Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rubio and Cruz Battle Over Immigration

BY: Chandler Gill
    February 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Sen. Marco Rubio (R., Fla.) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas) argued on stage about immigration issues during the Saturday night GOP debate.

Marco Rubio: “I want immigration reform to pass, I want people to be able to come out of the shadows, and he proposed an amendment that would have legalized people here. Not only that, he proposed doubling the number of green cards. Hr proposed a 500% increase on guest workers. Now his position is different. Now, now he is a passionate opponent of all those things. So he either wasn’t telling the truth then, or he isn’t telling the truth now. But to argue he’s a pursuit on immigration is just not true.”

Ted Cruz: “You know, the lines are very very clear. Marco right now supports citizenship for 12 million people here illegally. I oppose citizenship, Marco stood on the debate stage, and said that but I would note not only that but Marco has a long record when it comes to amnesty and the state of Florida, Speaker of The House, he supported in-state tuition for illegal immigrants, in addition to that Marco went on Univision, in Spanish, and said he would not rescind President Obama’s illegal executive action on his first day in office. I have promised to rescind every single illegal executive action, including that one. and on the question–”

Moderator: “Very quickly.”

Marco Rubio: “First of all, I don’t know how he knows what I said on Univision because he doesn’t speak Spanish. And second of all, the other point I would make–in Spanish.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/rubio...ration-record/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rubio Says Cruz Is a 'Liar' on Illegal Immigration

Saturday, February 13, 2016 10:38 PM
    By: Todd Beamon

Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio got into one of the strongest exchanges Saturday during the Republican presidential debate in South Carolina over illegal immigration — with Rubio eventually slamming Cruz as a liar.

Rubio started the exchange by saying that he did not support amnesty for illegals and that Americans will not support immigration until "you prove to people that illegal immigration is under control once and for all."

Cruz attacked Rubio's role in the 2013 Gang of Eight bill, saying that he worked against the bill with other conservatives.

"The Rubio-Schumer amnesty plan passed the Senate and it was on the verge of passing the House," he said. "Where did you stand in that fight? There is a difference between Senator Rubio and me."

Rubio then hit back by saying that Cruz did support the amnesty bill and that he had even proposed an amendment that would aid illegals.

The exchange eventually grew more intense between the two Cuban-American senators — even with Rubio accusing Cruz of not knowing Spanish and the Texas senator speaking a few words in response — the Florida senator then accused him of being a liar.

"This is a disturbing pattern now," Rubio declared. "For a number of weeks, Ted Cruz has just been telling lies.

"He lied about Ben Carson in Iowa. He lies about Planned Parenthood and marriage. And he makes things up.

"The bottom line is this is a campaign and people are watching," Rubio said. "Here is the truth: Ted Cruz supported legalizing people in this country."

"That is absolutely false," Cruz shot back. "What he said is knowingly false."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/marc.../13/id/714277/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn