Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions

When I was young, I worked as a security guard. One Friday night, my co-workers and I were given the task of guarding a high school football game. I was told by my sergeant to stop anyone from coming over the wall that surrounded the school grounds. After the ticket stand closed, I thought no harm would be done if I allowed some of the poor kids to come in over the wall and sit down to watch the game. Big mistake! Instead of watching the game, the kids attacked the guest team's band during half-time. The band members were forced from the field because they were pelted by hard seed pods. I felt terrible because I realized my decision had led to the dire situation. I attempted to enforce the school's no-alcohol policy and a riot almost broke out. I had to back down in order to prevent the kids from being hurt in a potential melee. After the game, the visiting team's bus left the school campus and it was pelted with rocks, bottles, chunks of concrete, and whatever else could be picked up off the ground. I was ashamed of myself. But, ironically, my co-workers heaped praises upon me because they thought I had prevented a disastrous riot from breaking out. I never told them, or my sergeant, that I was the principal cause of the crowd getting out of control. My liberal way of thinking came to an abrupt end that night.

Many liberals have good intentions but they don't foresee the consequences of their decisions. If America doesn't get a handle on its illegal immigrant population then we might have to deal with riots like the ones that burned across France a few months ago.

You are so right....the powder keg is already in place, the fuse all but lit. How long before one of these illegal alien marches for Amnesty turns REALLY UGLY when those here legally suddenly decide they have had enough and start doing the freak on these folks.

There's a event in I think San Diego this weekend for those opposed to Amnesty...imagine if you will 25,000 of our side showing up for this event and illegals suddenly decide to have a counter protest there at the same time and things get out of hand and suddenly you have 50,000 people in a street fight...the news reports alone would start seeing flash points up and down the California Coast, the fire would spread, and all hell will break lose.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.