Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Roofing contractor sends out hispanic work crew.

After waiting over a month for this contractor to do repairs on our home that was damaged Christmas morning by a tree that fell he sends out a crew of hispanics to do the work. We had told them before we agreed that they would do the work that if they send out anyone with out a green card they would be told to leave. The crew arrives this morning at 7:30 and my husband went out to meet them and asked for green cards. Only one of them had it. The other 2 said they left theirs at home.
    If they had green cards, why would they leave them at home? Wouldn't they carry them on their person at all times?
    Needless to say they were told to leave.
    This practice of hiring illegals is immense, and has to be stopped.
    I will be reporting this company, and finding a new contractor who does not engage in the practice of hiring illegals. I can not allow this to go on while many of my fellow Americans are without work, and many more are added to the jobless numbers everyday.

I don't know if I want someone with a green card to do work at my home either.
    I would like to hear some of your thoughts, if some of you have time to respond I would appreciate it.

You are awesome, rwright!!! On behalf of unemployed Americans everywhere, I thank you. I will also commit to do the same should the occasion arise.

Green cards are also an abomination, as far as I am concerned. It's a cheap labor ploy, which while it may be legal, it is most certainly immoral.

Bravo!!!
    <div>
    </div>

I always tell any contractor when I hire them that they better not send me a non-English speaking crew, and they all better be legal workers. I hold the checkbook and I make the rules. Haven't had any problems yet. It is also a good idea to put that in writing right on the contract.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rwright , I'm a carpenter by trade and I would suggest to you to call local roofing supply houses and ask if any of them know of an all American crew doing roofs . You can also run an ad in craig'slist and be specific about being legal in your ad , you can post for free . I'm pretty sure you will get a lot of calls and then it will be up to you to screen them . Just my 2 cents , Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I always tell any contractor when I hire them that they better not send me a non-English speaking crew, and they all better be legal workers. I hold the checkbook and I make the rules. Haven't had any problems yet. It is also a good idea to put that in writing right on the contract.
    We always tell them not to send out illegals as well, but this is not the first time that a contractor has done so, and we told them to leave.
    They will not convince me that they can't find Americans to hire.
    Oh, and another thing. As of this hour the owner of the company has not returned our call. Guess he never needed the work to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    You are awesome, rwright!!! On behalf of unemployed Americans everywhere, I thank you. I will also commit to do the same should the occasion arise.

Green cards are also an abomination, as far as I am concerned. It's a cheap labor ploy, which while it may be legal, it is most certainly immoral.

Bravo!!!
    Thank you Melena29, and you are most welcome. If we don't fight for our fellow Americans who will? NO ONE!

Re: Roofing contractor sends out hispanic work crew.

Quote Originally Posted by rwright
    After waiting over a month for this contractor to do repairs on our home that was damaged Christmas morning by a tree that fell he sends out a crew of hispanics to do the work. We had told them before we agreed that they would do the work that if they send out anyone with out a green card they would be told to leave. The crew arrives this morning at 7:30 and my husband went out to meet them and asked for green cards. Only one of them had it. The other 2 said they left theirs at home.
    If they had green cards, why would they leave them at home? Wouldn't they carry them on their person at all times?
    Needless to say they were told to leave.
    This practice of hiring illegals is immense, and has to be stopped.
    I will be reporting this company, and finding a new contractor who does not engage in the practice of hiring illegals. I can not allow this to go on while many of my fellow Americans are without work, and many more are added to the jobless numbers everyday.

I don't know if I want someone with a green card to do work at my home either.
    I would like to hear some of your thoughts, if some of you have time to respond I would appreciate it.
    There was a time if you hired a licensed contractor to do something at your home or etc you just never thought about when they came to do the job because you were hiring someone licensed and assumed.....now it needs to be stated when you hire anyone or any company to do the job and you have to ask....

This is something we all need to pay attention to and do...

Thank you rwight/

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Rwright , I'm a carpenter by trade and I would suggest to you to call local roofing supply houses and ask if any of them know of an all American crew doing roofs . You can also run an ad in craig'slist and be specific about being legal in your ad , you can post for free . I'm pretty sure you will get a lot of calls and then it will be up to you to screen them . Just my 2 cents , Hawk
    Hawk- Thanks for that idea, I had not thought of that.

I too have thrown out countertop installers (from Home Depot contracted vendor). The guy who measured was an American, and then comes two installers, one who spoke about 5 words in English and the other who was unable to say anything. I sent them out to my porch, and called the office, and told him that the only way I would allow them in my home is if I held a shotgun to their heads. They are not bonded and insured and licensed like Home Depot guarantees, impossible because they are not legal, including the one who drove the truck parked in my driveway. I threatened to call the police to pick them up on the road back as well. They did send over legal workers after that, but I went back to Home Depot, where other homeowners were contemplating purchases, and loudly complained that they contracted with illegal workers putting myself and my neighbors in jeopardy. They tried to deny it which was good because I loudly protested all the more, and reminded him that an illegal worker recently raped the neighbor's daughter across the street. When someone hires an illegal, they not only put themselves in harm's way, but also innocent people in the neighborhood.

Whenever my husband and I are in the store, we always go over to the countertop and cabinets and we loudly discuss how Home Depot put us in jeopardy and how we would never do business with their vendors, loudly. Just in case there are shoppers nearby. By the way, when those illegals showed up, no one was home in my neighborhood during the day, my home is barely visible to my neighbors anyway, and I am the last house on a dead end street. I really did feel threatened and am still furious that Home Depot would put me in harm's way while guaranteeing licensed and bonded employees. Perhaps their stolen ID's were licensed and bonded.

Send them away! If every American did that, you would see some fast and positive changes!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast