Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Here's a delegate telling exactly how it went down. Note that the Paul campaign had nothing to do with it. The delegates themselves decided it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.p ... stcount=60

(Huck never mentioned it in the media, and there's a distinct chance the Paul supporters could get screwed in the deal. That's the context of the conversation.)
    Everyone will come up with their own interpretation of what happened.

Personally, I feel that Ron Paul sold out his principles, supporters, and country when he helped Huckabee/McCain to win.

I will NEVER vote for him.

At first, I was not going to vote. Now, I have decided that I am going to write in Romney's name.

This is copied from someone who was there...from Ronpaul forum...

"We had three Huckabee National Convention delegates let us know in person that they would step down. We had no such personal contact from the Romney people and so we had some doubts that any of their delegates would volunteer to step down once Romney won. It was a very tough decision for the Ron Paul supporters. Speeches were made, rationals listed, and in the end, it was a unanimous vote by all the Ron Paul delegates at our meeting room."

So you can not blame the campaign or Ron Paul himself, the delegates made the decision, if you are so mad about it, be mad at them.

AND WEST VIRGINIA HAS NOT HAD THEIR PRIMARY

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Here's a delegate telling exactly how it went down. Note that the Paul campaign had nothing to do with it. The delegates themselves decided it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.p ... stcount=60

(Huck never mentioned it in the media, and there's a distinct chance the Paul supporters could get screwed in the deal. That's the context of the conversation.)
    Everyone will come up with their own interpretation of what happened.

Personally, I feel that Ron Paul sold out his principles, supporters, and country when he helped Huckabee/McCain to win.

At first, I was not going to vote. Now, I have decided that I am going to write in Romney's name.
    Did you read the link? Paul and Paul's campaign weren't even in on the decision. The delegates made the decision themselves.

They walked away with 3 delegates, and Romney walked away with none. That's politics.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

So is there anyway now that it could be possible to have a brokered convention?

Everyone can come to their own conclusion and do whatever they want.

Our ONLY hope has quit today.

However, I will NOT support Paul, Huckabee, or McCain.

I am going to write in Romney's name.

Quote Originally Posted by aklady
    If I understand correctly, it's almost mathematically impossible at this point in time. (If Romney had won California, this would be a whole different ball game.)

Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    Quote Originally Posted by aklady
    If I understand correctly, it's almost mathematically impossible at this point in time. (If Romney had won California, this would be a whole different ball game.)
    Here is what I wonder though.............

Being that Romney did not really quit--------If Huckabee would drop out tomorrow, could Romney jump back in??

Thanks to all for the explanations, I think I get the picture.

To Dolly3275--thanks for the info and welcome to ALIPAC!

I don't understand how you can say Ron Paul sold out! His supporters WANT him to be President. Most of us believe the US as a nation might not be around in 4 more years if he doesn't win. He had no alliance with Romney or Huckabee--this decision was made by Paul's delegates in the best interests of the Paul campaign, NOT to do what was best for Romney. Ron Paul is NOT responsible for people who chose NOT to vote for Romney.

I would never recommend to anyone not to vote. It is our right as US citizens to have a voice in how our nation is run, and while it may be a SMALL voice, it's still an important responsibility. As for writing in Romney, I say "Go for it!" I'll probably be writing in Ron Paul myself.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dolly,

I might be wrong, but it seems unlikely that Romney will jump back into the race. I fully expect Huckabee to drop out within a week or two, but from what I've been hearing it sounds like Romney is looking ahead and trying to figure out what his role will be in the Republican party. William Bennett said on CNN yesterday that he thinks Romney will stay in politics, and even mentioned he would make a very fine chairman of the Republican National Committee down the road. I think he has a bright future in politics, and that we'll be seeing him play a prominent role in some capacity. Take heart.

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    Thanks to all for the explanations, I think I get the picture.

To Dolly3275--thanks for the info and welcome to ALIPAC!

I don't understand how you can say Ron Paul sold out! His supporters WANT him to be President. Most of us believe the US as a nation might not be around in 4 more years if he doesn't win. He had no alliance with Romney or Huckabee--this decision was made by Paul's delegates in the best interests of the Paul campaign, NOT to do what was best for Romney. Ron Paul is NOT responsible for people who chose NOT to vote for Romney.

I would never recommend to anyone not to vote. It is our right as US citizens to have a voice in how our nation is run, and while it may be a SMALL voice, it's still an important responsibility. As for writing in Romney, I say "Go for it!" I'll probably be writing in Ron Paul myself.
    Thanks for the welcome!!

Hillary is going to win the election anyways. McCain does not have a chance of winning the election. Rove was on Fox the other day doing some breakdown----and even though it looks good for Obama now, it might not be in the future based on the states that are coming up and their delegate counts.

So, I will write in Romney's name-----and hope that we have strong anti-illegal candidates in both the senate and congress.