Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    This thread is a duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I have to disagree with that assessment. This post is the "original". It was started on Dec 15th as soon as I found it on a site. The other post is started on Dec 19th. after the poster found it on AP.

I don't post here much, but I usually do a search before I post something just so that I don't duplicate a post. However, I did not search this one out as I post on a forum that does not discuss immigration(apathetic American), but someone had posted about finding the t-shirts and asked an innocent question as to whether Sears was now supporting illegal immigration.

As I thought this was something that all anti illegal groups should know about I began posting it around the "net", just as I did the "Nestle" video and the "United Way" fiasco.

My bad for duplicating something that had never been posted. Will not make the same mistake in the future. Merry Christmas everybody.

Edited to add that perhaps this duplicate thread should be deleted.
    "The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled, it burns like a consuming flame." ~Teddy Roosevelt~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jinky
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I have to disagree with that assessment. This post is the "original". It was started on Dec 15th as soon as I found it on a site. The other post is started on Dec 19th. after the poster found it on AP.

I don't post here much, but I usually do a search before I post something just so that I don't duplicate a post. However, I did not search this one out as I post on a forum that does not discuss immigration(apathetic American), but someone had posted about finding the t-shirts and asked an innocent question as to whether Sears was now supporting illegal immigration.

As I thought this was something that all anti illegal groups should know about I began posting it around the "net", just as I did the "Nestle" video and the "United Way" fiasco.

My bad for duplicating something that had never been posted. Will not make the same mistake in the future. Merry Christmas everybody.

Edited to add that perhaps this duplicate thread should be deleted.
    My apologies. The only thread that I had repviously seen was the other one. Don't get upset. I'm just trying to stem the recent tide of duplicate posts.

sears/hispanics

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/subcat.do?vertical=CLTH&cat=Mens&subcat=Novelty+T-Shirts&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Try this. Scroll down, you will see the shirts.
    I notice that all three characters on the shirts are for hispanics of Mexican roots. "El Chavo del ocho" is a Mexican comedy character. The other is I believe "Pancho Villa" with a big sombrero. The other celebrates "Mexican Pride" a fourth design is not specific to any spanish group or country. I wonder if they will make a fifth design "I'm an illegal". If anyone on this board is a legal Mexican citizen that is against illegal immigration. I apologize if I've offended you. Just pointing out a fact. I really like craftman tools, do I have to stop buying them now?

This post is similar to one in Pictures and Sears and the Asstan t-shirts. Same subject but the threads are developing a little differently.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They may not be online, but they are in the store. I could not resist going into to Sears last night at the mall to see for myself.

Bingo, there they were! NO one would talk to me about them and finally as my teenagers walked away mortified, I gave up trying to get a manager or supervisor to speak to me, as I turned to walk away I accidently knocked a stack off the table with my purse, turned around looked at them on the ground and walked away.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    They may not be online, but they are in the store. I could not resist going into to Sears last night at the mall to see for myself.

Bingo, there they were! NO one would talk to me about them and finally as my teenagers walked away mortified, I gave up trying to get a manager or supervisor to speak to me, as I turned to walk away I accidently knocked a stack off the table with my purse, turned around looked at them on the ground and walked away.

my hero!

For those reading this forum that may not really know what this thread is about, the following was taken directly from Wikipedia,

Due to the association of Aztlán with growing Mexican nationalism among residents of Mexican ancestry in the United States and its allegedly northern location, the name Aztlán was taken up by some radical Chicano activists of the 1960s and 1970s to refer to the area of the Southwestern United States that Mexico ceded to the United States after the Mexican-American War and that they claimed "rightfully" belonged to Mexico.

Aztlán appears in the title of the 1968 manifesto issued by the radical Chicano youth movement that called for "liberation" of that area from jurisdiction of the United States, the Plan Espiritual de Aztlán, as well as the names of several organizations, such as MEChA, (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán, "Chicano Student Movement of Aztlán"), an organization that gained notoriety for making territorial claims against the United States on behalf of Mexico.

Many in the Chicano Movement attribute poet Alurista for popularizing the term Aztlán in a poem presented during the Chicano Youth Liberation Conference in Denver, Colorado, March 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanamerican
    For those reading this forum that may not really know what this thread is about, the following was taken directly from Wikipedia,

Due to the association of Aztlán with growing Mexican nationalism among residents of Mexican ancestry in the United States and its allegedly northern location, the name Aztlán was taken up by some radical Chicano activists of the 1960s and 1970s to refer to the area of the Southwestern United States that Mexico ceded to the United States after the Mexican-American War and that they claimed "rightfully" belonged to Mexico.

Aztlán appears in the title of the 1968 manifesto issued by the radical Chicano youth movement that called for "liberation" of that area from jurisdiction of the United States, the Plan Espiritual de Aztlán, as well as the names of several organizations, such as MEChA, (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán, "Chicano Student Movement of Aztlán"), an organization that gained notoriety for making territorial claims against the United States on behalf of Mexico.

Many in the Chicano Movement attribute poet Alurista for popularizing the term Aztlán in a poem presented during the Chicano Youth Liberation Conference in Denver, Colorado, March 1969.

When I read this it makes me feel like I'm in Israel and the Palestines are trying to take our land because they claim it belongs to them. Can this be happening in the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by gusgriswald
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanamerican

When I read this it makes me feel like I'm in Israel and the Palestines are trying to take our land because they claim it belongs to them. Can this be happening in the U.S.?
    That's pretty much it imho. Some differences. The leaders in Israel don't seem to be in favor of giving up their homeland. Here 80% of Americans want a secure border, law enforcement and control of foreign nationals entering the country at will. I doubt you'd find 20% of the citizens of Israel willing to give up their homeland and tolerate the invasion we have. All immigrants are not a part of this. but it's likely some are. I'm willing to consider anyone in this country illegally as a party or potential party to this "taking" of someone else's country. I think as enforcement grows in the country we'll see that the migration won't be back to Mexico, but rather into the area "staked out" as Atzlan which is being prepared as sanctuary presently.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast