Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Save Juan Campaign Granted Temporary Victory

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_213091015.html

Save Juan Campaign Granted Temporary Victory
    Click Here To Read Letter To President Bush

Tiffani Helberg
    Reporting

(CBS4) MIAMI A partial victory for 8 teens waging a battle on Capitol Hill to save a South Florida teen from being deported.

Wednesday afternoon, Immigration and Customs Enforcement granted a 45 day reprieve to Juan Gomez and his brother Alex.

The two will be released from the transitional facility where they are being held in Broward. His parents, however, will remain in custody at the Krome Detention facility.

The Gomez family was taken into custody by immigration officials last week for violating their visa stay. A deportation order was issued five years ago, but the family decided to stay in the U.S. rather than return to Colombia.

For the last two days, members of the Save Juan Campaign have appealed to members of Congress to pass two bills that would halt the deportation of Juan and his family.

Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who invited the 8 teens who formed the Save Juan Campaign to Washington DC to fight for their friend, admits it’s a long shot but she's proud of them for their efforts.

Tuesday, the teens met with a number of congressional leaders to ask for their support in passing two bills that would allow Killian Senior High graduate 18-year old Juan Gomez, his brother Alex, and their parents to stay in the U.S.

Juan, who was college bound, graduated at the top of his high school class. His friends say he and his family should be allowed to stay. They hope passage of the Dream Act will allow students who came to the U.S. with their parents be allowed to stay here. Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who is a co-sponsor of that bill, said she's doubtful the teens will win their fight.

"Rarely does Congress grant passage of these private bills," said Ros-Lehtinen, "secondly we've asked the federal agencies to stop the deportations, that are going to be difficult too. And thirdly, I had a meeting with President Bush yesterday on an unrelated matter. I handed him a letter signed by Lincoln Diaz Balart, Mario Diaz Balart, and myself asking the president to stop the deportation until Congress gets to look at the Dream Act."

Supporters of the Save Juan Campaign have until Friday to get an immigration subcommittee to hear their pleas. The committee will then have to approve it by two-thirds before it can move forward. After Friday, Congress adjourns for a five week recess.

During the last session, more than 100 so called "private amnesty" bills were filed with Congress on behalf of illegal immigrants. Not one passed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If this passes its an outrage. This will open the flood gates for all the other little anchors to cry and get their way for one reason or another!

MW
    Wednesday afternoon, Immigration and Customs Enforcement granted a 45 day reprieve to Juan Gomez and his brother Alex.
    Funny, isn't it, ICE folds like a house of cards with a little pressure from illegal advocats, yet they refuse to hear our pleas!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So...do you think our Dictator ordered DHS to postpone their deportation ?

We need to find out WHO ordered this so we can raise Holy H--L about NOT enforcing our laws.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

can we address the border agents issue too at the same time , can Ileana do that too , so Bush can sign their pardon in the same speedy manner!!
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

I recall when President Bush was praising Ilena as the first "Cuban American" to be in congress. That show where he stands on things.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

there is no question that the Bush clan has been having an intense love affair with Mexico.... but I dont think any of them understand the difference in the respective agendas of Cubans Vs Americans....

the latter are here to invade and divide the country so as to weaken it for Latino/Mexican power to merge the two nations for the benefit of Mexico. The former still only want to free Cuba.... though I doubt that more than 30% would go back to a free Cuba...
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

I don't know about that one as Cubans dislike Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and others as they feel they are above them. Cubans do like the cheap labor by illegals as in Miami they are the ones who hire many of them. My feelings are that Cubans are going along with some of the illegal causes because they are very well aware that when ever it is announced that Fidel Castro is dead the wet foot dry foot policy will die with it. In fact in the media where there were reports of what would happen when Fidel dies that is one thing that kept reappearing consistently. That is also the reason many are trying to get their relatives out of Cuba now. Once the wet foot dry foot policy is gone we will have a problem with them coming here as illegals so they in reality only want to take care of their own.

Why do I wonder if this case was not purposely prosecuted and the media alerted just so this kind of publicity could be generated?

There are a million such stories - real and fabricated - in the illegal population. If this is let go by - then all of them are here forever to fight in our courts - with American taxpayers furnishing the lawyers.

It is always the illegals sob stories you hear and not about the poor people who play by the immigration rules. I am so sick of it. If you read the Miami Herald you will know why.