Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmartin
    Let's just wait and see who Romney throws his support behind, the we will find out the true character of the man.
    I would guess that Romney will try to support party unity and will
    get behind Mc Cain ,

I wouldn't agree with it though

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I think for us , election politics are now dead

I guess we go back to full time fighting illegal immigration
    I think this is absolutely true. Oh well, Bush was pro-illegal and he was stopped. If we did it before we can do it again, right?
    ONLY if anti-illegal people keep control of congress and the senate!!!

Re: HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    OK, I admit I've been off the site for a few days, but I feel like I've missed at least a month!

Will somebody please explain to me WHAT on EARTH Ron Paul did in WV to stir so much hatred? I heard about McCain delegates switching to Huckster, but what did RP have to do with it?

Thanks in advance for your patience in answering my apparently dumb question!!
    Paul was eliminated in WV immediately. Therefore, he could have given his support to either Huckabee or Romney (who was winning, and Paul's 3 delegates would have given Romney the win). Instead, Paul supported and gave the delegates to Huckabee---letting him win WV.

This was done very early in the day on Tuesday, and the results of Huckabee's win in WV were broadcasted immediately all over TV and the radio. There were a lot of anti-illegal voters in the southern states who were probably going to vote for Romney----because it looked like Huckabee did not have a chance. However, when Paul assisted Huckabee with winning WV----it gave him the momentum to win at least 4 other southern states. Huckabee supporters had renewed hope again----and voted for him instead of Romney!!!!
    Romney's people messed this up, not Paul's.

Romney's people were offered a chance to negotiate for the Paul delegates, and they turned it down. Paul had to do what was best for Paul. That's how politics works. Paul negotiated for 3 Huckabee delegates. Getting 3 delegates, and a better chance at a brokered convention, was best for Paul.

I think HUckabee had the southern states already. The South usually votes South.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Quote Originally Posted by dmartin
    Let's just wait and see who Romney throws his support behind, the we will find out the true character of the man.
    I would guess that Romney will try to support party unity and will
    get behind Mc Cain ,

I wouldn't agree with it though
    I agree!!! If he does, he has no choice. He is trying to prevent the party from being destroyed.

However, being that he did not officially drop out-----I wonder if there is a chance that he would jump back in if Huckabee drops out???

OK, I admit I've been off the site for a few days, but I feel like I've missed at least a month!

Will somebody please explain to me WHAT on EARTH Ron Paul did in WV to stir so much hatred? I heard about McCain delegates switching to Huckster, but what did RP have to do with it?

Paul was eliminated in WV immediately. Therefore, he could have given his support to either Huckabee or Romney (who was winning, and Paul's 3 delegates would have given Romney the win). Instead, Paul supported and gave the delegates to Huckabee---letting him win WV.

This was done very early in the day on Tuesday, and the results of Huckabee's win in WV were broadcasted immediately all over TV and the radio. There were a lot of anti-illegal voters in the southern states who were probably going to vote for Romney----because it looked like Huckabee did not have a chance. However, when Paul assisted Huckabee with winning WV----it gave him the momentum to win at least 4 other southern states. Huckabee supporters had renewed hope again----and voted for him instead of Romney!!!!

Romney's people were offered a chance to negotiate for the Paul delegates, and they turned it down. Paul had to do what was best for Paul. That's how politics works. Paul negotiated for 3 Huckabee delegates. Getting 3 delegates, and a better chance at a brokered convention, was best for Paul.

I think HUckabee had the southern states already. The South usually votes South.
    Everyone will have their own opinions regarding this. I do not agree with you. I will not support or vote for Paul. Many people feel the same way. However, obviously everyone is free to do what they want.

After Tancredo dropped out I supported Romney because he hasn't been entrenched in Washington for decades like McCain.I'm really sorry to see Romney suspend his campaign as I feel that he would have really enforced our immigration laws and slowed illegal immigration.If McCain is the nominee I will vote for any Independent candidate,regardless of prior party affilation, that vows to enforce our immigration laws and secure our borders.

Everyone will have their own opinions regarding this. I do not agree with you. I will not support or vote for Paul. Many people feel the same way. However, obviously everyone is free to do what they want.
    Politics do leave some hard feelings. I am finding that out. But Paul never had any alliance with Romney. It isn't fair to say that Paul sold him out.

Listening to Romney mock and laugh at Paul - why would ROmney expect Paul delegates to be attracted to a man that openly ridicules their candidate of choice?

They were willing to negotiate - the Romney people chose not to.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I am either not going to vote, or I am going to write in Romney.

Romney's people were offered a chance to negotiate for the Paul delegates, and they turned it down.
    Are you sure about that? That doesn't make sense because Romney would have won if he had made a deal with RP's caucus goers. If you have a source, that might simmer down the tensions....

Agreed. Southerners usually don't like politicians who have an "accent". I also think that bigotry played a role as well. My Dad lived in Michigan when Romney's Dad was governor and he told me that Romney Senior's religion only became an issue (in many of the states Huckster won on Super Tuesday) after Romney's Dad decided to run for president.

This discussion reminds me of a Robin Williams joke: He was pulled over in the Deep South and the first thing the cop said was "Hmm, BMW. You jewish?".

Here's a delegate telling exactly how it went down. Note that the Paul campaign had nothing to do with it. The delegates themselves decided it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.p ... stcount=60

(Huck never mentioned it in the media, and there's a distinct chance the Paul supporters could get screwed in the deal. That's the context of the conversation.)