Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    Latinoman, it is so. Too many legal immigrants have been pushed to the back by illegal aliens. My husbands co-worker is aiming to become a citizen, he and his wife came here LEGALLY from MEXICO. Now he is trying to improve his English and wanted to take a class, guess what HE has to pay for it. He does not get and ESL class at a local community college for free, as illegal aliens do. How backwards is that?

This guy and his wife owned a house and after a while the bank said it was selling out all of it loans to another mortgage company and his was among them and they had to come up with over $5,000.00 to pay to this new mortgage company. So, they could not and had to sell it and move to an apartment.

Possibly if they had been here illegally, they might have been able to get help to keep their home? Seems that the illegal aliens get all the help an legal immigrants get nothing. It is all so wrong.
    AE, so just to be clear, you agree with me right. Illegal aliens are cheating and hurting those playing by the rules like your husband's co-worker. That right there should be the main reason to oppose illegal immigration.

MW
    Latinoman wrote:

That's not a good argument. Why are they in prison in the first place? Most could be there simply because of their illegal status and not because they killed or raped anyone.
    To my knowledge, illegals that are picked up for just being illegal aren't typically sent to prison to await deportation. I believe they have temporary holding centers specifically designated for that purpose.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rape, pedophilia and murder is unfortunately one of the jobs Americans have been known to do throughout our recent history. We do not have enough information to suggest that she was a lesbian, a lure for her father's sexual appetite, or anything else. Whether she is innocent or guilty is for the authorities investigating to decide, not people posting on a website.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: The Sandra Cantu case an Anglo allegedly killed a Latino

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The illegals still cost too much but comparative crime level is not a good argument
    If you visit the prisons, you will see that comparative crime level is an excellent argument against illegal aliens.
    In 2005, the U.S. Bureau of Prisons reported that 25% of federal prisoners were illegal aliens.

What is not a good argument is using national statistics as prejudice for presuming guilt in any specific case.
    That's not a good argument. Why are they in prison in the first place? Most could be there simply because of their illegal status and not because they killed or raped anyone. We must stop using these arguments against illegal immigrants especially those that are Latino because that's why they brand us as racists. We don't know that they're all evil people, most are probably here to work, we just know that they cut to the front of the line. That is a good enough reason to oppose illegal immigration. It's about being fair to those that played by the rules. Oh. and a country cannot adjust to a sudden influx of a large group of people. Infrastructure cannot keep up.
    Latinoman, PRISON is not where one is sent for an immigration violation. Illegal aliens, unless picked up on what would be considered 'serious' crimes - rape, murder, etc..., could be held at the county jail or a detention facility pending a deportation hearing/deportation.
    Felony convictions and/or repeat/habitual offenders are the folks who get the prison time. "Just here to work" doesn't send one to the big house

Re: The Sandra Cantu case an Anglo allegedly killed a Latino

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The illegals still cost too much but comparative crime level is not a good argument
    If you visit the prisons, you will see that comparative crime level is an excellent argument against illegal aliens.
    In 2005, the U.S. Bureau of Prisons reported that 25% of federal prisoners were illegal aliens.

What is not a good argument is using national statistics as prejudice for presuming guilt in any specific case.
    That's not a good argument. Why are they in prison in the first place? Most could be there simply because of their illegal status and not because they killed or raped anyone. We must stop using these arguments against illegal immigrants especially those that are Latino because that's why they brand us as racists. We don't know that they're all evil people, most are probably here to work, we just know that they cut to the front of the line. That is a good enough reason to oppose illegal immigration. It's about being fair to those that played by the rules. Oh. and a country cannot adjust to a sudden influx of a large group of people. Infrastructure cannot keep up.
    Latinoman, PRISON is not where one is sent for an immigration violation. Illegal aliens, unless picked up on what would be considered 'serious' crimes - rape, murder, etc..., could be held at the county jail or a detention facility pending a deportation hearing/deportation.
    Felony convictions and/or repeat/habitual offenders are the folks who get the prison time. "Just here to work" doesn't send one to the big house

Hmm. How about we take a look at the statistics from our very own government. Here's the most up to date stats on federal prison inmates:

http://www.bop.gov/news/quick.jsp#2

Inmates that have citizenship outside the US (some probably aren't necessarily illegal aliens) totaled 54,069 (~26%). [Note: Federal Bureau of Prisons does not keep figures on illegal immigrants]

And on that same page you'll find that 10.9% of inmates were incarcerated for "IMMIGRATION" offense [sentenced for entering U.S. unlawfully or residing in the country without authorization.]

So immigration violation is indeed one of the reasons many illegal aliens are sent to federal prison. Please feel to point out where I'm wrong MW and florgal.

AE

Latinoman, yes, they are hurting legal immigrants, as it is cheating the system that the honest people played within. Then it also cheapens the efforts of those who came here legally.

As with my husbands co-worker, he is having to pay for his ESL classes, for some reason illegal aliens do not.

However, I DO believe, and know first hand that illegal aliens also hurt Americans, as with being here illegally, getting jobs outside of the laws, they are aiding in the process to depress wages, and also shut younger generations of Americans out of the entry level jobs that illegal aliens are most likely to hold (along with the jobs being shipped over to India).

Example: My mother works for a large dry cleaning company. There was a driver who had been recently hired, a man in his early 30's, with a family. Now although this was not a terribly high paying job, he took it at $10.00 hourly, doing deliveries and pick-ups. About 5 months into his position, the employer called him in and explained he was letting him go. The guy asked why and what he could do to fix anything he did to cause this. The employer replied "I can get one of the illegals here to do it cheaper" (his EXACT words).

My mother was told by one of the women who work there that "Latinos work harder than Americans, that's why the boss wants us here". She then explained to this young woman that is not the reason, it is that he can get them at a cheaper rate per hour than Americans.

I see that the blame falls on the employers who hire these people, they know the laws and only want to financially benefit, and I blame the illegal aliens who know it is wrong but continue to do so and then attempt to justify it.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE, yea, those are all legitimate reasons to oppose illegal immigration, and I agree. Again, I'm disputing the numbers provided here about illegals being incarcerated in federal prisons and thus making assumption that illegals are evil people that are here to rape and kill. I pointed out taht one reason they're in prison is precisely because of their immigration status. I provided the numbers and proof using statistics provided by our own government and so far no one has disputed them so I can only assume I must be right??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12