Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Santorum Running On An Issue That Doesn't Exist

Did anyone happen to see Lou Dobbs tonight? I couldn't believe it. Santorum was somewhere in his district campaigning and was talking about the immigration problem. An older lady seemed fairly upset about him running on an immigration issue when they don't even have an immigration problem anywhere in Pennsylvania, she said to Santorum, ' You show where there is an immigration problem, you just show me!' Where do you know that this is a -- has become a problem in Pennsylvania? He told her that he had gotten more feedback about immigration than any other issue.

Gee we just heard about Hazelton and then there's the stuff with Geno in Philly.......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought Pennsylvania was being over run with Illegals

Didn't see that segment of the show, but the lady obviously hasn't stuck her head out the door in awhile.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This attitude doesn't surprise me at all. Most of the affluent elderly citizens in Pennsylvania are totally unaware of the illegal immigration problem. They live on their 5 acre plot of land and hire illegals who cut their lawns through a contractor. They never see the workers. Their lawns are beautiful and that's all they care. They remind me of those who have the attitude of "it will never happen here". The housing in the area that I live in are very expensive and the illegals can not afford to lease or pay the rent. But less than 10 miles away from us in Scranton and also in Wilkes-Barre the demographics are rapidly changing. And with each passing day one can pick up the local newspaper and read were a crime was committed. Murder rates are going up and it is no longer a local common name that one reads. Drug traffic on the increase. The list goes on and on, but with the affluent elderly they don't worry and don't see what is happening outside their homes.

That's true but these people that have no awareness still seem to find their way out to vote. Hopefully, she will gain some knowledge of the problem.

Here in Western Pa. there isn't a problem with illegal immigration. When we moved here and I mentioned MS-13 gangs nobody knew what I was talking about Some people believe it is a media created problem since they don't see it for themselves. As far as liberal goes, the Eastern part of Pa. tends to have the most. People in the Pittsburgh area are mostly die-hard Democracts because of the unions. People think I'm strange because I am an Independent. I vote the issues not the party.

Well, I go east on business and when I bring up the illegal topic, I am looked upon as nuts. My own brother, who lives in Virginia, has told me to stop emailing my "rants" because he sees no impending disaster. I say, "Well, brother, look out. They are on your porch as we speak." It's like any other problem, it doesn't affect me so I will not let it affect my life. But I will keep pinging them with my "rants" until it sinks in.
    Hussein who?

What part of Virgninia does your brother live? I moved from Northern Va. last year and illegals and MS-13 are big problems.

My brother lives in Severn, outside of Norfolk. Nice area around there, I have to admit.
    Hussein who?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast