Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK, I emailed everyone in my network, including the President.

Sir: I am outraged that Americans are being demoted or fired for not
    speaking Spanish. What ever happened to coming to a country LEGALLY, and
    learning the language of that country out of courtesy AND necessity?

It's the responsibility of the folks from out of our country who come here
    to LEARN ENGLISH, NOT VICE VERSA! This is CRAZY!

No one put Lithuanian on any paperwork or ballot or anything, when my
    great-grandfather came here legally. He learned English and was proud of
    it. Sincerely,
    Then I gave the post at the beginning of this thread!

Back to packing!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Thanks everyone - especially curiouspat (good luck with the move by the way)

I haven't written my letter yet - but, just wanted to let you know that I'll also forward a link to our thread here to our local Oregonians for Immigration Reform (OFIR - for short) here's their site: www.oregonir.org

Maybe that'll help exert some additional local pressure as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mr. Pickering DEFINITELY needs to contact Mr. Howard Foster, the attorney handling the Mohawk Carpet, RICO prosecution case:

http://www.johnsonandbell.com/attorney/ ... oster.html

or, attornies at illegalemployers.com:

Mission Statement: To Assist Businesses Harmed as a Result of Unfair Competition and to Locate, Investigate and Prosecute Employers of IIIegal Aliens.

Illegal Employers use illegal*workers and do not pay them prevailing wages*or other benefits in order to*sell their products*or services at a lower price, or earn more profit,*than Employers who*obey the law. These Illegal Employers*Unfairly Compete in the Marketplace of the American Economy and*cause*taxpayers to pay more.*

By*choosing to hire Illegal Aliens so they can avoid paying minimum wage, payroll*taxes, worker's compensation insurance, overtime*and other legally mandated employee*benefits,*these Illegal Employers profit at the expense of taxpayers and honest Business owners. The*Illegal Employers contribute*to*the massive influx of*Illegal aliens into our country. Illegal Employers force*those who do pay taxes to also pay for the health care, education and welfare of the Illegal aliens they hire.

*We support the right of any immigrant to enter the United States legally. America was built on the blood and sweat of immigrants seeking*a better life. But those immigrants, who many of us call our ancestors, came here legally and complied with the immigration policies in existence at the time. They also did not expect or receive*free health care and other social services that most hard working Americans have to pay for.**

We recognize our country's borders are not secure. We also recognize that, for whatever reason, the Federal government is*not adequately*enforcing the immigration*laws. Therefore,*the Illegal*Employers do not*think they have to obey these laws and so are willing to hire those they know to be illegal aliens because they can profit at others' expense.

We*look forward to hearing from you if your company has lost business* because your competitor uses illegal aliens for cheap labor. Also, if you have been terminated from your job*because you*inquired about*your employer's illegal hiring practices*please contact us. *You can reach us at*1-800-377-9122. You can also contact us at our e-mail address: illegalemployers@hotmail.com

Any suggestions on how to get this information to Mr. Pickering?

Think we could email Neil Cavuto (through fox) who enterviewed him? Might be worth a try.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

mrzamerized: Yeah, thanks! Actually, that's one of the things I was working on between now and my last post! I did send a message to IllegalEmployers.org as they might have an interest in the details here - and even in the case where they couldn't / wouldn't persue such thing, at least they would be in a better position to point Mr. Pickering to some other legal help. I'd copy/paste the letter in here, but it is a bit long and is a bit detailed - but, rest assured, I let 'em knew what was going on....
    It seems as though Mr. Pickering is no longer directly employed with OR State at the moment (I tried looking him on using the State's online directory search: http://www.state.or.us/cgi-bin/employee.html - but to no avail). I also tried searching for him using QwestDEX and couldn't find any info on him here in OR either.

Also, I was wondering about other firefighting subcontractors that tried to compete / submit bids for work with the State but were not hired for the work - based upon [perceived or real?] higher costs associated with a mainly English-speaking workforce (noting a couple of layers of indirection in the line above... ). IllegalEmployers should definitely take a look at those contractors for sure...

jean: Yeah, why not? Actually, on second thought - I think O'Reilly might be better - he used to work here at a local TV station in OR for a few years quite a while ago and I know he has done some other stories about here in the NW fairly recently - in short, has has some local perspective that most others do not. Also, I think Dobbs might at least give it a look - he might have already covered this recently as well - don't recall offhand though...

Happy 4th - be safe, stay cool.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

firefighters are as crucial to our safety as police and the military, putting our fate in the hands of dirty law breakers and punishing US citizens is tantamount to treason and should be dealt with harshly.

I get the feeling this one struck a chord with us and we're going to do what we do best which is to FIGHT BACK FOR OUR FELLOW AMERICANS !!!!

Can do. Si se puede.

I too sent an email. I also dropped a short line to illegalemployers@hotmail.com thanking them for finally hurting these employers where it counts!!! This is outrageous. I included in my email to Lafferty, that when people see the Fire Engines rolling down the street it envokes pride and memories of either them or other loved ones being rescued by them and to please not tarnish these memories by continueing this practice that they have adopted.

http://capwiz.com/sicminc/issues/alert/ ... 11&type=CU

Click onto this link, it takes you to a form already written up, and will be sent to your Reps.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Hey All. I've got a handful of misc. comments/note on the subject, so bear with me...

1. Re: IllegalEmployers.org... fills a definite niche. I hope they can add many more attorneys and grow, grow, grow!

2. I also sent O'Reilly last night as well. Don't know if he'll bite of course, but let's see what happens.

3. Also, was poking around the ODF pages and scanned through this one:
    http://egov.oregon.gov/ODF/FireCrewLang ... ment.shtml

In it (near the bottom in the section titled 'Language Requirements') it says: "No ODF employees have been fired or demoted because of any language requirement; there is no requirement other than English proficiency for agency employees."

Hmmm.. ok, then where is Jaime Pickering then? His name does not generate a match on the State's online personnel search directory...

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I get the feeling this one struck a chord with us and we're going to do what we do best which is to FIGHT BACK FOR OUR FELLOW AMERICANS !!!!

Can do. Si se puede. 8)
    I think you called it 'as it is'. I think it's because many of us feel that we could potentially be facing something like the same someday....IMHO. In any case, the whole thing just seems plain WRONG to me.

5. moosetracks: Hey thanks for the link. I've seen other references to that site here somewhere but never followed-up. Very nice (for those that haven't, it's a 'form letter' about this specific issue ready to be sent to the appropriate Rep.). How convenient (kinda like NumbersUSA type actioncenter - or whatever it's called). I also noticed it is the same link as in your original post as well - Duh! (sometimes I miss the obvious)

6. I'd like to write a paragraph or two about our situation here in OR (State Gov't, US Senators, US Reps, illegal population, etc. ...) but won't out of respect for rules here (keeping to a single-issue). While there is a lot to be concerned about, there are some very good and interesting things going on as well.... maybe in a new topic somewhere perhaps.

7. I'll post back when I learn something new. After all, it's a holiday weekend and you should all be out having fun with the family and friends. The 'great experiment of self-governance' has made it some 230 years...
    Now go fire-up the barby-Q and watch some fireworks (and, of course, PLEASE be careful - don't start any fires with your fireworks for crying out loud! - my gosh, who would put them out?!?!?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast