Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

San Diego--Save America Rally today--after action report

Just got back from our event in downtown San Diego. Beautiful day. About 100 people turned out. Props to everyone who did turn out! We got lots of supportive honks and "thumbs up" from passersby, but just a few "birds." We specifically timed our event to avoid the pro-amnesty crowd which amassed by the thousands (my husband was at the San Diego Zoo and could hear them--he said it reminded him of the old Hitler black and white films only in Spanish) in nearby Balboa Park. Curious to see the news coverage on it and reports from any who lingered at the County Admin. building once the pro-amnesty crowd got there. I will post some photos later. There was a congregation point for the pro-amnesty group near our and some of our patriots had competing shouting matches with the illegals who were chanting "USA! USA!" and holding American flags. Notwitstanding the illegals' flags and "USA" chants, there were still quite a few Mexican flags just in the sub group we saw and of course their signs were in Spanish saying "Legal: si se puede" and such. My husband saw a sea of open borders types coming across the bridge--he said the Mexican flags probably outnumbered US flags 5 to 1 in the throng coming over from Balboa Park. More later with the photos. Anyone else who was there today, feel free to add your comments to this thread.

Concernedmother
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

"birds." "birds." You should have invited Chaney

"he said it reminded him of the old Hitler black and white films only in Spanish" Now thats a little scarey to think about.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great job for doing that! Thank you! I hope it gets some news coverage.

They're leaders are advocating the same kind of racist, separatist garbage, so it makes sense it would remind someone of the Nazis.
    https://www.alipac.us/article738.html

Don't they want their, "racially pure," "fatherland," of Aztlan?

It CAN happen here! And it will, if it is allowed to!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Herein is the problem with our movement....we hold a March in San Diego and 100 people show up....they held and illegal rally in Dallas today and 350,000 show up.

We cannot win the war to stop Amnesty with these kinds of showings....I really think if you listen to the rhetoric on the news channels, that we need a serious march.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by PintoBean
    ....we hold a March in San Diego and 100 people show up....they held and illegal rally in Dallas today and 350,000 show up.
    Pinto Bean
    Why is that?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I was there as well with my parents who are in their 60's and a few of my friends. I was never prouder. As concernedmother said, there was about 100 of us but when I left to go back to may car, I saw THOUSANDS of them.

It was interesting to me that many of the non-hispanic people driving by tried to avoid making eye contact as if they thought that ignoring us (and the problem) would make it all better.

I was very proud to be an American today. I think faxing, calling and writing your representatives is good to do but protesting really allowed me to express myself among others who share the same feeling. There was something unique about being there in person. I also feel as if I helped get the word out by being at the rally so that more Americans will come out and join us next time.

FYI, the other side is VERY ORGANIZED. They had buses to take them back to their cars, port-a-potties, a stage, water, food, professional signage. The people organizing the pro-illegal group have a lot of money!

I hope that more San Diegians will join us next time...sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you concernedmother.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/8580904/detail.html

Tens Of Thousands March In Support Of Immigrants
    Demonstration Is Largest Since Vietnam War

SAN DIEGO -- Police said that Sunday's march in support of immigrants was the biggest demonstration the city has seen since the Vietnam War.

Tens of thousands of people, most dressed in white and waving American flags, marched from 6th Avenue at Laurel in Balboa Park down Broadway to the County Administration Center at 1600 Pacific Highway. Police estimated the crowd at at least 50,000 people, but other observers said there were more than 100,000 marchers. Officials said the crowd was well-behaved and orderly and nobody was arrested.

Several columns of marchers started from different points and met at the County Administration Building. The main column started at 6th Avenue and Laurel Street. After a rally and speeches, those marchers headed south on 6th, then west on Broadway, then north on Pacific Highway. It took the column about 90 minutes to pass in front of the NBC 7/39 studios at 225 broadway.

The crowd was animated and noisy. The atmosphere was festive, with drums playing while the crowd of thousands whistled, chanted and cheered.

Many people brought young children along. Unlike previous marches, American flags far outnumbered Mexican flags. Marchers chanted slogans including "USA, USA," and "Aqui estamos, y no nos vamos" ("We are here and we won't go").

Organizers called Sunday's event "Immigrants Are America" and said it protested punitive immigrant reform proposals being debaited in the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.

"Just and fair immigration legislation in the United States must consider the lives of people who have lived here for years," one of the event's organizers, Gus Chavez said on the eve of the march. "We must remember that immigrants are society's conscience."

Organizers want to follow up the Sunday demonstrations with a nationwide boycott on May 1 to show the buying power of Mexican immigrants. They urged all Latinos to avoide making purchased that day. They also want people to stay home from school and work that day.

Sunday's event comes on the heels of large student walkouts in San Diego and Los Angeles-area high schools and colleges earlier in April. Those actions also protested federal immigration reform proposals.

On Friday, the U.S. Senate was unable to pass legislation that would permit illegal immigrants who have been working in the United States for more than five years to apply for legal permanent residency. Under that proposal, those in this country for two years to five years would have to leave, but they could return under temporary work permits. Those here for less than two years would be required to leave and apply for a visa to return.

Another day of similar protests is planned for Los Angeles Monday.

My husband said in the crowd he saw that Mexican flags outnumbered US flags 5 to 1.
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Some photos from today's event in San Diego

- Clarence Darrow</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    They had buses to take them back to their cars, port-a-potties, a stage, water, food, professional signage. The people organizing the pro-illegal group have a lot of money!
    Now we know what La Raza is doing with some of the taxpayer money they've received. Gives ya a nice warm fuzzy feeling, doesn't it?

Concernedmother,

Congrats on the rally. Those pictures are great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast