Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SB 773: MAKES IT ILLEGAL TO BE ILLEGAL IN TEXAS

SB 773: MAKES IT ILLEGAL TO BE ILLEGAL IN TEXAS
    « on: February 26, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are my people...........................

http://www.danpatrickforsenate.com/+

AUSTIN – On Tuesday, Texas Senator Dan Patrick (R-Houston) introduced Senate Bill 773 which would make it illegal to be illegal in Texas. The bill, requested by cops on the beat, would give officers one more tool to detain and arrest persons who are suspected to be in violation of other laws. Upon passage, the penal code would be amended to define being illegal in Texas as criminal trespass, a Class B misdemeanor. The new classification could not be used as a primary offense, but it would be used to enhance officer’s “reasonable suspicion to believe the person has committed or is committing a violation of another law of this state or federal law.”

“I patrolled the Valley with border sheriff deputies,” Senator Patrick reported. “I was outraged to learn law enforcement did not have the tools to detain a person for being in our state illegally even when the officer had reason to believe the person had committed another offense,” Sen. Patrick offered.

In addition to the enhancement opportunities made available through this bill, arresting authorities are required to fingerprint persons who are in violation of this act. Additionally, law enforcement is allowed to transfer, at the agency’s discretion, violators to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for processing.

“We know drug traffickers and people of questionable intent are roaming our streets, and if local law enforcement, through their normal course of investigation, come in contact with these persons should we just let them go? I think not. We owe it to our citizens to give our officers every tool possible to detain those who wish to do us harm,” Patrick offered. “In private meetings with these street level officers, they have asked for this authority and I will make every effort to give it to them,” Sen. Patrick said. “Since the federal government has proven unable to secure our border, maybe they will wake up when we are depositing criminals, who are here illegally, into the lobby of the local Border Patrol office,” Patrick lamented.

In a related story, Senator Patrick offered a response to the Texas Association of Business (TAB)'s recent suggestion that Texas businesses want to build their operations around cheap, but illegal labor. The organization's views highlighted their opposition to border security legislation moving through the Texas House and Senate. “The Texas Association of Business has lost their focus. Instead of supporting businesses, they are on record as advancing a tax on businesses, shenanigans with our campaign finance laws and now supporting illegal immigration. These questionable activities over the last few years have left Texas taxpayers and businesses picking up the TAB,” Senator Patrick remarked. "With all due respect to the Texas Association of Business, a vast majority of Texas businesses want to operate inside the framework of Texas and Federal Law. Unfortunately, TAB's recent statements represent those few businesses who choose not to follow the law," Senator Patrick concluded.

Are the scared and leaving yet?

Oh, please don't bust up your family, take them all with you!

Hear this Arkansas, Louisana, Oklahoma... here come our illegals!!!!!!!!

If you think for a minute they are going to go south, think again. You better protect your own states!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wish that government officials every state that is fed up with illegals exploding all over their cities would come together and mandate a unified policy and present it to congress. There is power in numbers and if they all present a unified stance and pool their state/local/lawenforcement and financial/resources they could fight the traitors in the White House, the ACLU, LaRaza and all the rest of the suit happy special interest groups. If this were done pinpointing massive illegal populations for the purpose of deportation would be a cake walk.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

While this bill is good, we have laws on the books that are not being enforced. More and more states need to pass laws and then demand a constitutional admendent (sorry for my spelling) be passed that any enforcement agency that does not enforce laws on the books is charged with mismanagement and the managers are fined very heavily instead of being giving bonuses.

IL (my state) and MA (kennedy's state) will accept any and all illegals (criminals, rapists, murderers. paedophiles) that are flushed out, with open arms, except on the kennedy estate and/or neighborhood of course.

100% TRAITORS
    Durbin
    Obama
    BLAGoJevIch
    Daley
    Gutierrez
    Sandoval
    Jackson
    Rush
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Illegal loving Gov. Rick Perry will shoot that thing down so fast...I'm still pissed about him being re-elected!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    Illegal loving Gov. Rick Perry will shoot that thing down so fast...I'm still pissed about him being re-elected!!
    I'm still not sure he was, if you get my drift. Those numbers were so out of whack with the pre-election polls...

Illegal is already illegal. They don't need this bill. They need one to make all law enforcement enroll in 287(g) or pull state and federal funding for non-compliance. The program was recommended as necessary by the 911 Commission for national security. What else do we need to hear?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They do not need more bills and blablabla. They need to arrest all illegals and kick them back to Mexico.

The Texas illegals are already making their way to Nebraska. I see Texas license plates everywhere I go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast