Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    This is a repeat of the same sort of behavior of CNN they cut Romney off before permitting him to give the full statement. He continues by saying that they would be sent back and placed in a disadvantaged position as compared with legal immigrants. The positions in which he veers from your ideal are granting automatic green cards to foreign students if they get a degree from American graduate schools and permitting the average illegal alien longer than 90 days above ground outside detention if they voluntarily register themselves with ICE.

It's quite obvious all our hard work here has made a big difference!
    But hey! if you honestly think Paul can beat Odrama, I'll back you to the very gates of hell it's self, America better figure it out and start helping get the job done!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFarmer
    This is a repeat of the same sort of behavior of CNN they cut Romney off before permitting him to give the full statement. He continues by saying that they would be sent back and placed in a disadvantaged position as compared with legal immigrants. The positions in which he veers from your ideal are granting automatic green cards to foreign students if they get a degree from American graduate schools and permitting the average illegal alien longer than 90 days above ground outside detention if they voluntarily register themselves with ICE.
    You are exactly correct. Romney has not flip flopped on this Issue. An exerpt and the entire transcript follows:

RUSSERT: Immigration, an issue that is very important in this country and to the Republican primary voters. The Boston Globe interviewed you two years ago, and there's a tape of that conversation where you expressed support for the policies of George Bush and John McCain on immigration. Let's watch and listen.

(Audiotape)

ROMNEY: I think an amnesty program is what, which is all the illegal immigrants who are here are now citizens,

Unidentified Man: Mm-hmm.

ROMNEY: ...and a walk up and get your citizenship. What the president has proposed,

Man: Mm-hmm.

ROMNEY: ...and, and what Senator McCain and Cornyn have proposed, are, are quite different than that.

ROMNEY: They require people signing up for a, a, well, registering and receiving, if you will, a number, a registration number, then working here for six years and paying taxes...

ROMNEY: ...not taking benefits--health, Medicaid, food stamps, and so forth--not taking benefits, and then at the end of that period, registering to become a citizen or applying to become a citizen and paying a fee. And, and those are things that are being, being considered, and I, I think that that's--that those are reasonable proposals.

(End audiotape)

RUSSERT: Reasonable proposals.

ROMNEY: Hm.

RUSSERT: The Lowell Sun, your home--one of your hometown, state home papers, said this. "Governor Mitt Romney expressed support for an immigration program that places large numbers of illegal residents on the path toward citizenship.

"'I don't believe in rounding up 11 million people and forcing them at gunpoint from our country. With these 11 million people, let's have them registered, know who they are. Those who've been arrested or convicted of crimes shouldn't be here; those that are paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process towards application for citizenship, as they would from their home country.'"

This is George Bush and John McCain.

ROMNEY: Now let's, now let's look at those very carefully, OK, and you're, you're a careful reader. In the interview with The Boston Globe, I described all three programs that were out there, described what they were, acknowledged that they were not technically an amnesty program, but I indicated in that same interview that I had not formulated my own proposal and that I was endorsing none of those three programs. I did not support any of them. I called them reasonable. They are reasonable efforts to, to look at the problem. But I said I did not support--and I said specifically in that interview I have not formulated my own policy and have not determined which I would support. And, of course, the Cornyn proposal required all of the immigrants to go home. The McCain proposal required most of them to go home, but let some stay. And the Bush proposal I, frankly, don't recall in that much detail. But they had very different proposals. My own view is consistent with what you saw in the Lowell Sun, that those people who had come here illegally and are in this country--the 12 million or so that are here illegally--should be able to stay sign up for permanent residency or citizenship, but they should not be given a special pathway, a special guarantee that all of them get to say here for the rest of their lives merely by virtue of having come here illegally. And that, I think, is the great flaw in the final bill that came forward from the Senate.

RUSSERT: But they shouldn't have to go home?

ROMNEY: Well, whether they go home--they should go home eventually. There's a set per--in my view they should be--they should have a set period during which period they, they sign up for application for permanent residency or, or for citizenship. But there's a set period where upon they should return home. And if they've been approved for citizenship or for a permanent residency, well, thy would be a different matter. But for the great majority, they'll be going home.

RUSSERT: The children they had born here are U.S. citizens, so do the children stay here and the parents go home?

ROMNEY: Well, that's a choice, of course, the parents would, would make. But my view is that those 12 million who've come here illegally should be given the opportunity to sign up to stay here, but they should not be given any advantage in becoming a permanent resident or citizen by virtue of simply coming here illegally. And likewise, if they've brought a child to this country or they've had a child in this country, that's, that's wonderful that they're growing their families, but that doesn't mean that they all get to stay here indefinitely. We're fundamentally a nation of laws. And let me underscore something here that I think's awfully important, because this immigration debate can sound anti-immigrant to a lot of people. It's not intended to be that by myself or, I believe, by the vast majority of others that talk about it. We value legal immigration. We welcome people coming here with different cultures and skill and education, but we are a nation of laws. And our freedoms and our liberty are associated with following the law. We have to secure our border, we have to make sure there's an employment verification system to identify who's here legally and who's not. And then for the 12 million who've come here, welcome them to get in line with everybody else, but no special pathway.

RUSSERT: Your views have been complicated by your own situation. This was The Boston Globe back in December of '06. "As Governor Mitt Romney explores a presidential bid, he has grown outspoken in his criticism of illegal immigration. But, for a decade, the governor has used a landscaping company that relies heavily on workers like these, illegal Guatemalan immigrants, to maintain the ground surrounding his pink Colonial house." That was a year ago. A year later, The Boston Globe came back and the same company and illegal immigrants doing the same work. Did you report that company to authorities saying--a year ago--saying they're using illegal immigrants?

ROMNEY: Oh, it was, it was on the front page of The Boston Globe; a reporting was not necessary. But I have to clear up the most egregious error in that article. It said my house is pink. I would not have a pink house, I assure you. In an effort to--let me, let me describe the circumstance. And that is the very issue I just mentioned, which is we need an employment verification system in this country. I hire a landscaper to take care of my leaves and, and mow the lawn, and, and the landscaping company hires people to work for them. We're certainly not going to have an America where a homeowner is expected or even thought of going out and saying, "Gosh, I see some workers here who have an accent. I want them to bring papers so I can inspect them." As a matter of fact, I think that's against the law in this country. And so, in this case, the, the landscaper, or the contractor has a responsibility to ensure that their workers are legal.

So after the first story came out, I met with the--excuse me, my son met with the landscaper and sat down with him and said, "Look, you're a good person, and you're a friend, and--but we can't possibly have someone working at my dad's house that's not a legal alien, and so you have to be absolutely certain anybody working here is legal." And he assured us that he, he would do just that. And he failed in that effort. He, according to the paper, he tried, he got documents, apparently, from all the people who, who he had work at our property. Apparently one or two of them had falsified their documents. That's the very reason why we so desperately need in this country an employment verification system, so that an employer who's hiring people can know who's here legally or illegally. If we don't have that, what it's going to say to an employer is, you better not hire someone that has any accent because if you do, it's possible

Read more at the American Presidency Project: Mitt Romney: Interview with Tim Russert on NBC News' "Meet the Press" http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index ... z1eg3pIwVT

Banned
    The mainstream news media knows that ROMNEY has the best chance to beat Obama In a head to head match up. CNN and other media outlets have already shown that they will deceive the American Public to drive their left wing agendas,don't let them fool you again In 2012 TS

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    The mainstream news media knows that ROMNEY has the best chance to beat Obama In a head to head match up. CNN and other media outlets have already shown that they will deceive the American Public to drive their left wing agendas,don't let them fool you again In 2012 TS
    I don't believe that for one second. Even the White House is promoting Romney to be the nominee, saying they fear him the most; lmao... why would they say that unless he is the exact candidate they want to run against.

If Romney gets the nomination, 20% of the gop will stay at home. And Romney has a terrible history of flip flopping and lying. I really don't see any difference between Romney and Obama; so why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    If Romney gets the nomination, 20% of the gop will stay at home. And Romney has a terrible history of flip flopping and lying. I really don't see any difference between Romney and Obama; so why bother.
    I don't come on here and diss on Paul, and to be quite honest he's worse then a flip, flopper, he's a "Do nothing!" and all you have to do is look around you to see that!

When Romney was Gov. of Mass. he vetoed instate tuition for illegals, gave police the power to ask immigration status of people suspected of being here illegally, and is standing up to and behind his stance on illegals!

Like I said a lot has changed in the past 4yrs. illegals have doubled in size and they have bankrupted our economy, so you and the 20% go ahead and stay home because we don't need you anyway, We have millions of "Americans" to replace you!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    I don't believe that for one second. Even the White House is promoting Romney to be the nominee, saying they fear him the most; lmao... why would they say that unless he is the exact candidate they want to run against.

If Romney gets the nomination, 20% of the gop will stay at home. And Romney has a terrible history of flip flopping and lying. I really don't see any difference between Romney and Obama; so why bother.[/quo

I just think that they are realists ...

Obama Losing to Romney in New Hampshire Poll Revealing Pessimism

Nov. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Driven down by economic forces, President Barack Obama is running poorly in New Hampshire, a state he carried in 2008 and one that has been a swing state in recent presidential elections.

Obama trails Republican Mitt Romney among likely general election voters in the state by 10 percentage points in a hypothetical contest amid voter discontent with the president’s job performance and the economy, according to a Bloomberg News poll conducted Nov. 10-11. Obama carried New Hampshire by 54 percent to 45 percent in 2008.

Independent voters in the state, the site of the nation’s first presidential primary, have swung even more strongly against Obama. Romney would win independents there by 15 percentage points, the poll shows.

Obama has been a “lacklusterâ€

Banned

You are exactly correct. Romney has not flip flopped on this Issue.

Romney is the only choice now. He is even starting to look Presidential as the debates continue.

No disrespect to Paul followers, but he is no way electable.
    He is too old. We need a President that exudes strength. The sissy-fied occupier in the Whitehouse now has degraded the United States into weak status among other nations. This has to change and will not happen with Paul.

I will NEVER understand the almost cult following paul has. His fans will follow him over the cliff even after his deplorable stand on illegal immigration came out. I see them comment on news boards, forums, ect, and am amazed at how some of them sound like obama followers.

What great things has Ron Paul really done for this country? I really want to know. I never see anything about his achievements for the many, many years he has been in public service. All I hear about is his radical, yes radical ideas he has for our country. I feel he is another obama, just on the opposite side of the pendulum.

No offense but sometimes I feel he is not all there. He would never get my vote and those that sing his praises constantly are not looking out for our countries best interest. He can not win. People who back Paul need to wake up, and very soon.

My heavens, how in the world can you be against illegal immigration but in the same breath talk about how great Ron Paul is? It astounds me.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. Why on earth will the sheeple trade one United Nations owned and controlled "politician" such as Obama for another United Nations owned and controlled "politician" named Romney.

Point out the differences in the two.... realistically !!!!! What are the differences in Obama and Romney ? Why trade one maggot for another? They are both maggots in the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast