Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SCAMM....Bank of America Alerts

THIS
    THE FOLLOWING CAME IN MY E-MAILBOX WITH AN ATTACHED DOWNLOAD....SINCE I DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH BOA.....IT IS A SCAM PROBABLY WITH A VIRUS OR A DETECTION PROGRAM...EVERYONE BE CAREFUL

Subj: Bank of America Alerts: SiteKey Limit Exceeded
    Date: 12/8/06 10:34:02 AM Eastern Standard Time
    Sent from the Internet (Details)
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Interesting...I got one of those too, from another bank. It had an attachment too. I did not open anything because I thought it looked suspicious.

for sure...

for sure...
    especially if you don't use that bank....e-bay and paypal also have the same scam about your account update or fraud
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

I do business with B of A and I don`t even look at the emails they send me..

I also have an account with Ebay and PayPal. I`ve gotten phoney emails from places who claim to be Ebay, but if that same message in not in your inbox at Ebay and if they ask for personal information it`s a scam.

When this happens what you do is "forward" that email to spoof@ebay.com . Ebay only excepts "forwards"
    ------------------------

SEND AS FORWARD

YES SEND THE FORWARD...BUT DON'T CLICK ANYTHING IN THE E-MAIL....AOL DOES THE SAME FORWARD TO

tosreport@aol.com

</div>

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Been getting this kind of junk all the time. These criminals must really be hurting to be spamming their scams in the volumes they are, people have gotten wise to them all.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A quick way to check the routing info is click on full headers in the email you recieve if you are not sure it is legit or not. For ebay and paypal, you have to click on full headers and then forward the email so the company can look at where this email orginated from and try and shut the site/email acct. down. They cannot do much without the headers info.

Safest bet is that ebay, paypal and even your bank will never ask you to click on a link and update your account information or personal info. If they do it is a method of phishing to get your info and steal your identity and account info.

here is some interesting info everyone should read regarding computer scams:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061212/sftu014.html?.v=83
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"