Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Romney releases yet another SPANISH language ad. Idiot!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Are you even listening to what you're saying?
    Are you even listening to what Luis is saying?

Exclusive: Luis Gutierrez on Obama's Deportations, Rubio's Dream Act, & Romney
    Published May 21, 2012 Fox News Latino

Exclusive: Luis Gutierrez on Obama's Deportations, Rubio's Dream Act, & Romney | Fox News Latino
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by southBronx View Post
    he is another guy I don't like he is just like Obama he don't care about us . I would Not vote for him at all
    IMHO, like it or not, Romney is our only choice.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    So Hispanic Americans speak only Spanish and understand a lick of English right? Are you even listening to what you're saying?
    The better question is, are you listening to what you're saying? At this point we have three choices ......... Obama, Romney, or not vote. Which will your choice be? I've seen Obama in action for 3 1/2 years and have had more than enough to convince me that he is not a choice!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    I know what I said and you still keep dodging the question, "Why shouldn't Romney campaign to American Hispanics?" It's not his fault your Spanish sucks so bad!

Here is your answer. I've never believed Hispanics SHOULDN'T be campaigned to, but Romney can campaign to Hispanics just fine with English language ads unless you believe American Hispanics do not speak, English which is frankly insulting to many of them.

So now I pose the question to you. Given that you're perfectly fine with Spanish ads, then you must be perfectly fine with companies advertising in both English and Spanish, Press 2 for Spanish, government forms translated to Spanish, stores with signs in Spanish, business transactions done in Spanish, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    The better question is, are you listening to what you're saying? At this point we have three choices ......... Obama, Romney, or not vote. Which will your choice be? I've seen Obama in action for 3 1/2 years and have had more than enough to convince me that he is not a choice!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama's VP pick will tell us what we need to know.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So now I pose the question to you. Given that you're perfectly fine with Spanish ads, then you must be perfectly fine with companies advertising in both English and Spanish, Press 2 for Spanish, government forms translated to Spanish, stores with signs in Spanish, business transactions done in Spanish, right?
    I'm not running for President, so there for don't need 30% of the "Latino" vote. Unlike your President.
    You can bash on Romney all you want,**MOD EDIT**
    Last edited by Newmexican; 05-24-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Oh roofer....we know whats going on here....
    Some things will never be good enough even if theres a chance they could get better.

Hispanic and Spanish are bad words to the ignorant because they are sheltered and don't understand the real environment we flex too and fight every damn day.

I had to change my thinking about this recently. Do I like it? Hell No!
    Do I understand it..Hell yes!

Does Romney speak Spanish? or is it an interpreter his campaign has hired to make Americans of Latin descent feel more comfortable with the party? With his message.

Any rational person knows Americans of European, or African descent do not watch Latin TV...But Americans of Latin descent do..Whether they speak little English or Spanish.

Thees no damn law in America about broadcasting any foreign language.

There are laws against entering our country illegally, working, hireing, or aiding and abeting illegal aliens.

But go after spanish ads if thats YOUR agenda...Yeah, thats really, really important........

Our innitiative for English only is for any public funded government agencies.. Does that make some happy ...No..
    We want protections that for buissnesses be not required by law( be able to be sued) for not providing anything but english... Happy?..I am.

One can make an issue out of cow dung if they want....Go ahead sit home..
    I'm voting for Romney, At least my votes against Obama and Illegal Immigration!

Keep up the imaginative work against Romney and improvements. Obama and the illegals are counting on It...

And you both will be losing in the end....We keep an eye on ya'all..LOL

Lucky for you...........IMO

Fight till we win roofer! And we WILL Brother.......
    Last edited by airdale; 05-23-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    I'm not running for President, so there for don't need 30% of the "Latino" vote. Unlike your President.
    You can bash on Romney all you want **MOD EDIT**
    My threads are getting plenty of views thank you very much, so the message is getting out there. **MOD EDIT**
    Last edited by Newmexican; 05-24-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Personal attacks - baiting see forum rules

My threads are getting plenty of views thank you very much, so the message is getting out there. **MOD EDIT**
    Romney begins to stir in fight for U.S. Hispanic votes

(Reuters) - Republican U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney is launching a push to appeal to Hispanic voters but has far to go to reverse a huge lead that President Barack Obama holds with this key voting bloc.
    At a speech set for Wednesday to a Latino small business group in Washington, Romney is expected to stress his view that a healthy U.S. economy is the main issue for Hispanics in the November 6 election, as it is with all Americans - and that he has the ability to improve it.

But whether this argument will be enough to peel away many Hispanics from Obama is unclear. The outcome of the election may be at stake, with Hispanics representing key voting blocs in several pivotal battleground states. Hispanics also represent the largest minority overall in the United States.
    Romney and his campaign aides are aware that the former Massachusetts governor has a problem when it comes to appealing to Hispanic voters after a bruising Republican primary battle that forced him to the right on illegal immigration.

"My only question is how well and how quickly are we getting the Hispanic effort going," said an informal Romney adviser, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "The campaign needs to get on the air (with ads) and send him into some Hispanic events. There's a lot of stuff that needs to get going."
    For Romney, the problems are legion when it comes to attracting Hispanics. His campaign is only beginning to stir.

He is just now out with his first Spanish-language television ad for the general election campaign, coming in after the Democratic incumbent has been on the airwaves in Colorado, Nevada and Florida since April 17, both on television and radio. The Obama team has already spent an estimated $1 million on Spanish-language ads.

Notably, Romney has yet to soften his position from his support during the primary campaign of "self-deportation" for illegal immigrants, which alienated Hispanics. Most illegal immigrants in the United States are Hispanics.

During a primary campaign in which he and his Republican rivals spoke toughly about illegal immigration, Romney made an issue out of a policy that a conservative rival, Texas Governor Rick Perry, put in place to allow children of illegal immigrants to gain financial aid for attending Texas colleges.
    While Romney scored points with conservatives for the attack, it contributed to a picture of the Republican Party as being out of touch with the concerns of Hispanic voters.

Since Romney all but sewed up the Republican presidential nomination, he has held few events aimed directly at Hispanic voters and has not yet made Hispanic outreach a prominent feature of his campaign, although aides say that is now changing.

RUBIO'S PLAN:

Romney has yet to embrace a proposal from a Republican backer, Florida Senator Marco Rubio, for an alternative to the proposed Dream Act supported by Democrats to grant a path to citizenship to law-abiding young people who as children were brought into the country as illegal immigrants.

Rubio's plan would grant visas to the children but not a direct path to citizenship. The broader Dream Act backed by Democrats has stalled in the U.S. Congress in the face of Republican opposition.
    Rubio, a Cuban-American, has been mentioned as a possible vice presidential running mate for Romney, and the two have campaigned together.

Romney is attempting to engage Hispanic voters by focusing on the weak U.S. economy in the belief that they - and everyone else - would benefit with greater U.S. job growth. His Wednesday speech to the Latino Coalition's annual economic summit is in line with his view that improved education for all would boost jobs and the overall economy.

But he has far to go to reverse what happened in the 2008 election, when Obama won the Hispanic vote 67 percent to 31 percent for his Republican opponent, Senator John McCain.
    A Pew Research poll found Romney thus far has even less support than McCain did among Hispanics, 27 percent.

"We all know what the answer is, and what the problem is," McCain told Fox News Latino. "It's the issue of immigration. And we have to treat it in a humane fashion."

The Obama campaign already has a well-worn path to Hispanic voters, sending regular bilingual emails to supporters, pointing them to a Spanish-language campaign website, and more.
    "We've been on the ground for a year now in all the states where the Hispanic community is important - Latino phone banks and canvassing, door knocking. We've been doing this for over a year," said an Obama campaign official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Hispanics represent potentially powerful voting blocs in several election battleground states, including Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and perhaps even Virginia and North Carolina, with their growing Hispanic populations.

Jennifer Korn, director of the advocacy group Hispanic Leadership Network, said Romney needs to build up a superb grassroots organization in Hispanic communities, and deploy Hispanic surrogates to these areas to speak on Romney's behalf.

"He himself needs to go into the community itself," Korn said.
    "I think we're going to see a ramp-up of all these things but it needs to be continuous and throughout the country. You can't just go to Florida. You have to go out to the Southwest. And he needs to talk about immigration in a way that doesn't turn off Hispanics. I think he'll need to focus more on what he's for and less on what he's against," Korn added.

Dave Carney, a Republican strategist who has frequently advised Perry, said the Texas governor has done well with Hispanics in his state by showing them respect, which he said would be good advice for Romney to follow.

"Romney reaching out to them and talking to them in ways that are respectful are things that will pay off in the long run," he said.

Romney begins to stir in fight for U.S. Hispanic votes | Reuters

By Steve Holland and Sam Youngman
    WASHINGTON | Tue May 22, 2012 7:49pm EDT
    Last edited by Newmexican; 05-24-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast