Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

americangirl,
    Your post would be an excellent editorial in a newspaper but of course it wouldn't get printed.
    I can soooo relate to it.
    A word I heard a lot growing up was 'respect.' Don't hear that word much anymore.
    And that reminds me of a jury questionnaire I had to fill out to be a prospective juror which asked me to name 3 famous people I respected. Was really really hard to find any but one I put was Lou Dobbs!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    americangirl,
    Your post would be an excellent editorial in a newspaper but of course it wouldn't get printed.
    I can soooo relate to it.
    A word I heard a lot growing up was 'respect.' Don't hear that word much anymore.
    And that reminds me of a jury questionnaire I had to fill out to be a prospective juror which asked me to name 3 famous people I respected. Was really really hard to find any but one I put was Lou Dobbs!
    Oooooh, I'm sorry everybody. It just donned on me that many of you are assuming that I wrote the 1957 vs. 2007 comparisons. I didn't write it. I copied it from another board I post on (a private board among friends). The woman who posted it didn't site the source (but I know she didn't write it either).

I don't want to take credit for writing something I didn't write. I just thought it was all so true that I had to post it here
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I had an email like this so I'm guessing it's from one of those emails that float around.

I am getting to that middle forty something age, and I find myself more and more reminiscing about these "good old days." I think to myself when there just were no illegal immigrants all trolling around. You just saw Americans, and that was it. Prices were descent, people were just not as materialistic, greedy.

I do believe we had our problems back then ...but nothing compared to literally the threat of losing our country right out from under us, and a government so corrupt.

I just can't stand, at the very basic level, that I have to work hard so someone else can sit back and not work hard. I have to sweat it out and go to school and do papers and try to make the grade while someone else just ducks out and makes up a million reasons why they "can't" do it.

I was never given a thing. I had parents divorced when I was 10 years old. My dad ran off (and I am a white girl, too) and NO ONE helped me get through college -- I worked my way through. I finished it. I sweated through it and just did it. And it was hard. Many days I felt I was close to a nervous breakdown it was so hard. It still is!

I stay moral, stay married, keep my nose to the grindstone while someone else cheats, runs around, never marries, never commits. I am the "strict" mom, the mom who doesn't let her kids run around and do drugs or terrorize the neighborhood. I take heat for that, from my kids, even from errant family members, for being the "tough one." I am the one ridiculed for trying to hold up to standards, for pointing out the wrongs.

I am just SO tired of it all being balanced on MY BACK. I am so tired of slogging through, paying already exhorbitant taxes while people of low incomes who usually don't marry (and that is the main reason why they're poor) don't pay any taxes. I have to support their lifestyles. I am tired of it.

I hope other Americans feel as exhausted and tired as I am, and will rise up against all of this FREELOADING that has been going on for years, not just with immigration, but with every element of our society. I would not be sad if we just did break off from some of them -- let them have California -- every freeloader in the world can just go there and live amongst each other. Trouble is, they'd invade again to places where there WAS a tax base.

I feel Americans should send one simple message to these illegals -- this is NOT your land and you will no longer receive government benefits from the United States. Those are our tax dollars that will go to American cititzens's interests, period. If you want to make it here, you have to come here legally, work right alongside the rest of us, go to school and stay in school, right alongside the rest of us . . .and that will take learning English and being respectful. It will take being married and standing up for what is right -- not having babies you can't support and not joining up with whatever gang protects you for the day.

Sorry, coffee must be kicking in. . .I'll end it here.

jjmm....I agree completely. I know every generation says it, but life really is different today than when I was growing up. I TOO miss those days when there were no illegal aliens running around.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

When I was born in 1950, there were only 150million in the U.S. That's a full HALF of what the population is now. So, in a little over 55 years, we've doubled the population.

And, we know MOST of the growth comes from immigration. Duh - has anyone every thought that just MAYBE we should stop all immigration?? Illegal first, and then legal, until we get ourselves together for our OWN citizens.

Do we really need over 300million people in this country?! I think not. I believe this overpopulating of our country by our so-called "leaders" is a really BAD idea.

And, of course, all of the statistics say that we'll have 450million by mid-century. Well, guess what - we would not HAVE to have that many, if we'd do what we should be doing!! That really burns my butt when people talk about "inevitability" of our population growth. That's because they're either too lazy to do something, or they are corporate big-wigs who want the cheap labor, or liberals who are all about P.C.

jjmm....agree completely. I had my kids later in life but for the first time I figure we can honestly look our kids in the eye and not have a clue anymore as to what their life is like. It is nothing like it was when I was growing up. I can honestly say I have no desire what-so-ever to be "young" again in this world.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    I am getting to that middle forty something age, and I find myself more and more reminiscing about these "good old days." I think to myself when there just were no illegal immigrants all trolling around. You just saw Americans, and that was it. Prices were descent, people were just not as materialistic, greedy.

I do believe we had our problems back then ...but nothing compared to literally the threat of losing our country right out from under us, and a government so corrupt.

I just can't stand, at the very basic level, that I have to work hard so someone else can sit back and not work hard. I have to sweat it out and go to school and do papers and try to make the grade while someone else just ducks out and makes up a million reasons why they "can't" do it.

I was never given a thing. I had parents divorced when I was 10 years old. My dad ran off (and I am a white girl, too) and NO ONE helped me get through college -- I worked my way through. I finished it. I sweated through it and just did it. And it was hard. Many days I felt I was close to a nervous breakdown it was so hard. It still is!

I stay moral, stay married, keep my nose to the grindstone while someone else cheats, runs around, never marries, never commits. I am the "strict" mom, the mom who doesn't let her kids run around and do drugs or terrorize the neighborhood. I take heat for that, from my kids, even from errant family members, for being the "tough one." I am the one ridiculed for trying to hold up to standards, for pointing out the wrongs.

I am just SO tired of it all being balanced on MY BACK. I am so tired of slogging through, paying already exhorbitant taxes while people of low incomes who usually don't marry (and that is the main reason why they're poor) don't pay any taxes. I have to support their lifestyles. I am tired of it.

I hope other Americans feel as exhausted and tired as I am, and will rise up against all of this FREELOADING that has been going on for years, not just with immigration, but with every element of our society. I would not be sad if we just did break off from some of them -- let them have California -- every freeloader in the world can just go there and live amongst each other. Trouble is, they'd invade again to places where there WAS a tax base.

I feel Americans should send one simple message to these illegals -- this is NOT your land and you will no longer receive government benefits from the United States. Those are our tax dollars that will go to American cititzens's interests, period. If you want to make it here, you have to come here legally, work right alongside the rest of us, go to school and stay in school, right alongside the rest of us . . .and that will take learning English and being respectful. It will take being married and standing up for what is right -- not having babies you can't support and not joining up with whatever gang protects you for the day.

Sorry, coffee must be kicking in. . .I'll end it here.
    It's hard to find anyone who is a 'straight arrow' anymore. A few years back the IRS was holding panel hearings around the country to solicit ideas for improvement. Twice I went and asked why they didn't go after tax evaders, since audits have been shown to be cost effective. Most people come in to the IRS, even to these hearings, and pour out a big sob story--I'm not doubting that they have had a very rough patch, but an awful lot of them have excellent careers or family wealth--so they recover from it. What about the people who are not advanced in their careers simply because no one recognizes their value? Finally one other guy piped in during a meeting that the IRS should give out a reward for faithful taxpayers. The IRS maintained then that cutting discount deals on unpaid taxes (tax amnesty) only made business sense.

Earlier in my life I was often mistaken for a comfortable middle class person, perhaps because of the pervasive religious influence in our family, and had to listen to a lot of sob stories. Now those sob stories are big money successes and I slowly realized that as poverty stricken as my ancestors actually were, I will never have anything except what I have worked for. And even that is hard to hold onto in an increasingly perverse society.

For years I have been watching the construction industry go into a tailspin as people use less intelligence, waste expensive items, come in drunk or hungover, stand around and talk, or whatever. It is no wonder that companies finally resorted to cheap, albeit illegal, labor. I think the same thing has happened in other industries. I couldn't believe it when I read reports that say the avergage office worker spends two hours a day at other pursuits---but I know how Americans have become.

Immigration is being forced upon us by elites of: vote pandering politicians, civil rights "scholars," fuzzy minded educators, professional bureacrats dependent upon "growth" and---last but not least FOREIGN INTERESTS!!

But anyone who thinks the Right doesn't have problems, too, should look at: How far the US dollar has fallen in value since the huge corporate scandals broke---and the host of credit problems facing our government.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1967-Yearbooks were in one language-English

2007-Yearbooks are bilingual(English and spanish)

1967-Everyone took American History

2007-Students have a choice of taking American History or latino History

Both of the changes above have happened in my towns high school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123