Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sanctuary Cities

Sanctuary Cities
    http://fredfile.imwithfred.com/
    by Fred Thompson

Posted on August 13th, 2007

If you listen to folks who oppose immigration and border enforcement, you get the feeling they think we put locks on our doors to keep everybody out. The truth is we have locks so we can choose who comes in.

An example of what happens when we don’t make the choice took place August 4th when three Newark, New Jersey, college students with great promise were executed, gangland style. The killers’ ringleader was apparently an illegal alien indicted twice in 2007 for felonies, including the rape of a kindergarten-aged girl.

Why would such a person be set free instead of being handed over to authorities for deportation? The answer is that Newark is a “sanctuary cityâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have the right to keep criminal predators out of our home. Those who want to immigrate into America need to knock, identify themselves, and ask permission first. They will not do so though if we can’t even ask who they are, which is prevented in sanctuary cities. Now I am a strong federalist, but immigration is a responsibility of the federal government, and the failures of local officials to enforce our national laws have a direct impact on communities around the country. So federal law must be enforced, or our neighborhoods will continue to be the scene of chilling and lurid crimes committed by those who broke the law in the first place to come to America.

This is a big thing for me when I see stuff happening here. Why should a guy, that is a citizen, not be able to get a job in his 40's because it shows up on a report that he stole gum from the local grocery store when he was 6?. Back then...our parents turned us in in order for us to learn what is right or wrong. They SAY these things don't show up....but they do. Yet.....in order to help our NEW immigrants...legal or ILLEGAL....there is no record of anything.

My daughter has a friend right now on the "sexual preditor"
    list because he had sex with his girlfriend. Not a child...a peer....but for the rest of this guys life....he is a sexual predator. Why? Parents of the girl didn't like him. They WAITED for the day when he turned 18 to file this. Hey ....I understand when a parent is faced to beleive their little angel isn't perfect ......but to make a guy a sexual preditor for the rest of their LIFE? No....I don 't get that. Heck then....my DAD was a sexual preditor.....he was 21 and my mom was 16. Married from day 1 and stayed married till they died. That isn't a sexual preditor. Just like a drug user isn't someone with an asprin......it's gone to bizarre extreemes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that clarifies Fred's position.