Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GAPatriot, you should sue them because they were clearly violating the law. Same thing for anyone else who signs a contract to have work done and then finds out the company/ workers are violating the law. Only citizens and legal residents with permission to work can lawfully work in the U. S. Anyone else is violating the law. For example, if one of these illegals got hurt on your property they don't have any worker's compensation. But they could sue you. And if your home owners policy doesn't cover their injuries completely you'd wind up paying for it out of your own pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    I too have thrown out countertop installers (from Home Depot contracted vendor). The guy who measured was an American, and then comes two installers, one who spoke about 5 words in English and the other who was unable to say anything. I sent them out to my porch, and called the office, and told him that the only way I would allow them in my home is if I held a shotgun to their heads. They are not bonded and insured and licensed like Home Depot guarantees, impossible because they are not legal, including the one who drove the truck parked in my driveway. I threatened to call the police to pick them up on the road back as well. They did send over legal workers after that, but I went back to Home Depot, where other homeowners were contemplating purchases, and loudly complained that they contracted with illegal workers putting myself and my neighbors in jeopardy. They tried to deny it which was good because I loudly protested all the more, and reminded him that an illegal worker recently raped the neighbor's daughter across the street. When someone hires an illegal, they not only put themselves in harm's way, but also innocent people in the neighborhood.

Whenever my husband and I are in the store, we always go over to the countertop and cabinets and we loudly discuss how Home Depot put us in jeopardy and how we would never do business with their vendors, loudly. Just in case there are shoppers nearby. By the way, when those illegals showed up, no one was home in my neighborhood during the day, my home is barely visible to my neighbors anyway, and I am the last house on a dead end street. I really did feel threatened and am still furious that Home Depot would put me in harm's way while guaranteeing licensed and bonded employees. Perhaps their stolen ID's were licensed and bonded.
    We are furious that this company did this too! The house and driveway are surrounded by trees at the end of a long driveway, and is not visible to the street. We have a security gate and now they have the code to get in. Usually there is someone here with me, but if not I do have the means to protect myself.

The hiring of illegals is truly immense, especially among small businesses run by subcontractors. A new house was just built in my neighborhood and walking past the jobsite all you could hear was Spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can you change the code on the security gate? Or can you make sure you are there when workers arrive to open the gate for them? Every contractor I have hired usually gives me a ring about half an hour before they arrive. Remember, these are your rules and you hold their paychecks and profits.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Can you change the code on the security gate?
    Yes we can, and we will. This will be the second time in six months that we've had to do that because of contractors sending out illegals to do work. After they've been told not to.

I'm just thankful that the big man was home and I did not have to deal with them. But the contractor will be dealing with me tomorrow.
    He said that his company will be back next week to do the work.
    Oh no they will not!
    I think I'll have the sheriff come out when they come back to pick up the materials that they left today too!

I have always appreciated a nice marked police car with a big, bulky deputy standing by, because I have had to do a few evictions in my life.
    If someone sells you another job, make sure they are licensed and insured. Then before you hire the company, make sure they understand your rules by signing a piece of paper that they do. No signature, no job.
    No free access to property by giving away gate code. No access to property without notice. I can't believe I am saying this.
    About 10 years ago, an old friend who ran a roofing company hired illegals as subs. His reason was that Americans bid $500 for a job and were lousy workers, but the Mexicans bid $100 and were wonderful workers. I did my best not to smack him.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I have always appreciated a nice marked police car with a big, bulky deputy standing by, because I have had to do a few evictions in my life.
    If someone sells you another job, make sure they are licensed and insured. Then before you hire the company, make sure they understand your rules by signing a piece of paper that they do. No signature, no job.
    No free access to property by giving away gate code. No access to property without notice. I can't believe I am saying this.
    About 10 years ago, an old friend who ran a roofing company hired illegals as subs. His reason was that Americans bid $500 for a job and were lousy workers, but the Mexicans bid $100 and were wonderful workers. I did my best not to smack him.
    Actually we did not give the code until they called yesterday from the gate. They were suppose to call the day before to verify that they were coming out. Which didn't happen. Of course the owner blamed it all on the girls in the office. They are licensed and insured. They were a referral from the family we bought the house from. This same company had put a new roof on for them.

For two bucks less an hour and no payroll taxes to pay, we're actually paying to be colonized. That's false economy.

UPDATE

The roof contractor has been reported for hiring illegals!

rwright, you can contact your attorney (any American can) and file lawsuits against the contractor for knowingly sending over illegal immigrants for work purposes... once contractors start getting "hit" with these lawsuits by Americans, their "tune will change quickly"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast