Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Salma Hayek Sets an Example for All Illegals to Follow

A couple days ago I read that actress Salma Hayek confessed to being an illegal alien back in the early 90s. At first I assumed that she probably came here illegally and her confession was a stunt to stimulate support for the DREAM Act. Then I discovered that my assumption was wrong, but many people who have made the same assumption have not realized that.

It turns out that her visa simply expired at one point and then she did something that all illegal aliens should do. She went back to her home country and renewed her visa before coming back legally.

Her responsible illegal alien status management techniques should be promoted as much as possible. This could be done simply by telling illegal aliens "be like Salma, pass it on."

Dusk till Dawn
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

path to citizenship

She used the existing path to citizenship. Bless her for setting an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Dusk till Dawn
    Was on IFC earlier tonight, but I missed it.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Dusk till Dawn

I think you missed the point. Although I'm not sure under what circumstances she arrived in the first place, but from what I read her visa expired and she left on her own.

I don't think the burglar comparison is appropriate for this case. This was more like if you let someone into your house who eventually realized that she had overstayed her welcome and decided to leave.

IMHO, Selma is not the greatest example to use of as a beacon of law abiding behavior. The illegal invader proponents will simply claim that as a famous and wealthy actress, she would have no problems renewing a visa and ultimately securing citizenship. If anything, they will demand the process be made simpler to accommodate their needs as is done in the case of those with money and or fame. In fact, they might claim they are being discriminated against because they are not wealthy or famous.

As far as her leaving when her visa expired, well what else was she going to do? Again, fame cuts both ways.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)