Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

Santorum! Santorum! Santorum!

Santorum! Santorum! Santorum!

Posted by: Dean Barnett at 5:25 PM

Last night I watched the tape of the Rick Santorum – Bob Casey, Jr. Senate debate. I can’t find it anywhere on the web, but when you have a chance to catch it be sure to do so. It was almost without question the funniest political debate I’ve ever seen.

Santorum was articulate, aggressive and impressive. If he should lose in November, the strength of the campaign he has run in this annus horriblus should guarantee him a future in the party. I’m firmly a Romney guy and I’ve always been to Santorum’s left on some social issues, but if he winds up having a lot of time on his hands come next January, he might consider making some leisure trips to Iowa. Santorum has shown himself to be full of the qualities that many other high-level members of our party lack – guts, determination, commitment, and passion.

While Santorum was great, the real highlights of the debate came from Casey. I’m not exaggerating here – Casey came across as a unibrowed version of Chance the Gardener. If he had responded to a question on tax policy by telling the audience that for the garden to bloom in May it must lie fallow in February, I wouldn’t have been the least bit surprised.

The unquestioned high point of the debate came when Santorum defied Casey to identify the high ranking Iranian mullah muckety-muck that the state department recently (and idiotically) granted a visa to. Amazingly, Casey could not produce the name Khatami.

There’s an even more incredible aspect to that exchange that becomes apparent only when you really think about it. Santorum was so confident of Casey’s ignorance, he knew he could toss him an easy one like challenging him to identify Khatami and not worry about Casey showing him up by actually having a clue.

I've gotten a few letters saying that whenever I mention a candidate, I should provide a link to the candidate’s website so interested readers can do more reading or maybe even kick the guy a few bucks. Until now, I’ve never really felt the urge to do that. But click here http://www.ricksantorum.com/?sid=google to go to Rick Santorum’s website and give the man a hand.

While you’re there, check out Santorum’s closing statement from Thursday’s debate. At least one politician out there has the ability to inspire.

http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/74165abf ... a040d57ed8
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

MW
    Thanks, UB. I'm not a Pa. resident, but I signed the Sen. Santorum (R-PA) "NO AMNESTY" petition offered on his website anyway.

I certainly hope the incumbent, Sen. Santorum, keeps his seat in the Senate. Casey is a pro-illegal immigrant candidate.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah, Santorum is great. He stands head and shoulders over Casey. Unfortunately, he is really being hurt by his connection to Bush. He is one of the few Republican candidates that has refused to really distance himself from the president. I admire his principled stand, but I think it is going to cost him.

Casey is a big name in PA because his father was a popular governor here. The two big issues in PA right now are the economy and Iraq. Illegal immigration is a hot topic in certain targeted areas, such as some Northeastern towns, but not in a lot of the state. Casey will surely vote for amnesty, but, unfortunately, it just isn't the most important issue to the majority of Pennsylvanians.

I am afraid Santorum is going to lose. If he does, it will be a great loss for the Commonwealth, IMO. We will then be stuck with Casey and snarlin' Arlen. We'll see, though. Santorum is known to finish strong. Let's hope for the best.

Banned
    Immigration aside, I like Santorum because he's always been strong on animal issues. I really hope he wins....we need more people like him in the Senate.