Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RESTAURANT and CONSTRUCTION are DOWN... NOW'S THE TIME !!!

Although it has been painfully obvious for DECADES to clear-headed people such as ourselves, for some reason the fact that illegal immigrants under-bid for jobs in certain industries, and unfairly depress wages has been ignored, denied, or even outright ridiculed.

But the turkeys have come home to roost, people. Today, two very surprising (to some, strangely) statistics are being trumpeted throughout the media:

http://www.qsrweb.com/article.php?id=10 ... 66&page=58

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1204551 ... lenews_wsj

Never mind the broader implications to the economy (and near criminal blind eying of these events by the media), the downturn is upon us. Whether it's a recession, depression, or "other", what we can certainly count on is that these two industries, restaurants and construction, bellwethers for the state of illegal immigration as a whole, are about to get their bell rung.

And motels, lawn care and others are not far behind.

So who do you think they're going to lay off? The legal workers they have to pay (at least) the minimum wage to, plus taxes and Social Security? Or the illegal immigrant who warrants none of that?

Well, seeing as that the Federal Government tacitly endorses this wholesale law breaking, a business with less-than-perfect scruples who wants to stay competitive would surely keep the illegal workers, and fire the legal ones.

Sadly, it’s a no brainer for some.

But here's where it gets interesting. At the same time these industries are shrinking (and rightfully so for construction), Americans are beginning to lose jobs in other industries. And all of a sudden these “fallbackâ€
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

I have to say we no longer eat in restaurants or stay in hotels when we travel. We book condos directly from owners and cook our own food.
    We can do our own housekeeping too.

Many shore communities have knocked down hotels and erected condos/townhomes/duplexes which are rented out by the weekend, week, month or season.

Neither will we patronize restaurants closer to home. If we want to eat out, we stop at a deli or supermarket for supplies and have a picnic.

We are looking for a new home and absolutely refuse to buy new. These new homes were shoddily built and will not last for long. Existing home older than 50 years old have lasted this long, this is the home for us.

We're doing our part, as much as we can, NOT to enable exploiters of cheap labor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

..and don't forget..

..and while we're faxing and making calls to our senators and Reps re the above, don’t forget to report!

I.C.E. www.ice.gov

Report anonymously if you like, but REPORT!

866.347.2423 24/7/365!

The above number for ICE is very effective and fast!

More government agencies worth mentioning..!
    F.B.I. www.fbi.gov/homepage.htm
    Border Patrol www.cbp.gov
    D.E.A. www.usdoj.gov/dea/index.htm
    N.S.A. www.nsa.gov/home_html.cfm
    C.I.A. www.cia.gov
    If YOU don’t act, NOTHING Happens!
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Here in NYC ICE doesn't "take phone calls". So I've been writing letters for the past couple of years. And I've found that CCing each agency, and being VERY clear about that CC, seems to be the most effective strategy.

I would also ad OSHA to your list. I always CC them as well.

e

It could very well happen now that US citizens who have chosen to avoid the issue of illegal immigration or have not wanted to bother with it will now start to voice there opposition. It is like I said. If you are not directly involved or see the consequences of illegal immigration, you are not like to defend our constitution. Lets see what happens now when they find they can't get a job because Jose has it.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by edstate
    Here in NYC ICE doesn't "take phone calls". So I've been writing letters for the past couple of years. And I've found that CCing each agency, and being VERY clear about that CC, seems to be the most effective strategy.

I would also ad OSHA to your list. I always CC them as well.

e
    OSHA is a good idea e!

..but really, have you actually called I.C.E.? I've called them on a fairly frequent basis and I've ALWAYS got through to LIVE person within 5 minutes, as recent as a few weeks ago. They have call centers all over the USA..!
    No need for &lsquo;mass roundups&rsquo;, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

I have called ICE and each time (3x) they were extremely rude and wouldn't even speak to me without concrete proof. You have to call the main washington number because the local offices take their cases (and calls) only from the main washington office.

If you have a suspicion or concern they don't want to know about it. If someone would have tried to report the 911 bombers, ICE wouldn't have even talked to them. Plus, once they record your phone number they discount everything you have to say by asking 'have you called before'?

They don't want to talk to American citizens, only law enforcement. Sorry to say.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Yes, I've called ICE. They refer me to the NYC "field office" who, when I call, curtly respond: "we don't take phone tips, you have to send us a letter in the mail".

e

My tactic:

I have a traveling notebook. In it contains dividers for my U.S. Congressional Representatives, the local ICE office and other pertinent local politicians (Mayor, Governor, etc.) .

If I us US Mail, I always send items Certified, return receipt requested (gotta watch the cost on this one ).

My best tactic is to carry this notebook, along with whatever correspondence or information I have to offer, with me and asking whomever accepts the materials from me to please sign and date (just as they'd have to do on the USPS return receipt). I monitor the situation and if nothing is being taken, then I get on the band wagon and start making phone calls. As I've said before, the local U.S. Congressional offices KNOW ME WELL You see that in their look whenever I walk through the door.

If I talk to someone in the DC office and they say they don't know anything, I can get out my notebook and verbatim say "so & so received this information for ___________ on this date _________." Not that it's done a whole lot with the illegal alien huggers who represent the state BUT it helps as I'm working to expose how they are catering to illegals and not protecting our interests. I am angry how Johnson voted for the SS act and I'm doing everything possible to make it haunt him.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

We don't eat out much at all. In fact, the last time we went to breakfast one of our regular waitresses said that it has been real slow.

I don't like eating out much anymore because of the diseases I see on Discovery channel and how they find some are coming from third world immigrants legal and illegal who do not know about good hygiene. If it hurts business, so be it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast