appallingly small. I have also written Dole, Burr and my congressman McHenry and none has responded so far.

Regarding Judy's comment about labor, there was a carpenter from Lawrenceville, GA on Fox and Friends this morning who has been unemployed for some time because local contractors are using illegals who will work for far less than he can. His life has been all but destroyed. The situation becomes graver by the day.

We must find ways to make people in this country wake up about this issue and do something. Everyone I speak with agrees we need to control illegal immigration but precious few are willing to do anything.
    When we gonna wake up?

Re: Response from Representatives in Congress

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I want to share what would be a funny group of incidents if the issue was not so serious. I have contacted Senator Dole five times about illegal immigration. A couple of the letters were petitions from a website and some were personal emails. I received a reply several weeks ago and it SOUNDED like a form letter. Then, 2 weeks ago, I received THREE letters from her on the SAME DAY! EVERY SINGLE ONE was the exact same letter. I was FURIOUS. So, I made copies of all four of the letters, wrote her a personal note telling her what I thought of her as my Senator and, one day last week I received a call from some aide in her office. He said that they receive thousands of letters a day on this "hot button issue" and that she couldn't possibly answer every one individually!! I told him that, for the most part, each letter dealt with different issues on the subject. Then, yesterday, another letter came from Senator Dole. I thought that MAYBE she finally got the message from that last correspondence and that this would be a personal response to my complaint. Guess what?? It was the EXACT same form letter as the first four!!! Is this the kind of representation we need in Washington?

I have also written Senator Burr at least 3 times and have yet to even hear back from him.

BUT, I have written Congressman Coble several times and, each time, I get a PERSONAL response from him addressing each issue I have brought up. I might not always agree with his responses but, by jingo, at least he RESPONDS to his constituents. So, for those in his district, keep this in mind IF he runs for reelection.
    That's pretty much the norm with these clowns. You email/fax/phone them and they either send you a form letter or a canned email message saying the same stuff over and over again.

Here's another thing that will make your blood boil. I went over to the Hold their feet to the fire lobbying effort yesterday. I was in a group of about 4 people. 500 or more showed up overall. Our group must have went to about 5 reps and 10 senators offices. It didn't matter where we went. We were getting the proverbial blow off left and right. Their excuses were "oh we're too busy" "nobodies here" "everyones at a meeting". How convenient right? Even some snotty spokeshole for Rep Mark Green WI stated that it's their policy that they only talk to constituents from WI (which was bs because almost everyone their was out of state). I respond to this spokeshole by telling her that's bs because you and I both know that if some lobbyist came in with a boatload of cash wanting to promote his/her agenda then I'm sure you would magically come up with a way for him/her to be able to talk to a real person. Still didn't get anywhere, but at least I said what I wanted to say. It's all I could do not to ring one of their stinkin necks. These spokesholes are so arrogant too. They think because they work for some crappy congressman in DC as an intern that they are somebody. Let me tell you that they are nothing. Absolutely nothing. Most of these clowns make about 20 to 30K a year if that and they usually live in an apartment either in DC or Crystal City VA rooming with about 5 to 6 people just to make rent. Yet they work for a congressman and they think they can treat us like crap. They know we are fed up with this issue and they still think they can run and hide. They don't want to talk about this issue. They'll ask to take down your contact info thinking you'll get a return phone call from someone important from their office. Don't fall for it because it won't happen. They don't care about anyting, but where they plan on getting drunk that night and who to sleep with in bed.

If any of you are at this Hold their feet to the fire, it has to be no holds barred from here on out. You tell these filthy verminous spokesholes that even if your not a constituent that you are a tax paying citizen, you pay their salaries to control the borders and enforce our laws and you want a return on that investment you pay in taxes. You tell them that you have traveled thousands of miles to speak with them concerning the negative impacts of mass immigration legal and illegal and that not only do you demand to talk to a real person, but that you won't leave their office until you do. Don't let these idiots blow you off anymore. Have them treat you with the same respect as they treat a paid lobbyist even if it kills them. Tell them how concerned you are with this issue, tell them enough of the bs, enough with the form letters and their lipservice to this issue and that you demand real action that is representative of the people by the people and for the people. That's all.

Sorry I can't go today or tommorow because of work, although I wish I could. If any of you go, good luck and you not only now, but from here on out truly Hold their feet to the fire and remind these bureaucrats who pays their salaries and who elects them into office.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh, I've done that. I've told their aides that I will be voting this election as any other, that if we don't see ACTION and soon I'll be voting for whomever opposes them...with my walllet and my vote and whatever influence I might have with family and friends.

If I get a response from any of my reps, it doesn't make any reference to what I called about. It's a form letter...I wonder if their aides even tell them what I called about. I find myself imagining they have a little notepad on the desk...has a row of llll/ llll/ for....llll/llll/ against...LOL...brief glance tells the story and then they're off to lunch/dinner/drinks etc.

I know some of these folks are enjoying their last days in office. I, for one, am fed up with 'studying' the issue, wrangling over the issue, lenghty speeches about the issue...and NOTHING DONE.

If they'd hang with the constitution there wouldn't be that much to talk about. Just DO it!!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I know some of these folks are enjoying their last days in office. I, for one, am fed up with 'studying' the issue, wrangling over the issue, lenghty speeches about the issue...and NOTHING DONE.
    Totally agree. You know what? When I visit and talk to these bureaucrats and their arrogant spokesholes, I really have no desire to even talk to them like human beings anymore because I know they don't care and that they will try to give me the run around. I know what they are going to do and what they are going to say. I know what their talking points are and I know how they are going to try to refute my talking points and I know how they are going to dodge the issue. I know how the games played. I've been at this for too long now.

Well I say the time for talking is over. The time for action is now. I'm not asking, I'm not suggesting, I'm not requesting, I'm demanding that these souless empty suits and skirts get off their duffs, at least give us a few minutes of their oh so precious time from their oh so busy schedules (and I use that term very loosely) stop worrying about getting reelected, stop worrying about getting paid and close our damn borders and enforce our damn laws and stop giving incentives to illegal aliens. If they don't understand any of this then it's time to vote them out en masse. I'm beyond tired of this already. I want troops on our borders NOW, I want employer sanctions NOW, I want all illegal aliens deported NOW. I and about 90 percent of America want this done NOW, not later, not years from now, but right NOW.

If we get hit with another 9-11 then I will no doubt blame Bush and the whole Republican party outside of a few patriotic Republicans, I will also blame the Democrats too. I will along with the rest of America be pounding the airwaves with the I told ya so's and demand the impeachment of all politicans that conspired to sell out America for coporate profit including Jorge Bush who is at the top of the food chain and should no doubt get the most blame. No excuses will do anymore.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JUDY wrote
    I had some funny notions that American's didn't want to work agriculture and I said what are you talking about--my cousin picked lettuce, my dad picked fruit and they drove all the way from Missouri to California to get the jobs; all the boys in my high school bucked hay all summer. By the time they were 16 they had enough money to buy brand new loaded sports cars. He says, well, "I did farm work to, and I know how hard it is". So? I said, since when did you come to think that because it's "hard", Americans won't do it? That is a con job on our Congress by the US Chamber for companies hiring illegally.

And, there have always been laws that allowed farmers to high some temporary labor. He said they needed more which was they Dole voted for the one of the bills that would legalize ag jobs. I said, Hon, farmers don't need any more workers than they had 20 years ago. Our country loses millions of acres of farmland a year. North Carolina loses 145,000 acres of land every year to development. He said, "So?"

I said, the less land you have in farmland, the less farming you're doing, so the FEWER WORKERS you need, NOT MORE.
    You see, with people like us that have had these vast experiences and remember them, LOL, the politicos can NOT throw the BS and make it stick....we know the truth.

re: TROOPS on borders
    IMHO, there is a better way and it will also give Americans thousands of jobs so dearly needed.
    Take the BILLIONS of dollars we yearly "donate" to Mexico and put it into our Border Patrol!!! Think of the men and women that we can put to work while sealing up the seive! Why are we giving Mexico BILLIONS? It's not going to the people cause..............they're all here. Our Troops should not have to be turned into policemen as they have been with the UN blue helmets. That's not what they're trained for, although we could pull em from Germany and the plush life. {not nice 2nd-slap}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Response from Representatives in Congress

[quote="dman1200"][quote="Bootsie"]I want to share what would be a funny group of incidents if the issue was not so serious. I have contacted Senator Dole five times about illegal immigration. A couple of the letters were petitions from a website and some were personal emails. I received a reply several weeks ago and it SOUNDED like a form letter. Then, 2 weeks ago, I received THREE letters from her on the SAME DAY! EVERY SINGLE ONE was the exact same letter. I was FURIOUS.

I get so angry about such things as well, but for some reason your post made me LMAO.

Thanks for a much needed laugh therapy

IMHO, there is a better way and it will also give Americans thousands of jobs so dearly needed.
    Take the BILLIONS of dollars we yearly "donate" to Mexico and put it into our Border Patrol!!! Think of the men and women that we can put to work while sealing up the seive! Why are we giving Mexico BILLIONS? It's not going to the people cause..............they're all here. Our Troops should not have to be turned into policemen as they have been with the UN blue helmets. That's not what they're trained for, although we could pull em from Germany and the plush life. {not nice 2nd-slap}
    I disagree. They are trained for this. They are guarding Iraq's borders, Germany's borders, South Korea's borders, Kosovo's borders, Japan's borders just to name a few. So if we can do that for those countries then why can't we do it for ours? What's so different about our country that the troops can't guard our borders? Is there some written rule that states we can't put troops on our borders? Troops guarding our borders doesn't have to constitute tanks, rpg's, rocket launchers, bazookas, fighter jets, etc. You can have them operating surveilance equipment, UAV's, helicopters, humvees, they can mine certain spots, they can have snipers on towers. They can construct a fence. Basically militarize the thing. They can be armed with conventional weapons. They can assist the border patrol in the arrest. Basically they can be used as a major deterent and help stop the drug cartels, the gangs, criminals and terrorists who have no reservations about shooting our BP and citizens alike. If most countries do it and it works then why can't we?

Putting money into it helps, but you still have to develop a smart strategy and plan on how to stop the flow of illegals crossing our borders. Training additional BP agents takes time. Use our troops until we can train enough BP agents to take over. Plus this would be good training for our military. It doesn't have to be the army or the marines either. We can use our National Guard.

I do agree that we should stop sending money to Mexico. Definitely no argument there.

Dman:

I'll still contend the way to stop this thing is to stop giving illegal aliens a free pass. Since it is economics that compels them to leave the paradise called Mexico we need to make the attempt to cross into the United States far more punitive.

1. End birth right citizens ship outright.
    2. End chain migration and family reunification.
    3. Make violating the border far more punitive.

In terms of the later, I am an advocate of forced hard labor fro apprehended border crossers. We can set up labor camps along the border and force the illegal aliens to labor under the hot sun making the adobe bricks that will one day form the wall separating our countries. I think 3 months hard labor for a first offense, 1 year hard labor for a second offense, and 2 years for a third offense ought to be discouraging enough. Accommodations would be minimal in full security tent cities, providing necessary medical care, water, and a bland diet. If economic plight is what drives them, the thought of losing 3 month, 1 year, or 2 years respectively of earning power should be a huge disincentive.

We also need punitive measures for the employers of illegal aliens. All monies collected should go for border enforcement.

Regards,

Patriotman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast