Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ruben Navarrette & discrimination for Latinos/Mexicans

After an email exchange about assumptions "we" make about him due to his Hispanic name.... I asked him several questions to which he actually responded but addressing only 2 out of 10

1) According to his sources, there were some bi-lingual education efforts for Italians, Germans etc..... I remember seeing 1800s German records for a local church which was made up entirely of German immigrants... so that makes sense; but these were "outlawed" late 1800s (the melting pot dictates one language, one culture and one flag), Ruben does claim to be against bi-lingual education; truly a cultural travesty.

2) sovereignty: Ruben emailed with the words "I support it"... but refused to elaborate on the rest of that question which was: do we not have a right to determine who and how many are allowed to come to the US?... if yes, why do YOU Ruben continue to acquiesce to the de facto discrimination by our government in favor of Latinos/Mexicans?

Ruben will not respond, nor have any other Latino/Hispanic agitators, sympathizers or collaborators and websites...The irony is that they carried signs in their street riots saying: DIVERSITY in justification of their presence in our land, but they care ONLY about diversity if it favors their kind.... I would call that racist.
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

One of Ruben's other favorite "contradictions" he cited is the HELP WANTED sign on the border, but NOT WANTED when it comes to social matters... He claims we all love the cheap labor for keeping our prices down; but I keep reminding him that I have NEVER SEEN A DISCOUNT ON MY HOTEL/RESTAURANT bill for "cheap labor"... besides, what we might save on lettuce we spend 10 times on social and medical costs .. hardly a bargain in the overal scheme...

Of course, about the signs: certain businesses put out the WANTED signs, not the citizens; may be a little too subtle for Ruben and his soul mates...
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Navarrette will not respond to your comments because he can't. His arguments are very weak.

And I'm willing, for example, to pay a little more more for lettuce or hotel rooms if that means I can send my kids to decent public schools. The fact is our economy does NOT need millions of poor illegal hispanic immigrants to thrive.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ruben is a waste of flesh. I have written him at least eight times and not once have I ever received a response. Populist hit it on the nose, his arguments are weak and his facts are more fallacy than actual facts. He is an OBL sympathizer and should be ignored.
    After all, writing him will only waste 30 minutes of your life you could have been doing something more productive, and you won't get that 30 minutes back!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

... but they need to be reminded often that we are not all laying down and taking their contortionist reasoning...