Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rudy on John & Ken

Rudy Giuliani was just on John and Ken (KFI 640) and I was wondering if anyone listened to this and your thoughts. I liked how Rudy said he could stop illegal immigration, how this would be his #2 priority (after fighting radical Islamic terrorism), how he would build the fence (both physical and technological), and how securing the border has to be done before anything else.

That said, I have concerns about a couple of things Rudy said that I wished J & K had pressed him on during the short interview. It sounded as though Rudy is in favor of amnesty (although he didn't use this word of course) for illegals in the country who would come forth and identify themselves and register for biometric or i.d. work cards, and not for those who didn't come forth. I am also unclear as to how much of the fence Rudy wants to be technological, and hope that he favors a physical, double-layered fence over all else.

Rudy also said he is in favor of a lot more legal immigration (not necessarily bad of course), and said this is because of the global economy, and criticized Tancredo for wanting to limit legal immigration (although as Ken mentioned, Tancredo wants a pause in legal immigration so immigrants can assimilate). And it seems Rudy is in favor of many more "guest workers."

(FYI, I'm not opposed to more legal immigration, but believe there should be occasional pauses so that our infrastructure can absorb and assimilate millions of new people.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

consiering the OVERWHELMING majority of illegals are mexican, and the OVERWHELMING majority of legals are mexican, seems a bit unfair to those others who want to come here.

the system is all frigged up.

also.......................................

ghouliani is a CFR'r

Council of Foreign Affairs. He believes in that in principle. He wants to grant amnesty and give out those biometric ID's. Think about that? Globalization is rearing its ugly head.... no, rudy will NOT secure nothing, he will give amnesty and then those who got amnesty will petition for their families to come..

trust me.. Guiliani wants the NAU.

I am very surprised that John and Ken support this guy..... they are being very short sighted here.

I am surprised he mentioned Tancredo. I guess he fears him.. nice.

I am with Tom on halting legal immigration. It is insanity to increase legal immigration IMO. We already let in 1 million a year -- more than the rest of the world combined. Out of control legal immigration is what got us the problem of illegal immigration in the first place. It does indeed sound like Rudy favors amnesty, and I am suspect about his willingness to stop illegal immigration. Anyone who talks about "the global economy" can not be trusted ESPECIALLY if they are refering to immigration.

John and Ken have greatly disappointed me with their support for this man. Guess they are just neocons like the rest of 'em, and want their war with Iran.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Rudy is absolutely for shamnesty.

I'm surprised Ghouliani (I like that nick) would fool you populist! Ghouliani's actions while he was NYC mayor made NYC a sanctuary city. Since actions speak louder than words... Ghouliani is not to be trusted.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Sam,
    I should point out that I'm not sold on Rudy. Although in some aspects he did speak intelligently about the border (unlike Bush), I do not like or agree with Rudy's support of amnesty and expansion of guest worker programs. Bottom line: in my world it would be President Tancredo with Vice President Hunter (or vice versa).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If your interested in taking a look at how the candidates compare on immigration NumbersUSA has a link to an immigration report card. It's very interesting!

Here is the link:

http://www.betterimmigration.com/reportcardintro.html
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!