Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul on immigration

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=516

Border Security and Immigration Reform
    The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

I like all of what he says, but what about the idea of enforcing the law against the employer. Very little is said about that. That is the pivot point in all of this. If we don't take away the jobs, nothing else will matter.

They came here to work, the freebies are an added incentive, but without the jobs, they won't stay just for the freebies. The criminals may stay. Those who wish to destroy us and are being paid by others may stay. When workers go home, then we can fully see those miscreants whose aim it is to harm and destroy. Right now, they get to hide behind the 'hardworking people'.

We need border security - for security sake - but it won't send one single illegal home.

The lack of honesty about the root cause of this concerns me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good point nntrixie. Do Tancredo or Hunter have positions on this aspect of the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I like all of what he says, but what about the idea of enforcing the law against the employer. Very little is said about that. That is the pivot point in all of this. If we don't take away the jobs, nothing else will matter.

They came here to work, the freebies are an added incentive, but without the jobs, they won't stay just for the freebies. The criminals may stay. Those who wish to destroy us and are being paid by others may stay. When workers go home, then we can fully see those miscreants whose aim it is to harm and destroy. Right now, they get to hide behind the 'hardworking people'.

We need border security - for security sake - but it won't send one single illegal home.

The lack of honesty about the root cause of this concerns me.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I don't know how any of them stand right now on that, and am open to any of the three.

Truly, I am partial to TAncredo just because I think he had the courage to step out first and take on the entire nation - including the WH on the issue.

Also, I confess, I have been reading, watching TV, for 30 years, and 'internetting' about illegal immigration for the 8 years I've had a 'puter, and I had never heard of Duncan Hunter. If I did, it wasn't anything to do with illegal immigration. That is someting that usually caught my eye since it was so not talked about for many years.

Still, before I vote, I will give all of them a looksee -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Also, I confess, I have been reading, watching TV, for 30 years, and 'internetting' about illegal immigration for the 8 years I've had a 'puter, and I had never heard of Duncan Hunter. If I did, it wasn't anything to do with illegal immigration. That is someting that usually caught my eye since it was so not talked about for many years.
    Are you saying Duncan Hunter is a johnny-come-lately?

Perhaps you need to check out this thread:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=76735

I'm not smearing one to promote the other, just thought you might enjoy learning more about Hunter.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

mw

Don't take it personally. Yes, he is - to me.

Perhaps he was outspoken in the past. I have just never, ever heard him make a speech, or come on TV, or read anything about him in connection with this.

Granted, that isn't facts - but since this is something I have paid pretty close attention to - and haven't seen him, or heard him, I wonder just how much has he spoken out.

As I said, I am willing to give all a looksee as time goes on -

MW
    I'd say Hunter's 21 year voting record proves he's far from a johnny-come-lately on the issue of illegal immigration and border security.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well I think we need to get behind one of these candidates and put him in the White House.

The upper tier in both the Republican and Democrat parties are already bought and paid for by big special interests group. They will give this country away for campaign contributions.

As I see it, there are only three choices for us. Paul, Tancredo and Hunter. The rest are garbage.

I agree and I would be most happy to vote for any one of the three. They would be head and shoulders above what we have had in the past.

Just to explain, just voting on anything isn't enough for me. Maybe that is what they are supposed to do as lawmakers and maybe that is all they are supposed to do.

What I am concerned about with any of these and other politicians is the fact they allowed it to remain a non issue for years. Of course, I think every politician knew the danger, but for those who voted our way over the years, why didn't they take it to the people?

Personally, I could not have kept quiet about it if I had had their soapbox. I just couldn't.

I fault them all with that - I do think TAncredo, stepped out front and pulled the tail of the President on this - and for that I applaud him. This may not be the way the others work, but it was what was needed. I think had Tancredo not stepped forward, taken the heat, we might not be having any kind of public debate today on this.

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

What I am concerned about with any of these and other politicians is the fact they allowed it to remain a non issue for years. Of course, I think every politician knew the danger, but for those who voted our way over the years, why didn't they take it to the people?
    Perhaps they tried, but the "people" didn't want to hear it. Americans are strange in that way. They don't typically respond well with what they perceive as someone elses problem. They are more worried about little Johnny's soccer game, their vacation, American Idol, etc. As you and I both know, a lot of folks are only going to get involved when they become personally affected. That's just the way of things (human nature). IMHO, 9/11 changed all that. It's unfortunate that it took the loss of 5,000 American lives to wake people up, however, the tragedy did serve to bring immigration and border security to the forefront for a lot of people. These folks are now paying attention and are eager to listen!

If it weren't for 9/11, Tancredo, Hunter, and others like them would probably still be speaking to deaf ears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast