Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Response from Senator Ken Salazar

I had sent an email to all my State Reps, and this is what Senator Salazr had to say in return.

Thank you for writing. I share your concern and deep frustration that Congress has not successfully addressed our broken immigration system. Last year during the 109th Congress, the Senate passed the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act. This act was passed in a strong bi-partisan manner, and provided lasting, meaningful and realistic solutions to solve the multiple facets of immigration reform that must be addressed.

In addition to leading a bipartisan effort to push for the passage of this measure, I have supported increased funding for border security initiatives such as adding new border patrol agents and building virtual and physical barriers along our borders. Unfortunately, the House rejected this comprehensive solution in favor of unrealistic and unfeasible reforms designed more to score political points than find real solutions for our immigration problems.

I recognize that illegal immigration is an urgent problem, and only becomes more urgent and severe the longer it isn’t addressed. As the 110th Congress begins, I believe the Congress has an excellent opportunity to accomplish what the 109th Congress could not. Senate Majority Leader Reid has recognized the high priority this unresolved issue poses for America, and has stated his intent to reconsider immigration reform as one of the top 10 agenda items for the Senate. I am encouraged by this development and optimistic about Congressional willingness to finally craft a meaningful and comprehensive solution.

Until the Congress fulfills its duty to enact comprehensive and meaningful immigration reform, I will continue doing everything within my power to push solutions that address all aspects of immigration. As the Senate considers and acts on this important matter, I will keep your thoughts and concerns in mind.

Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Ken Salazar
    United States Senator

Re: Response from Senator Ken Salazar

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    I had sent an email to all my State Reps, and this is what Senator Salazr had to say in return.

Thank you for writing. I share your concern and deep frustration that Congress has not successfully addressed our broken immigration system. Last year during the 109th Congress, the Senate passed the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act. This act was passed in a strong bi-partisan manner, and provided lasting, meaningful and realistic solutions to solve the multiple facets of immigration reform that must be addressed.
    Has he already forgotten that he didn't even find the issue important enough for him to take part in the voting of that act last year? (Or maybe it was he didn't have enough of a spine to vote either way because he was afraid of angering either side of the fence?)

Salazar was one of only 2 senators I believe that didn't vote on that "Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act" last year. I hope people in his district remember his spinelessness come re-election time, its just too bad thats so far away.

I won't forget, and it looks like we need to flood his office with emails, and faxes.

Unfortunately, Colorado is such a funky state when it comes to voting, chances are Salazar won't be out for a long time. He is truly a part of the illegal immigration problem.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    Unfortunately, Colorado is such a funky state when it comes to voting, chances are Salazar won't be out for a long time. He is truly a part of the illegal immigration problem.
    You said it Brother

But what can you expect when the Peoples Republic of Boulder (as most folks refer to the city) tries constantly lead the State in it's attitudes.

It is definately niche voting here. The large swing of voters ideals from the rural areas to the urban and boulderesque communities is crazy.

When you write, please be sure to tell them that we don't have A BROKEN IMMIGRATION SYSTEM........

We DON'T HAVE ENFORCEMENT of the Rule of Law!!

Don't let these morons get away with lying anymore.
    Back them into the wall once and for all to end their idiotic rhetoric.

They want to do away with the phrase "war on terror?"
    We want to do away with the phrases "COMPREHENSIVE & BROKEN IMMIGRATION SYSTEM!"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's what I stated sis. But here we have another professional politician who cares more for what his agenda is, as opposed to the people.

That's what I stated sis. But here we have another professional politician who cares more for what his agenda is, as opposed to the people.
    Not to worry, HY.

This is how they work - how the game is played:
    they pull the phrase and use it as long as possible UNTIL enough people call them on it. Then they pull another one and send up a trial balloon.

When enough people begin to call them on it, they'll begin to squirm. We let these two phrases get away from us originally and now these traitors have them tatooed on their foreheads like the mark of the beast.

The ellis island, touch-back, step out-step in screw-up is a good example of their desperation. We were on it quickly and they're still squirming around like snakes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Not to worry, HY.

This is how they work - how the game is played:
    they pull the phrase and use it as long as possible UNTIL enough people call them on it. Then they pull another one and send up a trial balloon.

When enough people begin to call them on it, they'll begin to squirm. We let these two phrases get away from us originally and now these traitors have them tatooed on their foreheads like the mark of the beast.

The ellis island, touch-back, step out-step in screw-up is a good example of their desperation. We were on it quickly and they're still squirming around like snakes.
    No worry here sis, it just gave me a better idea of whom I have to place the most concentration on. Wayne Allard was a lot better. I'll have to see if I can find his response, as it was far more encouraging, and I thanked him for it.