Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    [quote:3krd3qw6]Bennett uses St. George as an example of a nationwide issue. He says if the government forcibly removed undocumented workers "you would throw the United States into a serious economic recession," he said.

Eardley backs the senator on this one, but he also agrees with many of the Utahns who are asking Bennett to vote against the immigration bill.

He says the proposal makes it too easy for an undocumented worker to stay in the country indefinitely.

Bennett said he would have written the bill differently but he is enamored with the way the proposal came together.

Senate leaders drafted an influential team to create a bipartisan plan that has also earned the approval of President Bush.

It starts with beefed up border security and enforcement of immigration employment laws. Then it morphs into a guest worker program and special visas for those who arrived in the country before Jan. 1, 2007. To get the visas, the undocumented immigrants would have to pay a $5,000 fine.

Bennett calls the tenuous agreement "a sight to behold." He also says: "If you are a betting man, you bet this thing falls apart."

Senators expect to pick it up again when they return from their Memorial Day break next week. The proposal is under attack from both sides, with conservatives claiming the bill is "amnesty," while unions say it creates a permanent cheap labor force that will drive down wages.
    [/quote:3krd3qw6]

Senator Bennett, what happens when the economy takes a down turn and we have to pay unemployment to all these "permanent" temporary workers?

"ENAMOURED WITH THE WAY THE PROPOSAL CAME TOGETHER"!!! Yeah, that's a great way to decide on the merits of legislation!! He won't win re-election for sure...the jerk!!!

He makes me want to toss my cookies right here, right now!!!

Banned
    sippy wrote:
    Bennett is the Utah version of kennedy, except bennett doesn't drink. Both worthless.
    Are you sure about that??? I can't get passed the "Enamored" part!!!

I emailed him fwiw. I won't tie up the lines for constituents which stand less of a chance of being ignored (but apparently he will anyway.) I corrected him that this was actually very EXPENSIVE labor and why so. I then was just frank and asked why where was a "fix in" Senate - why they were determined to force a bill on this country against its will?

Banned
    SamLowry, find out how to block your number!!!

If Bennett has only gotten "1000 phones calls", the people of Utah need some help!!!!

I just called Sen. Bennett's office (Salt Lake City), got through, and urged the staffer to tell the Senator to reconsider his position and to NOT support this hideous amnesty bill. SO KEEP ON CALLING!

I also called Sen. Hatch's office as, at least publicly at this time, he hasn't said how he will vote. I was also able to get through, hit my points on why the senator should vote against this amnesty bill. The staffer said Senator Hatch "hasn't taken a position yet." So call/visit his offices too: NO BUSH/KENNEDY AMNESTY

202-224-5251 (Washington DC)
    801-524-4380 (Salt Lake City) Call today!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!

Bob Bennett (UT) Wants Amnesty for Cheap Construction

Yeah, first it's for construction, then it's for something else, and the next thing you know American workers will be replaced by them.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

"Bob Bennett opposes American construction workers!"

Banned
    C'mon Utah! Let's get Senator Bennett!

Samlowrey wrote:
    The part was how places like St. George were growing because people were FLEEING CALIFORNIA because of the illegals.
    Same reason Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Colorado are growing. All the decent folks are leaving California in DROVES. No ONE wants to live in a third world sewer.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    C'mon Utah! Let's get Senator Bennett!
    Thanks OMB! Bennett needs to hear from all of us! And Hatch too.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12