Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brokered convention...

Ron Paul 's only chance is a brokered convention. His aim is to collect delegates. Huckabee was willing to give 3 to him..which gave him 10%. I see nothing wrong with it. His supporters donate money and work hard for him..he feels as though he owes a debt to us to do his best to WIN. That is integrity. He is doing it for us. If Mitt Romeny would have offered, I'm sure he would have done the same thing. It looks like now Mitt Romney has thrown any chance of a brokered convention..which will guarantee McCain. Don't be mad at Ron Paul. Mitt would have really had a chance to pull it off at a brokered convention...I have no idea why he didn't go for it.

IMO, I think it is EXTREMELY important for Conservatives to UNITE and say NO, Absolutely NO to MCCain. Let the GOP know they haven't a chance in hell to win without conservatives.

And then let True Conservatives put up a VIABLE third party candidate who COULD win against the Dems -- A candidate for whom it would be totally evident that ALL conservatives could support -- you could then possibly get a backlash where the McCain vote could be siphoned off to win against Hillary or Obama. Make it clear to them that they haven't a snowball's chance in hell to win without the conservative vote.

MAKE them realize -- they need US more than they need McCain to win the White House.

So far, however, conservatives have been unable to unite . ..and that is where the true problem lies, IMO.

To all of those saying that what paul did was horrible, you must have severe memory lapse:

1. You never would of voted for Paul no matter what. Most likely because you are MOD EDIT.

2. ROMNEY, MCCAIN and HUCKABEE, ALL TEAMED UP in Louisiana to prevent Paul from getting first place. This was BEFORE WV.

3. Paul is hoping for a brokered convention so this WAS the right move for their campaign.

Paul only had 6 delegates when he arrived in WV. So, he is willing to sell out his principles, supporters and country for 3 delegates----when he had no chance of winning----and he KNEW that!!!

Well his country sold him out at the beginning of the election. He has been all but blacklisted and censored by the news media; yet, he keeps on trying. He knows he has no chance of winning, but he does want to keep his message out there and force the other candidates to respond. And truthfully, he is the only true Reagan conservative running. In-fact, when RR ran for President he had the support of only 4 Congressmen and Paul was one of them. Now ALL these phony balogne's talk about RR as though they were the best of friends, and of course my friends, I was a foot soldier...

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    It will be too late by 2012. America will probably have a different name, different currency, and will be a union with 3 or more different RULERS, not presidents.
    Not if we get conservative Republicans back in control of Congress.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    OK...rally around Ron Paul.
    Not a chance here

After he pulled that little deal with Huck the other day I could
    never support him in a million years
    Nope never he should have pulled out a long time ago and brokered with Romney especially on the immigration issue. I've lost any respect I had for Paul.
    I understand your position, but Paul is not going to support anybody who wants to continue the empire building in Iraq or anybody who wants to use a first strike nuclear option in Iran. If you want to go after Bin Laden, Paul's your guy, but just about all other aggressive and unprovoked military operations are counter to Pauls' philosophy.

I do not agree with every plank in Paul's platform, but I absolutely trust him to be the man who does not cave and support a pro-war, more spending candidate, especially in the name of a single issue.

Immigration is about the only thing they did have in common, I think.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Paul only had 6 delegates when he arrived in WV. So, he is willing to sell out his principles, supporters and country for 3 delegates----when he had no chance of winning----and he KNEW that!!!

Well his country sold him out at the beginning of the election. He has been all but blacklisted and censored by the news media; yet, he keeps on trying. He knows he has no chance of winning, but he does want to keep his message out there and force the other candidates to respond. And truthfully, he is the only true Reagan conservative running. In-fact, when RR ran for President he had the support of only 4 Congressmen and Paul was one of them. Now ALL these phony balogne's talk about RR as though they were the best of friends, and of course my friends, I was a foot soldier...
    Everyone can do what they want. I will NEVER vote for Ron Paul or any of the others.

I will just not vote.

There are now a large number of people who feel the exact same way about Paul----even some who once supported him!!

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I think for us , election politics are now dead

I guess we go back to full time fighting illegal immigration
    I think this is absolutely true. Oh well, Bush was pro-illegal and he was stopped. If we did it before we can do it again, right?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Let's just wait and see who Romney throws his support behind, the we will find out the true character of the man.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne

Everyone can do what they want. I will NEVER vote for Ron Paul or any of the others.

I will just not vote.

There are now a large number of people who feel the exact same way about Paul----even some who once supported him!!
    I once supported him and would have fallen line to support him now
    if it wasn't for his sneaky pandering to Huck