The Last Straw:

This morning my husband, unemployed because of illegals (see posts below) showed me our 10 year old's homework due tomarrow.

The paper was entitled 'Immigration Unit'

I have to paraphrase some of the questions because when we took the paper to our Principal to complain, 'inadvertantly' he kept the paper.

#1. Please explain how you would feel to live in a poor country?
#2. Explain in detail what lengths your family might go through to find a better life somewhere else?
#3. Describe how you would feel if you had to leave your home in the middle of the night to go somewhere else. What would you take and what would you leave behind?
#4. Once you moved, would you miss your old friends or make new ones?

etc..... but you get the picture.

My husband was mad because he believes it was a 'conspiracy' of the government to find out how our kids thought.
I believe it is the a violation of parents rights to raise our children under our discretion and that politics are not the schools job to teach. And that this was merelly a way to shape and mold the opinions of our 5th and 6th graders opinions to pity the illegals and taint their views WITH OUT consulting parents.

Charlie visited the Principal right away, our 10 year old does NOT have to complete this 'homework'. All 5th and 6th Graders in Numa were given this 'homework' I haven't found out how many schools, towns, states were given this homework.

I am going to look up the NEA to find out if they are trying to sneak in a political agenda to impressionable young minds.

I think this is a valid concern that I will follow up on.

SusieQ
Fallon, Nevada