Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Romney attacks Obama for neglecting immigration issue

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Romney attacks Obama for neglecting immigration issue

Romney attacks Obama for neglecting immigration issue

June 18, 2012 9:22 PM

(CBS News) DAVENPORT, Iowa - Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney went on the offensive Monday on immigration, charging that President Obama broke a campaign promise by neglecting it for most of his presidency.

Raising the issue on the stump for the first time since Obama's executive action Friday to let some undocumented young immigrants stay in the United States and work, Romney said Obama "said one thing and he's done a very different one," Romney told more than 400 people who turned out to hear him at Le Claire Park & Bandshell.

"He said, for instance, to the question of illegal immigration, that he was going to deal with immigration -- his first year he was going to focus on that," Romney said. "Did he do anything on immigration when he had a Democratic House and Senate? No. This is a president who has said one thing and done another."

Democrats and the White House tried to pass the DREAM Act offering a path to citizenship for certain young illegal immigrants, but it was blocked in the Senate in late 2010. Obama has negotiated with Republicans in Congress, notably House Speaker John Boehner, on ways to reduce the deficit, but the two sides were unable to reach a compromise.

Romney has not said what he would do to deal with the children of illegal immigrants and he has not said if he would repeal the president's action. In an interview with the Des Moines Register on Monday, Romney said his staff has been working with Senator Marco Rubio, R-Fla., on immigration reform.

Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, praised Republican governors in states like Iowa, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Indiana and Ohio for "making tough choices" that have helped their states recover from the recession.

"Then there are some other places. Like California. Not doing so well. They have taken a very different course," he said of the state led by Democrat Jerry Brown. "Unfortunately, we have a president who has taken us on the course of California and Europe."

Romney showed a lighter side during a post-rally chat with the media on his charter plane. "What's the best piece of advice on those rope lines?" asked NBC's Peter Alexander. "Stop trying to be like yourself. Be someone else. Just don't be you," Romney said, to laughter, before adding, "I'm just kidding."

Romney attacks Obama for neglecting immigration issue - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Poll: Do You Agree With President Obama's Immigration Policy?

President Obama's immigration policy will allow young immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally to seek work permits.

June 18, 2012

Poll: Do You Agree With President Obama's Immigration Policy? - Highland Park-Mount Washington, CA Patch
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Romney has not said what he would do to deal with the children of illegal immigrants and he has not said if he would repeal the president's action. In an interview with the Des Moines Register on Monday, Romney said his staff has been working with Senator Marco Rubio, R-Fla., on immigration reform.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAIL
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME View Post

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAIL

Wow, that pic is funny << snort>> not
    __________________________________________________ __________

Fail

See it doesn't matter what I post, you win. Have a nice day! Hope you and Obama have a wonderful life together!

Banned
    It just goes to show you. Anybody elses face mixed with Nixon would look homely. Romney still looks handsome!!! It is impossible to make my boy look ugly. Hes just too damn cute dammit!!!

Banned
    Patty, I believe they were going for a McCain-Romney look. No matter though.

What does matter to this Romney supporter is the fact that a Super Moderator would post such pictures.

The next time a funds or donations drive rolls around on this site, this picture will be embedded in my brain.

Remember, there are Romney supporters here that can decide to donate or not.

Alienating certain people is not a wise move.

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod View Post
    Patty, I believe they were going for a McCain-Romney look. No matter though.

What does matter to this Romney supporter is the fact that a Super Moderator would post such pictures.

The next time a funds or donations drive rolls around on this site, this picture will be embedded in my brain.

Remember, there are Romney supporters here that can decide to donate or not.

Alienating certain people is not a wise move.
    Very sorry to see you speak in such a divisive way. Everyone here needs to respect each others opinions including the opinions of volunteer moderators that often hang back from intense debates and work long hours on bull crap I can guarantee that none of you want to deal with.

There is entirely to much self destructive aggression on our boards of late.

If you are happy with Romney then fine. If you are unhappy with Romney's recent comments then fine. Just don't go at each others throats or threaten to disengage from the fight here at ALIPAC if you don't get your way.

All of you need to knock that off right now. You want to lose this fight, by all means spend your energy beating on each other and ALIPAC instead of the real enemy.

If Mitt Romney and Rubio are supporting amnesty then we have to oppose them.

I know that if Romney flip flops and supports amnesty that is going to be terrible blow to all of us that really wanted to have an election with an actual choice.

I think the picture Happy2BeMe posted is right on the money. We are looking at a very real possibility of being trapped in the Obama McCain trap again and if that is where we are at then the sooner we know and the sooner we all accept that reality the better.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    See it doesn't matter what I post, you win. Have a nice day! Hope you and Obama have a wonderful life together!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is about Mitt Romney's omission and failing to directly attack Obama's amnesty. All eyes are on Mitt Romney, and each minute that passes that he fails to show his true colors and begins calling this for what it is, instead of dodging whether or not he will rescind Obama's amnesty if he is elected causes him to lose tremendous support from his base.

Anyone expecting, or claiming that this is NOT Mitt Romney's fight is either incredibly naive or hasn't been paying attention for the past twelve years.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME View Post
    Anyone expecting, or claiming that this is NOT Mitt Romney's fight is either incredibly naive or hasn't been paying attention for the past twelve years.
    This isn't Romney's fight, this is my "Fight" Romney has a job, and I'm using him to finish the fight!
    Trust me La Raza and Fox News "Latino" bash on him as much as you do! That's good enough for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast