Story #10: Beltway Crowd Discovers Illegal Immigration

RUSH: This from the Washington Post today: "'GOP Finds Hot Button in Illegal Immigration' -- Special Election in Massachusetts Could Be Indicative of Democratic Weak Spot."

Where have you people in the media been?

How can you write a headline: 'GOP Finds Hot Button in Illegal Immigration'? Did you not see how the amnesty bill was swept aside twice? Where have you been?

The disconnect between people inside the Beltway, the Washington-New York-Boston axis, that corridor, is stunning. How in the world -- GOP finds hot button in illegal immigration? And then it's portrayed here as "more worries for the Democrats.

Immigration is not a winner for them." Really? They were counting on immigration being a winner? My God, we shouldn't have derailed it, then. Well, I don't mean that. We shoulda let 'em keep thinking that they could win on immigration by talking the way they were talking.

Amnesty is a winner? Good grief, ladies and gentlemen. Massachusetts race that was close, too close because of that issue, Republicans led on the issue. The Democrats want a mini-bill the liberals won't support on all of this. That's the summary of this story.

But it's the headline here: "'GOP Finds Hot Button in Illegal Immigration' -- Special Election in Massachusetts Could Be Indicative of Democratic Weak Spot." Good Lord.

We ought to be so much more confident than we are. We do not realize just how out of it the Democrat Party is with the American people, as evidenced by their willing accomplices in the Drive-By Media.

They are just out of it on seminal, salient issues. Immigration, for crying out loud, they actually think that amnesty, the things they supported, was a winner, after it got thrown out, massive national protests twice?

You know what they think? I guarantee you, the only thing they know about it and remember is they saw these million people protesting back last spring. That's what they see. They see public protests, a bunch of lazy people who don't have anything better to do, going out on the street, rent-a-mobs, that's where they see strength and power.

They resent of those of you that called their offices and got this whole thing scuttled, you are to be beaten, you are to be overcome, you don't tell Congress what to do, no, no, no, you don't. They tell you what to do and this got slapped right back down their throats as well.

Fascinating headline; fascinating story. I think we're in much better shape than anybody's willing to admit. Don't get overconfident, don't even talk to me about that. I'm just saying, if you look at the disarray the Democrats are in, and you see a story where they now are surprised that immigration is a hot button issue for Republicans, sweet.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/ ... guest.html