Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I can't seem to make sense of this.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by SamLowrey
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    this amendment vote was to take the amnesty stuff out of the bill.
    they vote to keep it in the bll
    Very narrowly. If these same ones vote against the bill (and since they are all saying "no" to amnesty" they *should*) then the bill won't pass if I understand it (don't they need 60 votes?)

No, 66 voted to keep the Amnesty. Also a few could support this bill for the guest workers. We will see.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    well if you all think your sen.'s have betrayed you .... my sen not only pooped on illinois but is running for head traitor... i mean president.
    Good ole Illinois.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

April
    Colorado
    Aye CO Allard, Wayne [R]
    Nay CO Salazar, Ken [D]

As usual Salazar, satans spawn, voted pro illegal. and Allard as usual came through for Americans. Salazar is a Traitor with a capital T and even though I know it probably does not good I have faxed and called him alot letting him know what I think of him representing illegals and not the American people !

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    Colorado
    Aye CO Allard, Wayne [R]
    Nay CO Salazar, Ken [D]

As usual Salazar, satans spawn, voted pro illegal. and Allard as usual came through for Americans. Salazar is a Traitor with a capital T and even though I know it probably does not good I have faxed and called him alot letting him know what I think of him representing illegals and not the American people !
    I have emailed Salazar and called his office until I am blue in the face...but of course our words fall upon deaf ears! He sends me his newsletter every month. I responded back and told him not to bother to send me another thing!!!!! He does not listen to Amerians...nor am I listening to him!!!! He isn't worthy to hold office!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I see Cornyn and Hutchison stabbed us in the back. Neither of them gets my vote next time around.

Even Mary Landrieu voted AYE! (Vitter used to be my Congress critter when I lived in La.---he's a good guy, for the most part!)

Quote Originally Posted by tvlgds
    Well, I see Cornyn and Hutchison stabbed us in the back. Neither of them gets my vote next time around.

Even Mary Landrieu voted AYE! (Vitter used to be my Congress critter when I lived in La.---he's a good guy, for the most part!)
    The TX Senators voted no on cloture, though. What does this mean?

What office would you be able to catch Hutchison and Cornyn in this next week. They have so many. Does anyone know what city they reside in?
    I wonder if they are going to hold a town meeting? Should ask tomorrow, tell them alot of people want to attend.
    Bush "We will have the most educated american people of America"
    BRILLIANT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamLowrey
    Quote Originally Posted by tvlgds

The TX Senators voted no on cloture, though. What does this mean?
    I think they waited to make sure it was going to pass without their vote and then voted no. I don't trust them.
    Bush "We will have the most educated american people of America"
    BRILLIANT!!!

I'm going to jump in here and add just a bit to the details and explanation.

I've been pretty much tuned into CSpan(2) the last few days monitoring the deliberations in the Senate non-stop. I finally was wearing down today, and had to take more time away - so my participation is somewhat lagging...but, anyway..

I think jamesw62 characterization is the most accurate - it appears as though the intent of the bill was to 'remove' the [nearly automatic] provision of the new 'Z' visas to IAs. This, in effect, would basically mean that IAs that remained here without a visa, would then be here in some non-status or illegal status (that's where things to me are a little fuzzy). Nonetheless, the net result is that without a LEGAL basis for staying here, an IA would remain just that - still illegal.

So, by voting this down [the final vote was something like 29 (for)-66 (against)] the senate wouldn't go for separating out or disallowing the provision of legal status [to IAs].

Even though this amendment (Vitter Amend.) wasn't approved (this one would be one of the more longshot of the amendments offered thus far...), the vote is still very useful - especially to us. This is because it helps to indicate certain senators positions on 'areas' of the legislation that can help us custom tailor our efforts. As an example, there is a record of about 8-9 votes on amendments in the last few days, and that in itself, is beginning to indicate who are the 'good guys', who are the 'bad guys' who are the ones still meandering in the middle, as well as, those leaning to one side or another. By understanding the positions of certain groups of senators, we can then 'customize' our communications with each senator in a way to maximize our overall impact - and...turn up the heat yet another notch!

IA = Illegal Alien
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast