Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Cornyn, TX is almost on the Conference Committee!!!!!!

This is good news!!!!!!!!!!!! Fellow Texans, man the phones this is our guy and we can get to him because we can vote him out!!!!!!!!

http://cornyn.senate.gov/index.asp?f=re ... rid=237178

Cornyn Named To Conference Committee For Immigration Reform Bill
    'The differences between the House and Senate bills are significant, and the solutions will be difficult. But it's important to have border state Senators on this committee'
    Thursday, May 11, 2006

WASHINGTON—U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, chairman of the Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship subcommittee, received assurances Thursday from Senate leadership that he will be among the group of Senators and Representatives who will work out the differences between the Senate and House immigration bills, the conference committee.
    When you call, tell them you are calling on behalf of X # of voters in your household or your jobsite or what ever. I say, I am writing/calling on behalf of my 6 family members, which vote in this district, state.... and they are in agreement with me. You can fluff the number a little, family pets count in emergencies.

Go kick some Amnesty out of the Bill!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Cornyn has been pretty good so far, but I'm not prepared to call him the answer just yet. The best we can hope for is that the House stands its ground to the best of its ability.

Didn't Cornyn cave to a "guest worker" or some such language? I know my ears stood up about something he said a short time ago.

For what it's worth, NONE OF THEM can be trusted. One must listen very carefully to how they phrase their speach. And then, some of them say one thing and have no problem turning on a dime. Must be some outrageous back room deals going on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We jumped Cornyn and he backed down real fast!

Hey Dixie.....nice to have you with us!

You keep jumpin him, girl! Make him tow the line but don't trust him.

Yes old Hillary is real good a flip floppin - she is now looking for Bible Verses to guide her. Kerry is going to look to the scriptures also.

Maybe we should just all go to Washington when they next meet. I am sick of them.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

dxd
    Cornyn may be starting to lean towrads amnesty. Yesterday I saw a sound bite where he said something to the effect that he is willing to give the illegal aliens in the country a "second chance". (whatever that means) He is not up for re-election in 2006.

Do not trust any one of them. Trust is a bad word!! They will sell you and your issue out in a heartbeat. Sometimes with a show and sometimes without a show. bush is the driving force doing the arm twisting. Who do you think the R senate and congress is going to listen to? You or Bush?

I just heard an interview with him on FOX. He says he doesn't support amnesty. He does believe in a "second chance". He didn't elaborate. It doesn't sound too good. Just a different BS word for amnesty.
    MY vote against these guys will be very clear.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

2nd CHANCE = EARNED CITIZENSHIP

I knew I didn't like him and there you have it. What a sneak, snake in the grass.

And that's why he's on the negotiating team for the Senate.
    ***Not up for election? WELL, GET THE PICTURE......he's nothing to lose!!!
    So that's how they're going to play this game.

I got a very long, very convoluted, definitely canned response from his office.

It boiled down to - 'amnesty'.

But that doesn't mean we don't need to keep the heat on him.

You know he is now on the speed dial of people like Tyson, Pilgrims, construction companies, etc.

He is getting it from both sides - just desserts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast