Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Romney silent as millions line up for amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    Googler we have seen Obama in action and we know there is absolutely no hope of him enforcing our Immigration Laws. With Romney at least we have hope. Hope at the least we will have a voice at the table. Read this article that I posted in News about a bill that is going through our California Government. It only needs our Senate Vote before being passed and sent to Jerry Brown for signature. Once passed it will need the presidents ok.

As a fellow Californian can you show me another way of saving our state? Do you feel safe that Obama won't approve and support this action if passed?
    No, Obama will surely approve the action. We've seen him time and time aide those undermining our laws all in the hopes of winning over votes for his re-election. Both Democrats and Republicans have destroyed my state of California. But you can't possibly tell me Romney is any better can you? I've been told countless times here that Romney does not want to rattle Hispanics and illegal alien supporters by taking a firm stance against the current amnesty. So when his President, why will he be any different when he's also thinking of his re-election prospects?

The "lesser of two evils" mentality is not working. Would you have told me the same thing about McCain and Bush? They were, according to many I imagine, the lesser of two evils right? And look what Bush gave us. Most Americans are unhappy with Obama and Romney. so I am not alone in this, and more and more people are beginning to open their eyes to the fact that neither Obama nor Romney are going to solve this nation's problems. Are we bound to make the same mistake over and over again for the foreseeable future? When does it stop?

The "lesser of two evils" mentality is not working. Would you have told me the same thing about McCain and Bush?
    Absolutely not. I was not for nor supported either one. But the difference between them and Obama is that at least we had a voice. I was here with ALIPAC fighting against illegal immigration. I was here shutting the phones down when they tried to pass CIR! But with Obama he didn't even give us a chance to be heard. He does what he wants without the representation of the American people. This post was not about a "lesser of two evils", this is not about pretend, this is about saving California for you and my grandchildren.

Banned
    Absolutely not. I was not for nor supported either one. But the difference between them and Obama is that at least we had a voice. I was here with ALIPAC fighting against illegal immigration. I was here shutting the phones down when they tried to pass CIR! But with Obama he didn't even give us a chance to be heard. He does what he wants without the representation of the American people. This post was not about a "lesser of two evils", this is not about pretend, this is about saving California for you and my grandchildren.
    Well looks like the only saving we'll be doing for our state is fighting off Romney's inevitable "long term solution" for the illegal children brought here "through no fault of their own". According to you, Romney is too scared to anger Hispanics and illegal alien supporters were he to take a strong stance, so why would he do anything else other than reward them OR simply not do anything about the illegal alien problem, essentially continuing to status quo. That way no side is too terribly upset with him 4 years from now when he's looking toward his re-election.

Both are Obama and Romney are going to doom this country for years to come unless we do something about it now.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Well looks like the only saving we'll be doing for our state is fighting off Romney's inevitable "long term solution" for the illegal children brought here "through no fault of their own". According to you, Romney is too scared to anger Hispanics and illegal alien supporters were he to take a strong stance, so why would he do anything else other than reward them OR simply not do anything about the illegal alien problem, essentially continuing to status quo. That way no side is too terribly upset with him 4 years from now when he's looking toward his re-election.

Both are Obama and Romney are going to doom this country for years to come unless we do something about it now.
    Time for some new material googler because you are, for the most part, repeating the same speculations.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

According to you, Romney is too scared to anger Hispanics and illegal alien supporters were he to take a strong stance, so why would he do anything else other than reward them OR simply not do anything about the illegal alien problem, essentially continuing to status quo. That way no side is too terribly upset with him 4 years from now when he's looking toward his re-election.
    I never said this. That was someone else's theory, not mine. I know you are not happy with Obama or Romney, that you want a third party. A party that is against illegal immigration, but supports your views on social issues. Were there such a party or candidate I would probably be in the same position you find yourself in. All I can tell you is that many of us here in California are feeling that we are finding ourselves in this mess because of the tolerance we have practiced. We were tolerant of all nationalities, and different social views. We thought we could live side by side and recieve mutual respect. Now we realize that all that we did was to make California a magnet to everyones rejects. Now we find people with different social views and immigrants from all over changing our state. Our young don't remember what a great state California was. This new norm is a nightmare to us that still remember and our tolerance has ran out.

Banned
    I never said this. That was someone else's theory, not mine. I know you are not happy with Obama or Romney, that you want a third party. A party that is against illegal immigration, but supports your views on social issues. Were there such a party or candidate I would probably be in the same position you find yourself in. All I can tell you is that many of us here in California are feeling that we are finding ourselves in this mess because of the tolerance we have practiced. We were tolerant of all nationalities, and different social views. We thought we could live side by side and recieve mutual respect. Now we realize that all that we did was to make California a magnet to everyones rejects. Now we find people with different social views and immigrants from all over changing our state. Our young don't remember what a great state California was. This new norm is a nightmare to us that still remember and our tolerance has ran out.
    Why? Is illegal immigration not something that trumps social issues for you? You'd be willing to pass up on a third party candidate strong on the single most important issue of our day simply because he, say, supports gay marriage or rejects creationism in school? Obama stated his support for gay marriage, and yet I will not vote for him. Why? Because at the end of the day, his stance on illegal immigration is horrible and that's what matters. This country cannot deal with decades of this mess. But make no mistake about it, this third party candidate, in order to win the youth vote, will need to have liberal social values. That's the direction this country is going in and if illegal immigration is important to you as you say it is then you'll vote for that person because it would be the only shot we'd have to finally do something about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Time for some new material googler because you are, for the most part, repeating the same speculations.
    Oh we'll see about that. I just read that Romney and Obama have agreed to appear at a Univision forum where people will get a chance to ask them questions. Will be extremely interesting to see how Romney responds to the inevitable question about the millions of children here illegally. I bet he'll have formulated his "long term solution" then...

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Why? Is illegal immigration not something that trumps social issues for you? You'd be willing to pass up on a third party candidate strong on the single most important issue of our day simply because he, say, supports gay marriage or rejects creationism in school? Obama stated his support for gay marriage, and yet I will not vote for him. Why? Because at the end of the day, his stance on illegal immigration is horrible and that's what matters. This country cannot deal with decades of this mess. But make no mistake about it, this third party candidate, in order to win the youth vote, will need to have liberal social values. That's the direction this country is going in and if illegal immigration is important to you as you say it is then you'll vote for that person because it would be the only shot we'd have to finally do something about it.
    Those with liberal social values are normally the ones that support illegal immigrants and open borders. Of course, before you say anything, I know there are always exceptions but I'm sure most accumulated data on the subject will back what I say.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Those with liberal social values are normally the ones that support illegal immigrants and open borders. Of course, before you say anything, I know there are always exceptions but I'm sure most accumulated data on the subject will back what I say.
    Not those that understand that allowing millions of socially conservative, religious, anti-gay marriage, people into this country will make the fight for more progressive social values harder. There are Republicans, Democrats, and Independents who are socially liberal AND want illegal immigration taken care of, so a candidate that can take this common sense stance will garner lots of support, it's not such a ludicrous idea in this time and age.

Anyways. Romney needs to take a firm stance on this matter Thursday at Univision's forum or things will not go well for him. As for Obama.... well there's not much to expect out of him at the forum.

Anyways. Romney needs to take a firm stance on this matter Thursday at Univision's forum or things will not go well for him. As for Obama.... well there's not much to expect out of him at the forum.
    Thank you for mentioning the Univision event googler. Personally, I don't keep up with Univision or Telemundo.

I am sure it will be interesting and we should watch for the date. Thursday is is the last day of the GOP convention and I believe Romney will be there for the evening.

Univision Plans Presidential Forum With Obama, Romney

By Andy Fixmer - Aug 23, 2012 11:00 PM CT

Univision Communications Inc., the biggest U.S. Spanish-language broadcaster, will host “Meet the Candidate” forums, with separate events for Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, after being shut out of the presidential debates.

The candidates will take questions from an audience, moderators and Facebook Inc. users, the New York-based company said yesterday in an e-mail. The network will translate questions and answers for the candidates and the viewers. The schedule will be announced later.

Obama and Romney agreed to participate after Univision Chief Executive Officer Randy Falco released an Aug. 15 letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates protesting rejection of its news anchors to be among this year’s moderators.

“These events speak to President Obama and Governor Romney recognizing the important role Hispanic America will play in the elections and in defining the future of our country,” Univision News President Isaac Lee said in the statement.

The two forums, in partnership with Facebook (FB), will be hosted by Univision News anchors Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas, closely held Univision said.

Univision was acquired in 2007 for $12.6 billion by Saban Capital Group Inc., Madison Dearborn Partners LLC, Providence Equity Partners Inc., TPG Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners LP.

PBS’s Jim Lehrer, CNN’s Candy Crowley and CBS’s Bob Schieffer will each host a presidential debate, according to the website for the Commission on Presidential Debates.

Martha Raddatz of ABC will moderate a debate between the vice presidential candidates.

Univision Plans Presidential Forum With Obama, Romney - Bloomberg
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast