Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Spudmom, I saw the raids and was glad things are starting to pop down there. I am working with one of our state senators, John Goedde. He's trying to come up with an enforcement plan for Idaho for when they go back into session in January. I have been emailing him and talking to him on the phone. Hopefully our state congress can get a handle on this problem before it becomes a huge problem for Idaho.
    TB, I hope you guys are successful because if you are, I'm packing up and moving north to your state! Don't worry, I have papers and am a citizen! (I had to throw that in there!)

We seem to get the same rhetoric from hatch, matheson, and bennett regarding illegal immigration. Somehow they think Utah's economy will fall if we don't have the cheap illegal labor.
    Pathetic!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Come on up, Sippy. Illegals cannot get a driver's license or register a car here, and even legal residents are denied unless they are U. S. Citizens. Just this year we passed a bill denying benefits to illegal aliens and another one that declares English the official language. We're on a roll.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Speaking of that tinybob, last week while at the Baskin Robbins, 2 families were conversing in the parking lot near their cars (in spanish). I parked right next to them. They were there when we went in and when we left (1/2 hour maybe?). Now I am not fluent in spanish, but I do know enough to get the gist (sp?) of things. With 5 kids to tkae out/load up in the car, I did hear alot. I do not know if they were legal or not. On the way in, the one guy said how he wasn't able to get a job without papers like California. On the way out, the other man's wife said something to the effect of how her family will not come up here to live in their house. She also said her mother in law was headed back to Jalisco.
    I sent Governor Otter the Oklahoma HB 1804. Not sure if it will ever get to him, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Spudmom, I understand that all letters are read that go to our elected officials, at least read by a staffer. As to the people you were talking about, I have no doubt that we have illegal aliens here, but it is not as rosy for them to live here as it would be in other states. Up north here, contractors have to be bonded and it's alot harder to get away with illegal labor, although it still happens sometimes. If our state can get something together to enforce our immigration laws, I think we will put a stop to the illegal labor.
    But now is the time to fight, not after it's a real mess like California. Do you know id we have any Idaho groups fighting illegal immigration?

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Come on up, Sippy. Illegals cannot get a driver's license or register a car here, and even legal residents are denied unless they are U. S. Citizens. Just this year we passed a bill denying benefits to illegal aliens and another one that declares English the official language. We're on a roll.
    It would be a good move. ID is a beautiful state. I have fished all my life and I still think fishing is better in ID that it is in UT.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I said you could come up, Sippy, but I didn't say you could yank all my fish out of the lakes. Joking. It's been so long since I've been fishing. My husband goes with his Dad sometimes. I just have not had time. Fighting the illegals, you know.

I said you could come up, Sippy, but I didn't say you could yank all my fish out of the lakes. Joking. It's been so long since I've been fishing. My husband goes with his Dad sometimes. I just have not had time. Fighting the illegals, you know.
    Same here TB. I haven't fished in about 5 years.

I will vote for Risch also. Larry "The lying pervert" Craig should resign either that or the Senate Ethics Committee should remove him from office.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

Craig is going to stay in long enough to vote on the AgJobs Bill because I really think he owes big business some unpaid favors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12