Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cong. Tom Tancredo

If he is elected president, Cong. Tom Tancredo will never dissapoint us.

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Thanks for the post lost_mummy,
    I have personally called every rep in NC and their responses match up with the Singapore FTA with what I was told on the phone.
    Your welcome, JP!!

Yep, I've noticed that the reps tend to vote the same way on the FTA's no matter the FTA... I read somewhere that Ralph Nader challenged any rep to an interview/quiz on the 5000+ page NAFTA agreement... One rep took the challenge and answered every question correctly, after which Nader congratulated him... But then, the rep said something like, "after reading it, I'm not sure I can support it anymore."

But most reps don't read them... I guess they just sign them for political reasons or because it's the cool thing to do... (How could anyone be against something with the word "free" in it?)...

The most reliable predictor of future behavior is past behavior... We just need to look at what they've done... That's why I like scorecards.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    lost_mummy: this is really outstanding work you did. We appreciate it. Having information on the state legislatures would be extremely helpful as well if you have the time to do it. Really OUTSTANDING!!!
    Your welcome, Judy!! In recent years, there have been a lot of votes and bills relating to "in-state" tuition and other things... So, I believe many state legislators have shown their stripes... Let's make sure everyone can see those stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    If he is elected president, Cong. Tom Tancredo will never dissapoint us.
    A good 8-years of Tancredo would be a welcome switcheroo from Mr Globalist Wide-open Borders.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

I've updated the scorecard.

The main update was to create a new page for "free trade" ( always in quotes ).
    www.globalismscorecard.org/USHouseTrade.htm

It includes 4 components :
    1) Trade Promotion Authority which was voted by the House in Dec 2001
    2) Singapore "Free Trade Agreement" - 2003
    3) Withdrawal from WTO - 2005
    4) CAFTA - 2005

By default, it is sorted by state, but you can sort by score by clicking on "score" over that column.

I decided to count NV (not voting) as half credit. Originally, I was going to count that as a big ZERO. But Charles Taylor says he was jipped. Jo Ann Davis says she was tricked. Maybe their excuses are light weight, but it is interesting that the only 2 to not vote were ant-globalists.

Charles Taylor has been perfect up till CAFTA. He voted against TPA in 2001, even though only 21 other Republicans voted the same way. Not even our hero Tom Tancredo voted against TPA.

Furthermore, Taylor has been exceptionally tough on Illegal Immigration and the Work Visas.

Jo Ann Davis did vote for TPA, but she was one of only 26 Republicans to vote against the Singapore FTA. She also has a good record on Illegal Immigration and Work Visas.

Also, I wonder if sometimes reps can't decide and so they don't vote. Perhaps, they honestly can't decide or other times, perhaps they're trying to balance the party's interests with the constituent's interests.

Of course, I prefer reps who put constituents first. For instance, I heard Walter Jones on Meet The Press (or one of those shows) explain the priorites which guide his voting decisions :
    1) his conscience
    2) his constituents
    3) his party

The party comes last, which is where it should be. But on the other extreme, there are those like David Dreier who seems to put party first and constituents last.

And then perhaps, there are those who are inbetween the extremes. Perhaps, these reps sometimes are in the NV column. If just 3 people who voted YEA for CAFTA instead were NV, then it wouldn't have passed.

So, I'm giving half-credit for the NV votes. But perhaps, I should just not include them in the score?

Well, anyway, the main point is that you can easily look at the table to see how the reps voted on a variety of trade bills.

In addition, I updated the overall scorecard to include the latest actions relating to immigration as well as the new trade scorecard.
    www.GlobalismScorecard.org
    (Click on the "score" column header to sort on score.)

A couple of factoids:
    - The top 2 reps have a perfect score. By the way, the 3rd best rep is Howard Coble from North Carolina.
    - NC has 4 of the 15 five-star patriots. GA has 3. No other state has more than 1.
    - Only one rep got a score of 0. From Texas, Solomon Ortiz.

I've considered anyone who gets a score of 50% or better as a patriot. Any score lower is a globalist. By this standard, exactly 33% of the House are patriots. The other 67% are globalists.

Yet, there are an exactly equal number of 5 star patriots as there are 5 bullet globalists: 15 in each case. The stars and bullets are determined by which decile the score falls into. The top 10% are 5 stars and the bottom 10% are 5 bullets.

Well, that's all I got for now. I plan to work on the Senate next. I'm interested to see how that shakes out
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

OUTSTANDING Lost_Mummy!!

Thanks for much for this great work. 67% are Globalists. Ugh!!!

We've got our work cut out for US, eh?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I added scorecards for the........

1) U.S. Senate
    www.GlobalismScorecard.org/USSenate.htm

2) North Carolina House and Senate
    www.GlobalismScorecard.org/NCHouse.htm
    www.GlobalismScorecard.org/NCSenate.htm

For North Carolina, there was an interesting bill I found whose purpose was to stop the outsourcing of call center jobs.
    Senate Bill 991 "provides that the state government shall require in every contract for the performance of telemarketing services provisions that only citizens of the United States and persons authorized to work in the United States may be employed, and to provide for disclosure of certain information from customer sales and service centers."
    The bill passed, but the final version looks nothing like the original.
    http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/B ... illID=s991
    ( There's a box that has the following editions of the bill:
    Filed http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/20 ... 991v0.html
    Edition 1 http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/20 ... 991v1.html
    Edition 2 http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/20 ... 991v2.html
    Edition 3 http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/20 ... 991v3.html
    Ratified http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/20 ... 991v4.html
    SL 2004-129 http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/20 ... 991v5.html )

Edition 3 has a sub-title "House Committee Substitute Favorable 7/1/04". It looks nothing like the earlier versions. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with outsourcing. What happened?

So, I didn't include this bill. I only included legislation relating to illegal immigration for North Carolina.

For other states, I plan to add some anti-outsourcing legislation too. If you can find any anti-outsourcing bills for North Carolina, then I'll make a separate page for them.

I'm going to work on Illinois next, my home state.

Interesting Factoids for North Carolina:
    - 34% of the House gets a score of greater than 0.
    - 38% of the Senate gets a score of greater than 0.
    - In the House, the lowest score goes to a Republican: John Sauls ( -8 ).
    The highest score goes to a Republican: Cary Allred ( +8 )
    Surprisingly, a Democrat is tied for the 2nd highest score: James Crawford (+6)

Interesting Factoids for the U.S. Congress:
    - 33% of the House are patriots (not globalists)
    - 29% of the Senate are patriots (not globalists)

Here are the Senators that I've heard could be running for the Presidency in 2008. And here are their scores:
    79% Joe Biden
    55% Russel Feingold
    26% Hillary Clinton
    17% George Allen
    17% Bill Frist
    6% Sam Brownback
    5% John McCain
    4% Chuck Hagel

I've already decided that I'm not voting for Hagel (or any of those in the list from Hillary Clinton on down). In the House, Tom Tancredo beats them all, with a score of 97%. Go Tancredo!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234