Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Dixie, it is the Christian bashing that I am tired of. Whoever this site was set up by is Christian bashing, using the presidents claim to faith as a reason. They can bash Bush all they want, but they need to leave the Lord out of it. HE has nothing to do with Bush's shortfalls, those are Bush's alone.

If you look through the rest of the site and see, it all goes further too.
    I think this is a nation of many cultures and many people feel opressed by the overwhelming number of Christians.

I guess it may no longer be politically correct to accept that Christian priniciples represent the majority in America.

Next, Easter will be targeted.

God bless America and in God we trust! might turn into something like

America, in all our forces we trust

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well Dixie, you have your sweet southern charms to deal with people, I admire it. I am a typical northwesterner, and we not only say it like it is, we also don't hold back. Maybe it's all the rain we get here!!LOL

I once had a lady from church, who was from Dallas, she stood beside me and smiled, and said "it's snowin' down south". It was in May, and I was not sure what to think of her out of text comment, I wrinkled my forehead together, narrowed my eyes and asked her when did she hear this? She laughed, then whispered in my ear oh so quiet and nicely "honey, your slip is peekin' out".

In typical Northwest fashion, I looked down, and said out loud "oh, you should have just said so!!", and I politely adjusted my slip from the waist.

Everyone is so polite down there, up here, we're a little less delicate about those things, and also our opinions.

Remember Dixie, this is the same woman who got into a brawl with anarchists in downtown Portland over my papers they tried to grab from me. Some "sweet" Christian woman I am!!!LOL But...of course I did grow up with four older brothers.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth Wrote
    Well Dixie, you have your sweet southern charms to deal with people, I admire it.
    I was thinking the same thing. Dixie must have one of those cute Texas accents.
    I have suppliers in Planto and Dallas, Texas and also one in Atlanta, Georgia. Before I was able to order supplies on line, I had to call in my orders. I read my supply list off and then the girls would read it back.
    I just loved to listen to that sweet southern drawl.

AmericanElizabeth Wrote
    I am a typical northwesterner,
    By the way, did you get hit with that recent heavy storm up there?
    It sounds like everyone and everything is taking a beating.
    I saw a picture where a truck was parked in front a tree and the tree was uprooted by the storm and the roots of the tree lifted the front end of the truck about 6 feet.
    ------------------------

Not too far off topic I hope, but have you noticed since he was re-elected in large part due to the religious right Bush doesn't talk about his faith anymore.? If he were really a Christian could he say with a straight face that Islam is a great religion of peace? He is no better than clinton was when he would get in trouble he would grab a humongous bible and head for the nearest black church. Never mind the fact he had just been playing Groucho Marx with Monica.

steelerbabe, Thanks!!!!!!!!

andyt, I've noticed that about Bush too. Karl Rove, discovered that the majority of voters were from the Christian Right and his puppet did a little dance for them. It's either 2/3 or 3/4 of Americans have conservative values. I heard that on B. O'Reiley yesterday.

mkfarnam, I sound normal. I've been told my people around the country they like talking to me because of my accent. Mine it not too heavy either. The only time I had a problem was with an ass from England that didn't like the way I said Haden. He couldn't pronounce his own name and that's not my problem.

AmerLiz, Thanks, I try to be nice. You got the nail on the head. Texans are real nice, sweet and polite (southernish) on the surface but they would put the whup on you, if they have too. Talking nice, especially to other women is a survival technique in Texas.

I bet just as many fights between girls breakout in school, as fights between boys. I've seen more fights between women in public than I have men.

There is noting wrong with being Christian so Merry Christmas everyone!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, there must be something about you, there so many country songs written after you. like:
    * Chrismas in Dixie
    *You aint just a whistlin Dixie
    *If heaven aint alot like Dixie
    * Dixie on my mind
    *Dixieland Delight
    To name a few.
    ------------------------

MW
    mkfarnham wrote:

*Dixieland Delight
    Hmmm......interesting image, especially considering the nut-cracker avatars Dixie has been using lately.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe it`s her recipe,
    ------------------------

I'm glad I'm an endless source of entertainment.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, your recent avatar is a woman alright
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast