Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul-Tx = MIXED Voting Record

FYI, for our Texans who might not have Ron Paul's voting history. He appears to be voting against "anker babies" yet is VOTING FOR increasing foreign workers and decreasing jobs for Americans.
    It's a mixed bag

http://profiles.numbersusa.com/impro...d=TX&VIPID=787
    <snip>
    Cosponsoring legislation to increase H-2B workers who are present in the U.S. at any one time in 2005

Rep. Paul is a cosponsor of H.R. 793, the Save Our Small and Seasonal Business Act of 2005, to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to limit the timing of issuance of H-2B visas during a fiscal year. Specifically, H.R. 793 would split the H-2B visa cap so no more than 33,000 visas are made available for the first six months the fiscal year, and another 33,000 visas would be available in the second half of the year. HOWEVER, H.R. 793 exempts from the annual cap aliens granted an H-2B visa within three years prior to approval of an H-2B petition, thus potentially TRIPLING the number of H-2B workers in the United States at any one time. Although timing the issuance of H-2B visas is a common-sense approach that would help prevent the situation that occurred in FY 2004 and FY 2005 when the 66,000 annual cap on H-2B (low-skill) nonimmigrant visas was hit within the first quarter of the year, H.R. 793 would ultimately harm American workers by creating exemptions which potentially could triple the number of H-2B workers in the U.S. at any given time.
    <snip>
    Nearly doubled H-1B foreign
    high-tech workers in 1998

Rep. Paul helped the House pass H.R.3736. Enacted into law, it increased by nearly 150,000 the number of foreign workers high-tech American companies could hire over the next three years. Although the foreign workers receive temporary visas for up to six years, most historically have found ways to stay permanently in this country. Rep. Paul voted for more foreign workers even though U.S. high tech workers over the age of 50 were suffering 17% unemployment and U.S. firms were laying off thousands of workers at the time.

Voted in 1998 to allow firms to lay off Americans
    to make room for foreign workers

Before the House passed the H-1B doubling bill (H.R.3736), Rep. Paul had an opportunity to vote for a Watt Substitute bill that would have forbidden U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. Rep. Paul opposed that protection. The substitute also would have required U.S. firms to check a box on a form attesting that they had first sought an American worker for the job. Rep. Paul voted against that. The protections for American workers fell 33 votes short of passing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Ron Paul-Tx = MIXED Voting Record

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    FYI, for our Texans who might not have Ron Paul's voting history. He appears to be voting against "anker babies" yet is VOTING FOR increasing foreign workers and decreasing jobs for Americans.
    It's a mixed bag

http://profiles.numbersusa.com/impro...d=TX&VIPID=787
    <snip>
    Cosponsoring legislation to increase H-2B workers who are present in the U.S. at any one time in 2005

Rep. Paul is a cosponsor of H.R. 793, the Save Our Small and Seasonal Business Act of 2005, to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to limit the timing of issuance of H-2B visas during a fiscal year. Specifically, H.R. 793 would split the H-2B visa cap so no more than 33,000 visas are made available for the first six months the fiscal year, and another 33,000 visas would be available in the second half of the year. HOWEVER, H.R. 793 exempts from the annual cap aliens granted an H-2B visa within three years prior to approval of an H-2B petition, thus potentially TRIPLING the number of H-2B workers in the United States at any one time. Although timing the issuance of H-2B visas is a common-sense approach that would help prevent the situation that occurred in FY 2004 and FY 2005 when the 66,000 annual cap on H-2B (low-skill) nonimmigrant visas was hit within the first quarter of the year, H.R. 793 would ultimately harm American workers by creating exemptions which potentially could triple the number of H-2B workers in the U.S. at any given time.
    <snip>
    Nearly doubled H-1B foreign
    high-tech workers in 1998

Rep. Paul helped the House pass H.R.3736. Enacted into law, it increased by nearly 150,000 the number of foreign workers high-tech American companies could hire over the next three years. Although the foreign workers receive temporary visas for up to six years, most historically have found ways to stay permanently in this country. Rep. Paul voted for more foreign workers even though U.S. high tech workers over the age of 50 were suffering 17% unemployment and U.S. firms were laying off thousands of workers at the time.

Voted in 1998 to allow firms to lay off Americans
    to make room for foreign workers

Before the House passed the H-1B doubling bill (H.R.3736), Rep. Paul had an opportunity to vote for a Watt Substitute bill that would have forbidden U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. Rep. Paul opposed that protection. The substitute also would have required U.S. firms to check a box on a form attesting that they had first sought an American worker for the job. Rep. Paul voted against that. The protections for American workers fell 33 votes short of passing.
    I don't understand why these congressman do that. Even the ones who vote against illegal immigration vote for foreign worker increases. Don't they realize that doing so does just as much damage as handing out an illegal alien amnesty?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DMAN wrote
    don't understand why these congressman do that. Even the ones who vote against illegal immigration vote for foreign worker increases. Don't they realize that doing so does just as much damage as handing out an illegal alien amnesty?
    IMO, they do know exactly what they're doing.

??wonder what "deals" are made for the price of a vote?

In case you don't have it, here's the url where you can look up each state or name. I picked R. Paul only because some legislation he's on was mentioned and I wanted a more accurate picture. NOW, I do think it's time we each logged our individual state Reps so that we have the info in our hands.

http://profiles.numbersusa.com/index.php3#map
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They vote this way because they are Globalists. It's popular to say you're against illegal immigration. What is their solution to illegal immigration the public is so opposed to? Increase the number of legal immigrants allowed.

It's all about the NUMBERS.....over-population, illegal aliens taking jobs from Americans....anyway they can do it....legal or illegal.....

That's why we need to demand a Moratorium on Immigration until we get this mess we call Congress and the White House cleaned up.

They are all corrupt, bought and sold, by the Globalists.

No one in their "right mind" would increase immigration numbers for any reason given the flood of immigrants here already.

The ONLY REASON, anyone would support more or increased immigration is to displace Americans with Aliens.

There is NO OTHER EXPLANATION!!

Wake Up!!!

GO MINUTEMEN!!

GO ALIPAC!!!

Hang the Traitors!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Another name for "illegal immigration" is "illegal worker importation."..

The crazy thing is that the Republican party tends to be less supportive of "illegal worker importation" than the Democratic party... On the other hand, the Democratic party tends to be less supportive of "LEGAL worker importation" than the Republican party.

Compare these two report cards for the House... One is about "LEGAL worker importation.".. The other is mostly about "illegal worker importation."
    Career Subject: Reduce Unnecessary FOREIGN-WORKER Visas - alphabetical order
    Career Subject: Overall Immigration Reduction Grades - alphabetical order

It's hard to tell just by comparing side by side, but about a year ago, I calculated the average score for the two parties and this is what I got :
    ......................R...........D
    Illegal WI......77...........16
    LEGAL WI......33...........60

Here are the median scores :
    ......................R...........D
    Illegal WI......83...........10
    LEGAL WI......20...........80

So, when you go to the polls, you DO have a choice... You can either get a lump on the left side of your head or a lump on the right side... That's democracy.

It reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons with the famous line "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodus."
    press your "Page Down" key till you get to Act Three

Here are the same reports cards in grade order :
    Career Subject: Reduce Unnecessary FOREIGN-WORKER Visas - grade order
    Career Subject: Overall Immigration Reduction Grades - grade order
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

GREAT WORK lost_mummy.

Your finding is easily explained.

The Democractic Party has been the party of the:

Fords
    ACLU
    AFL-CIO
    Kennedys
    Soros
    etc., etc., etc.

The illegal immigration allows undocumented free flow "the flood" without any numbers of how many, how serious the problem is, no accounting. This gets more into the country faster.

The legal immigration is the traditional business way of hiring foreign workers. Republicans generally try to attend to the legitimate requests of businesses.

The Globalists are bi-partisan but have their "roots" in the Democractic Party but their tenacles in the Republican Party as well.

They hit "pay dirt" with George Bush.

He is so on their ticket now, its unbelievable.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MUMMY.........thanx! This is quick and easy..........LOVE IT!!

Your Welcome... Judy, 2ndamendsis !!!

I had an idea for an experiment... My hypothesis was that House members that support high worker importation, will also support the "free trade" agreements... This is because both "worker importation" and "free trade" are about "cheap labor.".. And both relate to "Open Borders" and the "Globalist" agenda.

To test, I used the votes for the Singapore Free Trade agreement.
    www.vote-smart.org - Singapore FTA - July 24th, 2003

For "worker importation", I used the data that I described in the previous post... I'm considering "illegal immigration" as a form of worker importation, in addition to "work visas.".. The House members that get a score of less than 50% for both kinds of worker importation were used as the test group: "House members supporting high worker importation."

.....................................vote on Singapore FTA................Y............N
    House members supporting high worker importation.....89............1
    All House members........................................... .............277........155

So, almost all the House members that strongly support the free flow of labor, also support the "free trade" agreements... ( 89 to 1 )...

The same Congress phlegm who don't care about protecting jobs in Non-Tradable Goods/Services also don't care about protecting jobs in the Tradable... They also don't seem to care if we lose our industry and manufacturing base... Also, they don't seem to care about our democracy, as the "Free Trade Agreements" erode that...

It seems their only passion is to turn this country into a 3rd world dictatorship... "Open borders" is open treason... So why do we keep re-electing these Congress crooks???

Separating the count by parties :

Republican...........................vote on Singapore FTA...........Y...........N
    Republican House members supporting high WI...............25...........1
    Republican All House members........................................201 .........27

Democrat.............................vote on Singapore FTA...........Y...........N
    Democrat House members supporting high WI................64............0
    Democrat All House members........................................... 76........128
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

lost_mummy.....This is Amazing!!!

Look at all those REPUBLICANS supporting the end of our Nation!!

I'm a 4th generation Republican.....and I'm sick.....with what I see here.

Our party has been buffooned on the one-hand and bought on the other.

Which together spell....D I S A S T E R!!

The members of our party....people like me and millions of others...had no idea...no idea at all....

Well.....this has to be corrected and will be.

When did the Singapore Free Trade Agreement get signed?

I think that needs to be REPEALED!!!

I see no good in that....

Lord....it's a 24 hour a day job keeping up with these Dirty Globalists!!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    When did the Singapore Free Trade Agreement get signed?

I think that needs to be REPEALED!!!

I see no good in that....

Lord....it's a 24 hour a day job keeping up with these Dirty Globalists!!
    http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_keyvote ... te_id=3306
    Presidential Action: 09/03/2003: Signed by President.
    All the FTAs need to be repealed... As I learned from others on this site, they're UNconstitutional for a variety of reasons :
    1) only Congress has the right to regulate trade... So, Trade Promotion Authority usurps this responsibility, which the Congress Cowards are all too happy to delegate...
    2) They are really "treaties", but they were called "agreements", because "treaties" require 2/3rd vote...
    3) I imagine that all the political infrastructure crammed into these 1000+ page "agreements" probably usurp our Constitution in other ways... It seems the direction we are moving is towards "extra-parliamentary" institutions that will write the laws... Our reps will dutifully show up to press the "yes" button or they will get clobbered with same-party primary challenges and a well-funded opposition-party challenger... Or perhaps, the elites will just save everyone a lot of trouble and rig the vote using electronic voting fraud.

Yes, the globalist are working overtime... I'm not sure what Kennedy or McCain are so passionate about, but they sure are passionate!!! Perhaps, they're dreaming of a 3rd world oligarchy... Wouldn't that be lovely??? NOT!!! Localism, not Globalism!!! Or at least, not Corporately Elitist Globalization where the rules are written to help those who least need to be helped at the biggest cost to those who most need help.

Although Dennis Kucinich seems to have a blind spot on "illegal immigration", he had some good words to say about the Corporately Regulated Trade Treaties :
    On the front lines of protest
    --- "Rep. Dennis Kucinich, a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004, said that working people around the world had many of the same complaints about the WTO::: 'It's bad for their jobs, bad for their livelihoods and bad for their income... Small farmers in Africa lose their jobs just like steelworkers in Ohio.'"
    --- "If globalization was going to help the poor, the last 20 years of very rapid globalization should have made everyone rich by now, ... But, as globalization accelerates, the benefits are not trickling down to the poor, but up--to the wealthiest people on Earth."

As one protestor was quoted in the above web link :
    "The people united will never be defeated."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast