Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Route 66 March for Americans against Illegal Immigration ?

I have thought about this for a while now and would like to see if anyone else thinks it's a good idea?

The logic goes as follows: The illegals will have their tantrums in the major cities in large numbers but most legal Americans have to work and feed their families so they can't counter the marches with their own mass demonstration in far away cities ... SO

... what if Americans could assemble throughout the country along different sections of the famous Route 66 on a given date to show their opposition to our govenment's plans to grant amnesty to 20 million illegal immigrants (probably this year)? Americans could assemble in small groups or large groups in strategic places and if they can't assemble on route 66 they can initiate an internet fax/phone campaign to be included in the demonstration or include other routes along the eastern and Northern parts of the U.S.?

If it's a good idea then maybe someone within the major organizations could organize it and we could all carry it out? We NEED to demonstrate but we are limited to working first-demonstrating second?

Nothing says "AMERICAN" like "ROUTE 66".
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Nomoremex I like it

That has a nice ring to it Route 66 "The Mother Road"

Lots of internet sites and forum groups on "66" maybe you could check out a few and see if there is an interest ? I would think the Boomers who
    collect cars and everything Rt 66 may also want a piece of this and could help with places and date etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Let's do it!

Great idea!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like that idea myself. Something I can actually be able to participate in.

I think this is a great idea. Here is the historic route 66 website for information on the exact location. Those who dont live very close can use other roadways. Maybe we can have a nationwide list of historic roads. I love the idea of giving route 66 one more chapter in history.

http://www.historic66.com/

And now that I have been reading around the route 66 site, it appears that part of route 66 has some dead ends and a missing bridge. Part of it is a dirt road. It would be a good thing to research the road before the actual event. They have plenty of information and maps at this site. I am sure there are also other sites. Armed with the proper information and maps, the marchers should have no problem. Btw, there is a forum at this site also.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    And now that I have been reading around the route 66 site, it appears that part of route 66 has some dead ends and a missing bridge. Part of it is a dirt road. It would be a good thing to research the road before the actual event. They have plenty of information and maps at this site. I am sure there are also other sites. Armed with the proper information and maps, the marchers should have no problem. Btw, there is a forum at this site also.
    No one would have to 'march' if they didn't want to; they could just stake out a strategic corner in their town/city and demonstrate from there with like minded Americans so dead ends or road conditions wouldn't matter?Just small and large groups all along Route 66 and on the internet / Congressional phone lines.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

I have recently taken RT66 from San Bernardino, Ca,(Cajon Blvd) Straight to Oklahoma City. Oklahoma. It's a Historical Dream.
    The dirt roads mentioned, are not part of the Main stretch

------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoremex
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    No one would have to 'march' if they didn't want to; they could just stake out a strategic corner in their town/city and demonstrate from there with like minded Americans so dead ends or road conditions wouldn't matter?Just small and large groups all along Route 66 and on the internet / Congressional phone lines.
    Great point!!! They dont really have to march. And even if they want to march, I dont think the breaks in the route 66 would be a problem as long as the marchers know ahead of time where they are. I just wanted to let people know ahead of time that some barriers may exist so that they can plan around it. I think its a great idea.

I lived appox, 1 mile from RT66 East of San Bernardino, Ca. Cajone Blvd..aka RT66 has dead ends pot holes and deteriating asphalt. This is in eye sight of UCSB,(University of California San Bernardino)

I will try and draft a map, at least part of one, point out the damaged areas.
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast