Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Romny Endorsed by national mag

This I think is important

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Ym ... MzNjI=&p=1

"While he has not talked much about the importance of resisting ethnic balkanization — none of the major candidates has — he supports enforcing the immigration laws and opposes amnesty. Those are important steps in the right direction"

What you have to watch with Romney is that he did verbally support Bush's comprehensive immigration reform scam.

Some of these dough brains still believe comprehensive immigration reform is not amnesty.

So when he says he is against amnesty; that might possibly mean he supports the illegals paying a $2,500. fine for legalization. Remember McCain does not believe that is amnesty... McCain believes that is very harsh punishment, lolololol... That might be what Romney believes... no amnesty, but $2,500. to be made legal.

We need to pin these guys down and ask specifically "What do you plan to do with the 35 million criminal immigrants in this country today?"

That is the answer I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    What you have to watch with Romney is that he did verbally support Bush's comprehensive immigration reform scam.

Some of these dough brains still believe comprehensive immigration reform is not amnesty.

So when he says he is against amnesty; that might possibly mean he supports the illegals paying a $2,500. fine for legalization. Remember McCain does not believe that is amnesty... McCain believes that is very harsh punishment, lolololol... That might be what Romney believes... no amnesty, but $2,500. to be made legal.

We need to pin these guys down and ask specifically "What do you plan to do with the 35 million criminal immigrants in this country today?"

That is the answer I want.
    I never heard anything about him supporting Bush's comprehensive immigration reform plan.

During the debates----he specifically and publically said that he did not support this plan-----or rewarding illegals with amnesty in any way.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

No, Romney did not support the Bush/Kennedy amnesty bill, and does not support "pathways" (including fines etc.) for illegals. He supports enforcement of laws. Check his website.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BTW, great endorsement from the National Review. Remember, the National Review played a huge role in defeating the Bush/Kennedy amnesty bill this past summer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    A lot of mis information is being spread on Romney

He is being branded as a flip flopper ,

I only know of one issue where he has changed his position somewhat
    and it isn't immigration

I am going off his record on illegal immigration and it is consistent
    with enforcing the immigration laws.

LA Times Blogs
    Leading conservative magazine makes its pick

This may not have an immediate impact in Iowa, where Mike Huckabee has gotten hotter as the weather has gotten colder, but Mitt Romney rightfully will revel in an embrace today from a tried-and-true conservative voice: the National Review.

In its endorsement editorial, the magazine offers powerful phrasing that Romney's presidential campaign can -- and probably will -- use to rebut those on the right still disturbed by his conversion from liberal positions on several social issues. The editorial terms him "a full-spectrum conservative: a supporter of free-market economics and limited government, moral causes such as the right to life and the preservation of marriage, and a foreign policy based on the national interest."

As recently as last month, one of the magazine's best-known staffers, Kate O'Beirne, wrote a piece touting John McCain as well worth a "second look" from Republicans who have rebuffed him. And the endorsement editorial praises him as "a hero with a record that is far more good than bad."

But it zings him, as well as Fred Thompson, for running poor campaigns. Rudy Giuliani and Huckabee, meanwhile, are rejected because, the magazine opines, they would rend the conservative coalition "from opposite ends: Giuliani alienating the social conservatives, and Huckabee the economic (and foreign-policy) conservatives."

Romney, in other words, is the last viable Republican standing, in the view of the those now running the biweekly publication that William F. Buckley Jr. started in 1955.

-- Don Frederick

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... nserv.html

Did anyone else notice........That Sean Hannity seems to have turned a bit against Guliani??

He doesn't seem to promote him as much lately-------and has even been giving Romney a lot more positive support and air time???
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I haven't noticed that Bren, but hopefully that's the case. Hannity has been saying for months we want our borders secured etc. And every day it gets worse with Giuliani who openly supports: pathway amnesty for millions of illegals, a "virtual" fence, minimal interior enforcement, and yesterday on the Hugh Hewitt show, Giuliani implied that he would support in-state tuition for illegals in the future.

So Giuliani has been and would be terrible on illegal immigration, and we have to get the word out on him to talk radio and Republican primary voters.

What bother me about Romney is that I'm worried he will seek to give the military a blank check, like Reagan and GW Bush have. Don't get me wrong I'm all for a strong military, but this is an era when some illiterate raghead can make a device for $500 bucks and kill our soldiers. We've got to get more clever. I would like to see a conservative leader who is willing to try diplomacy first; if that fails a lethal military is approppriate.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast