Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ron Paul announces White House bid

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I went back and re-read the thread, and it looks to me that Thomas Moore's generalization was taken a little personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMoore
    I always get a chuckle from myself when I see that. I imagine hordes of fat, lazy, and misguided "overworked" Democrats and Republicans sacrificing their McMansions, Expeditions, Explorers, Escalades, and Humvees, Grand Slam breakfasts, Nutri-System Lunch, and Lobster Bisque!
    I don't see any reference to you or any other individual, Crocket, and you must admit that the hordes he speaks of DO exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    In the event that I have misunderstood your intent and that you were being sarcastic rather than intending your rant to be taken at face value, then accept my apology for misconstruing your words.
    At this point I think that this...
    As usual---you missed the point, Dallas! Goes to show Texas is filled with non-thinkers and reactionaries LOL!~! (the place that gave us "W" will keep on giving non-sense---enjoy!)
    ...was entirely unnecessary and counterproductive, and THIS...
    Now get going and be an activist, not a whining armchair quarterback---go get 'em Jackson!
    ...to be insulting and childish.

If there's any more of it the thread will be locked and brought before the moderators for further action.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I went back and re-read the thread, and it looks to me that Thomas Moore's generalization was taken a little personally.
    I always get a chuckle from myself when I see that. I imagine hordes of fat, lazy, and misguided "overworked" Democrats and Republicans sacrificing their McMansions, Expeditions, Explorers, Escalades, and Humvees, Grand Slam breakfasts, Nutri-System Lunch, and Lobster Bisque!
    I don't see any reference to you or any other individual, Crocket, and you must admit that the hordes he speaks of DO exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    In the event that I have misunderstood your intent and that you were being sarcastic rather than intending your rant to be taken at face value, then accept my apology for misconstruing your words.
    At this point I think that this...
    As usual---you missed the point, Dallas! Goes to show Texas is filled with non-thinkers and reactionaries LOL!~! (the place that gave us "W" will keep on giving non-sense---enjoy!)
    ...was entirely unnecessary and counterproductive, and THIS...
    Now get going and be an activist, not a whining armchair quarterback---go get 'em Jackson!
    ...to be insulting and childish.

If there's any more of it the thread will be locked and brought before the moderators for further action.
    I never said that the original commentary (prior to the follow-up response) was directed at me or any other specific individual. It was, however, a grossly unfair attack on Americans at large that appeared to serve no purpose other than self-aggrandizement. Much of the verbiage of the rant was recognizable as typical rhetoric of the anti-American indoctrination mills, and it was that generic anti-Americanism with which I, as a patriotic American, took issue.

Banned
    I understand Crocket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12