Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

rwright, melena29

a word on green cards, I have one, but, I have also earned my rights here, I have served in the military, I pay taxes, and I dont take one dime, never have of assistance.......so its not bad per se

its when it is abused to displace american workers that its wrong. America does not need unskilled, uneducated workers anymore coming here.

employers who dont use leagal workers should be shut down

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrit68
    rwright, melena29

a word on green cards, I have one, but, I have also earned my rights here, I have served in the military, I pay taxes, and I dont take one dime, never have of assistance.......so its not bad per se

its when it is abused to displace american workers that its wrong. America does not need unskilled, uneducated workers anymore coming here.

I am greatful to anyone who serves or has served this country.

One of the arguments that you commonly hear is that "they do better work" or "they work harder" than Americans. Sorry but I'm not buying that excuse.
    If employers are allowing any employee to slack off on the job they have management issues that need to be addressed.
    A roofing contractor that I spoke to used that very excuse, and I told him it was his job to get a decent days work out of his employees.

Quote Originally Posted by rwright
    rwright, melena29

One of the arguments that you commonly hear is that "they do better work" or "they work harder" than Americans. Sorry but I'm not buying that excuse.
    If employers are allowing any employee to slack off on the job they have management issues that need to be addressed.
    A roofing contractor that I spoke to used that very excuse, and I told him it was his job to get a decent days work out of his employees.
    when americans finally get pissed off, and attack, there is no force on earth that can stop them....none

its one of the things that makes me proud to be here.This recession and housing crisis is finally waking people up, they are realizing, everything is being stolen from them

this whole entitlement thing from illegals is driving me nuts, I am a guest of the people of this country, and it is my job to prove every day that I can be of a help to america........

but then, I am a big fan of kennedys words......

" Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

it is going to take people like all of you that are willing to take a stand, and not care what others say, we can make this country great again, and I am just thankful I am allowed to be a part of it.

I just sent all my reps a note, it had very few words...

" Remember the Alamo......and try to be half the men they were"

Quote Originally Posted by rwright
    rwright, melena29

when americans finally get pissed off, and attack, there is no force on earth that can stop them....none

its one of the things that makes me proud to be here.This recession and housing crisis is finally waking people up, they are realizing, everything is being stolen from them

this whole entitlement thing from illegals is driving me nuts, I am a guest of the people of this country, and it is my job to prove every day that I can be of a help to america........

but then, I am a big fan of kennedys words......

" Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

it is going to take people like all of you that are willing to take a stand, and not care what others say, we can make this country great again, and I am just thankful I am allowed to be a part of it.

I just sent all my reps a note, it had very few words...

" Remember the Alamo......and try to be half the men they were"
    Do you have any plans or intentions of becoming a citizen? When you applied for and got your green card, was it because you offered a service that could not be provided by an American citizen, thus making your contribution here a necessity? Do you send any part of your earnings to your country of origin?

I was watching the PBS special called “Ellis Islandâ€
    <div>
    </div>

melena

melena29,

fair questions. While I am english by birth, we lived in very poor conditions there. My father took off a few days after I was born, I was raised partially by a single mother.....one of the most incredible ladies I have ever met, but then I am biased.

My stepfather, was an american marine, he was a good man, and married my mother ( even though she turned him down repeatedly....lol), ready made family and all.

we were transferred back to the states, because my birth father was a jerk, the best we could do at the time was a green card, it took from age 5, to age 14 to finally be legally adopted by my step father.

yes, I am english by birth, you will never,ever hear me say euro american, or immigrant american, or any of that PC crap unless I am explaining something.

In heart, attitude, and everything that matters I am an american. Truth be known, I have been here so long, I would have no idea how to live in england, I have been an American most of my life.

now your other question, I have been caught in red tape, when I was adopted, we understand I missed the cut off barely that would have granted me automatic citizenship, then I got married, and it was right about the time they changed the laws on that too.

the military helped me, did my paperwork, and missed one signature to finalize it. I have been going rounds with INS for years, they have one section says I am a citizen, the other says I am not.

even with all that, I do not believe we need to change the process,if anything, it needs to be made harder. I was just cautioning everyone not to lump all immigrants into one category.

when I did my ontroduction, I was pretty careful to make sure everyone knew my status and would accept it.

I have gone to school here, my father paid taxes for that, I do have a social security number, so of course I pay taxes, the day I turned 17, I was at the army recruiter seeing my options for enlisting.

my family, or step family if you chose, has a long history of military service, my father 22 years marine, my grandfather , army, landed on omaha beach, my great uncle, shot down over italy ad a bambadier, my uncles, a mixture of army and nave, my cousin ( also british by birth, but a citizen now), navy, me, I went army

immigration is not bad, it does help the country, unchecked illegal immigration will destroy a country, and I have given, and worked too hard to see America be hurt by people who dont follow her laws

unlike many people in my age group , 40's, I am out there campaigning for the leaders I believe will help, I am at school board meeting trying to save the schools, I try to pass on information when I get it.......and if I find out you are illegal, I am on the phone to ICE

Re: melena

melena29,

fair questions. While I am english by birth, we lived in very poor conditions there. My father took off a few days after I was born, I was raised partially by a single mother.....one of the most incredible ladies I have ever met, but then I am biased.

My stepfather, was an american marine, he was a good man, and married my mother ( even though she turned him down repeatedly....lol), ready made family and all.

we were transferred back to the states, because my birth father was a jerk, the best we could do at the time was a green card, it took from age 5, to age 14 to finally be legally adopted by my step father.

yes, I am english by birth, you will never,ever hear me say euro american, or immigrant american, or any of that PC crap unless I am explaining something.

In heart, attitude, and everything that matters I am an american. Truth be known, I have been here so long, I would have no idea how to live in england, I have been an American most of my life.

now your other question, I have been caught in red tape, when I was adopted, we understand I missed the cut off barely that would have granted me automatic citizenship, then I got married, and it was right about the time they changed the laws on that too.

the military helped me, did my paperwork, and missed one signature to finalize it. I have been going rounds with INS for years, they have one section says I am a citizen, the other says I am not.

even with all that, I do not believe we need to change the process,if anything, it needs to be made harder. I was just cautioning everyone not to lump all immigrants into one category.

when I did my ontroduction, I was pretty careful to make sure everyone knew my status and would accept it.

I have gone to school here, my father paid taxes for that, I do have a social security number, so of course I pay taxes, the day I turned 17, I was at the army recruiter seeing my options for enlisting.

my family, or step family if you chose, has a long history of military service, my father 22 years marine, my grandfather , army, landed on omaha beach, my great uncle, shot down over italy ad a bambadier, my uncles, a mixture of army and nave, my cousin ( also british by birth, but a citizen now), navy, me, I went army

immigration is not bad, it does help the country, unchecked illegal immigration will destroy a country, and I have given, and worked too hard to see America be hurt by people who dont follow her laws

unlike many people in my age group , 40's, I am out there campaigning for the leaders I believe will help, I am at school board meeting trying to save the schools, I try to pass on information when I get it.......and if I find out you are illegal, I am on the phone to ICE
    In that case, to this I must reply that you are the epitome of what America is all about, and what she stands for.

Two of my children serve in the military, so I am well aware of the committment and sacrifice you make. Thank you for that.

Let me wish you success in all your endevours, and may God and the nation grant you the American citizenship you've earned and that you so deserve.

Please consider this reply a hug from a proud countrymen.

Take care of yourself, and God bless.
    <div>
    </div>

thanks

thank you melena,

I get so angry at anyone who thinks this country owes them anything, this self entitlement is what is destroying us from the inside out.

just like rome, the barbarians are at the gate, only this time, we are welcoming them

that may seem a little over dramatic, but I read a lot of history

If you have a work crew showing up, go out and get a border patrol ballcap, or tee-shirt. That should rattle their illegal cages a bit.

TN has a law about hiring illegal's....but there are a couple of loopholes in it. You have to prove the workers were not subcontactors of a go between subcontractor. Secondly, how can you prove "knowingly"? Didn't Gov Romney have a sub-contractor problem? In this area it seems every contractor has a subcontractor.....less paperwork, less legal issues, no withholding, etc. Until EVerify becomes mandatory for all business in all states this will continue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123