Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RON PAUL showing his true side on this ?

MW
    Once_A_Democrat wrote:

I was hoping a Paul supporter would call his office and find out why he's not cosponoring this bill.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Well, at least six congressman from North Carolina have signed on.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Once_A_Democrat wrote:

I was hoping a Paul supporter would call his office and find out why he's not cosponoring this bill.

I called every congressional office in OH and ony 2 House members knew about and cosponsored the biil. Everyone else that answered the phone was ignorant. The bill isnew. It was just introduce two days ago.

I've been calling and emailing my congressman and the others in OH trying to get their support. Dennis Kucinick office was rough. They didn't want to pass along any messages. They wanted my phone no., so Dennis could call me. Perhaps I'll call him again, and give them my cell #.

Rep. Altmire (Pa.)
    Rep. Carney (Pa.)
    Rep. Holden (Pa.)
    Rep. Kanjorski (Pa.)
    Rep. Murphy (Pa.)
    Rep. Murtha (Pa.)
    Finally, some logical reasoning in PA!

Where are the PA GOP's????
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Bart Gordon (TN) has come through for us. I sent hm a big thank you!!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

No one in Nevada....any Nevadan's out there???????????
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know we have Idahoans and Wyomingites in here...where are your usually good congressmen?
    Outside calls may be needed

Idaho Reps.
    Mike Simpson (202)-225-5531, (20-334-1953
    Bill Sali (202) 225-6611, (20 336-9831

Wyoming Rep.
    Barbara Cubin (202) 225-2311, (307) 261-6595
    <div>Contact your Representatives and tell them to cosponsor the SAVE Act (H.R. 408!

numbersusa.com*
    ronpaul2008.com

</div>

November 9, 2007

Dear Mr. Magyart:

Thank you for contacting me regarding illegal immigration. I have spoken to folks all across our district and this continually ranks among their most important concerns. I share your concerns about illegal immigration and would like to share with you the principles I have communicated to my constituents and to my colleagues in Congress to get a handle on the immigration crisis. As always, I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with me.

By the most recent estimates, there are between 12 and 20 million illegal immigrants in the country. It is important, however, to make the distinction between legal and illegal immigrants. America is a nation of immigrants. Since our Founding, millions of people have come to this country legally to work hard, follow the law, learn the language, and become Americans.

Over the past 35 years, the problem of illegal immigration has grown exponentially, with the bulk of the illegal population coming across our southern border from Mexico. In fact, studies suggest that 50% of all native Mexicans residing in the U.S. are doing so illegally.

The time for meaningful immigration reform is now. First, we must secure the border. We cannot separate the issue of border security and homeland security. Second, we cannot allow amnesty for those that have broken the law. Thankfully, the Senate immigration proposal was defeated because of hard work from Americans who saw the amnesty deal for what is was. Third, we must make the system work better for those who want to come here legally, follow the law, learn the language, and become Americans.

In February, I had the opportunity to review parts of the southern border with Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff along with some of my colleagues. The visit made two things clear: First, the problem of illegal immigration is real and growing exponentially. Second, where it has been constructed, the fence is working. We must continue to build the fence to secure the border.

In addition to these "first principles" for securing the border, we must take further steps to deal with the immigration problem. We must have better workplace enforcement. By punishing employers who knowingly employ illegal immigrants, we remove the jobs magnet that attracts many illegal immigrants to America. There must be harsh consequences for employers who show no regard for the rule of law. We must also protect America's cultural identity by encouraging the assimilation of immigrants and by making English the official language.

As we move forward, it is my hope that we will be able to apply these principles, which I believe the overwhelming majority of American's support, to achieve real immigration solutions. Illegal immigration is a real problem facing this country and I will continue to do the hard work in Congress to advocate for the principles that I have laid out to you. Again, thank you for weighing in on this important issue. I have talked to so many families about this and will continue to keep your views in mind as the debate moves forward.

I hope you will find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any other concerns or questions you may have. You can reach us by phone at (202) 225-2676, or by e-mail through our website at http://jordan.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Jim Jordan

Member of Congress
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It sure sounds right, but will he cosponsor the Save Act ? Anyone on this board, from this Ohio district, willing to contact him and follow up ?
    Help is requested.

The SAVE Act; sponsored by Heath Shuller, freshman (D)

It's a good start; NUMBERS USA, has a comprehensive discussion of the legislation; it's meant to be a bipartisan start at getting legislation that isn't a "pander-bear" to the open border crowd and perhaps can be the first substantive piece that a large number of serious minded enforcement, only congress persons, can get behind.

To encourage my congress person, Susan Davis, to join the Heath Shuller SAVE ACT, I called her and wrote her from her web email and named the bill and the the sponsor. http://www.numbersusa.com/news?ID=9182
    This is the summsry of the Shuller legislation from the NUMBERS USA website.
    This is the Numbers USA summary of the bill and its key points; for those of you who have not joined the Numbers USA organization, please do consider it. They give excellent presentations of the new legislation and offer free faxes that are pre-configured with your Senator and your congressman's address so you need only review the fax and modify it to your liking...AND, then click the (send banner) and then the FAX goes on its way.

I know it works because for example, I have a letter from Senator Diane Feinstein, delivered in today's mail; basically telling me that she was pleased to get the fax and though we are on opposite sides of the "Dream ACT" she was glad that I was interested in the subject matter.

Now, I can continue a dialogue with her; she's a big supporter of things like the DREAM Act and I told her that I cannot even begin to think of supporting her for re-election or her party if they or she comes forward with legislation that in my thinking is a pander to the elitist, Republican president that I find it anethema to support;

things like the Dream Act, McCain-Kennedy, and other so-called immigration "reform" and comprehensive immigration bills; So, I'm hoping to get a dialogue going with the congress man (Susan Davis) of my district and also Feinstein and Boxer, to let them know how disappointed I am with the Republican position and how much I won't support them (the Democrats) as long as their position is comprised of Pro Amnesty or "give away" incentives for more rewards for illegal immigration.

I figure enough one-on-one web letters to them from their "official email" on their congressional websites and phone calls to their local offices raising the issues, might get them to "notice" the issue when it comes up for a vote.

Numbers USA gives a good explanation of the key points in the legislation and you can track the sponsorship through the Gov track website, too. I'll get the specific website for you if you need it.

http://www.numbersusa.com/news?ID=9182

Also, GovTrac, will provide a good way of tracking legislation and the particulars of a bill:

http://www.govtrack.us/

You sign up and log-in and it's a good way to keep up, with the bill, too.
    Please consider signing up for NumbersUSA before the next "immigration" legislation is unleashed against the American public. http://www.numbersusa.com/index
    It's free and they will pre-prepare a

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast